Need help with destruction dps

Hi I am at ilvl 538 but my dps is around 150k ish and from what i was told and read that i should be in the 230k range.

My characters name is Sílence on us crushridge
    im new so i cannot post links but you wow heroes search my character the i in silence is alt+0237

link to wow heroes
    *i did just reforge to haste/mastery but have not tested out yet in a raid*

any help would be much appreciated
    Last edited by Silence3329; 2013-10-24 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence3329 View Post
    Hi I am at ilvl 538 but my dps is around 150k ish and from what i was told and read that i should be in the 230k range.
    Told by Simcraft? 150k is perhaps a bit low-ish, but sounds pretty fine to me for that ilvl.

Simcraft puts you at 190k dps on a patchwerk fight so 150k depending on movement is probably good.

I would probably replace your int gems with int/mastery though and replace your shado-pan trinket asap.

Aim for the 10124 haste breakpoint, if you can't get to it, aim for the 2021 haste breakpoint. Once you have that, reforge/gem everything else into Mastery > Crit > Haste.

2021 +1 9.99%
    10124 +2 30.01%

That should help your numbers a little bit but 140-175k is about what I remember holding at around that gear level so you're doing fine IMHO. Remember that sim numbers are not real world numbers so take the 230k number with a grain of salt.

Yeah im like 15% haste and 69% mastery, I just did this change last night but have not tested this out.

Can anyone give me a solid rotation....
    I have been looking for awhile I am interested in how to use my burning embers to help with my dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah im like 15% haste and 69% mastery, I just did this change last night but have not tested this out.

Can anyone give me a solid rotation....
    I have been looking for awhile I am interested in how to use my burning embers to help with my dps
    Always try to keep Immolate up as much as possible.
    Never let yourself have 4 embers up.
    Cast Chaos Bolt when you have nice procs up (unless you are about to ember cap)
    Never let conflag have 2 charges.
    Try not to cast chaos bolt with 3 or more backdraft stacks unless you have all your procs and CDs rolling and they are about to finish.
    Use Havoc whenever possible, Shadowburn as well.

Uhhh.... I probably missed some stuff??? /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post
    Aim for the 10124 haste breakpoint, if you can't get to it, aim for the 2021 haste breakpoint. Once you have that, reforge/gem everything else into Mastery > Crit > Haste.

2021 +1 9.99%
    10124 +2 30.01%

I am going to test this out when I get home. Does anyone know a benchmark for the training dummy testing with just dark intent buff?

I am going to test this out when I get home. Does anyone know a benchmark for the training dummy testing with just dark intent buff?
    either Orgrimmar or Stormwind

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamekiller View Post
    Use Havoc whenever possible, Shadowburn as well.
    And this includes using Shadowburn entirely in place of Chaos Bolt on any target in "execute" range -- including the boss -- not just adds. The ember return is a sweet mechanic for add cleaving, but Shadowburn is also higher DPCT (damage per cast time) as a straight up nuke than Chaos Bolt except at extreme (i.e. pretty much unreachable in a non-gimmick fight) levels of haste or in the presence of a ginormous crit buff.

I can peak up to 300k but around the end of the fight and such im down to the 150-160k range and this was done on iron juggernaught. i was stacking mastery/crit at the time like 76%mastery and 26% crit... any ideas or thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post

2021 +1 9.99%
    10124 +2 30.01%

That should help your numbers a little bit but 140-175k is about what I remember holding at around that gear level so you're doing fine IMHO. Remember that sim numbers are not real world numbers so take the 230k number with a grain of salt.
    This is terrible advice for someone with such low ilvl gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillistrar View Post
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    Interception...
    Is that a like a charge within a charge? :P

Quote Originally Posted by arioc View Post
    This is terrible advice for someone with such low ilvl gear.
    Care to elaborate? This is what I've been running with, even when I was at that iLvl, and I've never had trouble generating good numbers. Or you could just make a statement like that and not back it up with any reasoning or specifics; cause that's always helpful, right?

@OP:
    The best way to determine what's best for you in your current gear would be to use a tool like AskMrRobot unless you want to get into simming your own results. Look at what it says is your optimal list of changes, then change the settings to use what I've suggested and you should only see a tiny difference between them but "real world" results show it to be better (in my experience). For rotation suggestions, look at IcyVeins or Noxxic and see if the information they have adds anything to what you already know.

Just a suggestion. There's been several in the thread so far, try them out and see what works best for you.

Lol at the 10124 bp for Destruction, especially for someone with that level of gear.

I looked over some of your logs from wowheroes.

Three things for you to focus on in fights.

Aim for a higher immolate uptime.
    Snipe more with Shadowburn, combo with Havoc.
    Line up Chaos Bolts better with procs.

Also, gem/reforge with the priority of Mastery>Crit>=Haste.

You have way too much haste, your spells hit like little girls.

Also, two secondary stats > one primary stat. So use Keen gems in red slots (expertise/mastery), so you can reforge out of more hit.

Cheers.

Pulled you up in AMR and my suggestion puts you ahead of what it says your optimal should be. Go after the 2021 haste break point.

Recommended changes: http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5e525edc.png

Shopping list: http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6441a970.png

Stat weights used: http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/...ps61775a2a.png

If you use the default profile, it only increases your score by 5680. The recommendations I made (above) increase your score by 6874.

Don't take this as gospel, but something to consider if you're not having any luck with other approaches.

Thanks for the info... Does anyone know what a good benchmark to hit when practicing on the training dummies?

Rather than taking a fish someone handed to you, I recommend learning how to fish.

http://simulationcraft.org/

Sim yourself with self buffs, and only debuffs you can put up on the dummy, adjust fight timer, run multiple trials, see if you can get within ~15% of what the sim says.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazgoth View Post

Sim yourself with self buffs, and only debuffs you can put up on the dummy, adjust fight timer, run multiple trials, see if you can get within ~15% of what the sim says.
    Cant wait to get home to start my testing. Ill feel much better once I can get this pegged down. Thanks alot for all the help everyone.