Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Deleted
    Prostitution should be legalised, regulated and taxed just like any other business.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Prostitution should be legalised, regulated and taxed just like any other business.
    Absolutely.

Agreed. It will always exist. That is it illegal to trade that which is perfectly legal to give away for free is absurd.

All it does is ensure the profession is in the hands of thugs. Not to say that legitimate business people wouldn't be scumbags, but they would be a better class of scumbag than a lot of the pimps and traffickers we see now. It would also make it much safer for those working in the industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Absolutely.
    Apparently it leads to slave trade, Which is why I'm not allowed to sell my penis's services

/sadpanda
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Interesting read. Of course it's a problem and making prostitution illegal doesn't really fix that problem if the women are on drugs. Sadly the biggest problem with drug users isn't even getting them to go for an intervention, but to stay clean - it's not exactly easy if you're thrown into the exact same environment after the intervention ends.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please. Hell, with a little extra money and a tad bit of loneliness, I would likely want some female companionship to help me get through my week. Only thing preventing it now is the fear of being caught by authorities or mixing with the wrong crowd (criminals)

Damn social conservatives on their overzealous morality. I can't wait for their influence to wane when young libertarians start taking the reins.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2013-10-23 at 05:14 PM.

Yep. Even if you are against it on moral reasons, clearly not enough people are since it is a thriving, worldwide business and has been for millenia. The best course of action for EVERYONE--workers, johns, advocates, opponents--is to legalize it, regulate it, and bring it out into the open. The ones who would get hurt the most by this are pimps and organized crime. Boo hoo hoo.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Even more than legalizing prostitution, this really underscores the need for better support for people with addictions.
    Pretty much. If prostitution were ever legalized on a large scale, theres a good chance these women will resort to other professions for the worse of everyone.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I don't get is how prostitution is illegal but the second you put a camera in front of a bed it's legal

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Even more than legalizing prostitution, this really underscores the need for better support for people with addictions.
    That's how I read it as well ... most prostitutes don't 'like' their job but do it out of necessity.
    Last edited by xindralol; 2013-10-23 at 06:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. It's long past time.

Agree with the side which says that the primary goal of any legislation should be the safety & wellbeing of sex workers. Thing is you can legalise it all you want, it's still going to be something that will be a melting pot for misery & suffering - when you're dealing with as many issues as are involved with prostitution there's no "easy" fix, if it's legalised it's still going to have problems. But this article was very straight & very difficult to read, even as someone as cold hearted as me, but alas that's what happens when you ignore the masses of information out there about drugs, it just seems very "unintelligent" that people still chose to partake when it's pretty much solidly documented how destructive they are.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

I approve.

Brothels are lovely places.

Deleted
    its legal where I live and should be legal everywhere

Sorry but IMO it's disgusting to think that prostitution should be legal. Prostitutes do not sell sex for money because they're fighting for a cause LOL. They do it because, for many, it's the only "job" they know how to do. It's an unhealthy and demeaning profession whether it's legal or not. And while I agree that they need help, making prostitution legal is not the solution. On a side note, I'd just like to say that, imo, paying for sex is pathetic.

Tax snatch snatch tax...

Sigh, it's illegal, because it's a woman's right issue. Married Women would than have competition, and would actually have to put out. ME and my wife had this discussion the other day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    They do it because, for many, it's the only "job" they know how to do. It's an unhealthy and demeaning profession whether it's legal or not.
    Yes, because prostitutes are clearly the only ones who have to do an unhealthy and demanding profession to survive.

Making it legal certainly wouldn't solve every issue - but it could help solving some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    Sorry but IMO it's disgusting to think that prostitution should be legal. Prostitutes do not sell sex for money because they're fighting for a cause LOL. They do it because, for many, it's the only "job" they know how to do. It's an unhealthy and demeaning profession whether it's legal or not. And while I agree that they need help, making prostitution legal is not the solution. On a side note, I'd just like to say that, imo, paying for sex is pathetic.
    Yep, spending hundreds to thousands of dollars and spending time in a relationship is so much better than just buying sex.

You'd rather I just get into a relationship, spend my money to take her out on a few dates, meet her parents, tell her how much you love and care then fuck her and leave? Yep, obviously the better option here, is it not? And also the possibly this chick might not even be good in bed yet I'm willing to bet a prostitute is.
    Last edited by Orcindauh; 2013-10-23 at 07:19 PM.