Page 1 of 2
LastLast

pet Rabid use timing

first sorry about my english.

I have a question about when to use the pet's rabid ability. Do u just make it auto cast or only use it when some powerful buff active, like bestial wrath, rapid shot, focus fire etc.?

Auto-cast as SV/MM

Turn off auto-cast and use this macro for BM:

#showtooltip Bestial Wrath
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast Rabid
    Wreckér
    BM Hunter Guide at Warcraft Academy

For non BM you could prolly be fine leaving it on auto cast

Deleted
    Depends, if a trinket is about to go off cooldown (like Assurance of Consequence) I delay it for a few seconds and use it when it procs. Same goes for other mechanics like Berserker stance on Nazgrim. But other than that I generally just use it on cooldown.

I use it on CD unless their is a reason not too. Like On Iron Jugg Heroic we move to the back of the room during the Barrage so if its about to come off CD as we get knocked back Save it for when we run back up. Simple things like that really.

I mean it just increases pet attack speed now, unlike before where it was attack power. It really is not a big deal at all. You will probably be fine macroing it into BW, as stated above. it is quite weak now, so don't expect any major dps gains from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Walajanilu View Post
    I mean it just increases pet attack speed now, unlike before where it was attack power. It really is not a big deal at all. You will probably be fine macroing it into BW, as stated above. it is quite weak now, so don't expect any major dps gains from it.
    IIRC it was actually a buff compared to the old Attack Power version. But they had to change it because LOLBURST with Stampede+BW+LR(Doing over 200k burst at 463 ilvl on our first MSV normal raid).

Are you saying that going from the Atp rabid to the new Haste rabid is a buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Walajanilu View Post
    Are you saying that going from the Atp rabid to the new Haste rabid is a buff?
    Yes it was an overall buff, but not by much(1-2k at ~465?). They had to just change it because of Lynx Rush, and even that wasn't enough and now we have this shitty Lynx Rush because of all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecker View Post
    Turn off auto-cast and use this macro for BM:

#showtooltip Bestial Wrath
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast Rabid
    Just no. Not at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Just no. Not at all.
    At least specify why you disagree with him?

Just no. Not at all.
    So are you going to expand on that as to why that macro shouldnt be used or did you purposely make such a pathetic response?

Quote Originally Posted by Fez View Post
    So are you going to expand on that as to why that macro shouldnt be used or did you purposely make such a pathetic response?
    BW CD: 1 Minute (without AoC)
    BW CD: 44 seconds (with Flex AoC)
    BW CD: 43 seconds (with normal AoC)
    BW CD: 40 seconds (with HC AOC)
    BW CD: 1 Minute (without HC AoC)

Rabid: 90 seconds

Only with Flex AoC(and LFR one obv.) you can get them to line up together, otherwise you might not press it on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    BW CD: 1 Minute (without AoC)
    BW CD: 44 seconds (with Flex AoC)
    BW CD: 43 seconds (with normal AoC)
    BW CD: 40 seconds (with HC AOC)
    BW CD: 1 Minute (without HC AoC)

Rabid: 90 seconds

Only with Flex AoC(and LFR one obv.) you can get them to line up together, otherwise you might not press it on CD.
    This, however macroing it in gives you 2 CDs on a single button, this will however require you're tracking it elsewhere Weak Auras, Need to know for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    This, however macroing it in gives you 2 CDs on a single button.
    That has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Deleted
    That has absolutely nothing to do with anything.
    Well aren't you a quirky mysterious being. I'm not even disagreeing with you, but for god sakes at least explain your reasoning instead of spouting negative snipes at people.

Explain what? That having 2 abilities on 1 button does nothing to improve your DPS? I don't think there is anything to explain.

Explain what? That having 2 abilities on 1 button does nothing to improve your DPS? I don't think there is anything to explain.
    Pretty sure I didnt say that, but ok, it gives you one less keybind.

Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    Pretty sure I didnt say that, but ok, it gives you one less keybind.
    Having it on auto-cast or macroed to your shots(ES/KC, AS, CS) is a better option...(I macro to shots FYI)

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason he can't explain is because he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about