Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I just keep mine on auto cast. I'm sure it doesn't make a huge difference. Plus it's just 1 less thing to focus about.

Ideally in best in slot gear with the CD reduction trinket for BM only it would be best to track the Rabid buff and Bestial Wrath individually and pop them together wherever possible while only delaying rabid by ~4s/5s or so in order to line them up a bit better.

Unfortunately I don't think the op was asking for the precise usage of the abilities to an in-depth degree or else he would have asked.

As a general rule this macro will still cause the most benefit under the most circumstances and in most gear-sets:

#showtooltip Bestial Wrath
    /cast Rabid
    /cast Bestial Wrath

(It's still best left to auto-cast as SV/MM)
    Wreckér
    BM Hunter Guide at Warcraft Academy

AoC has basically killed the point of lining a lot of cooldowns up. It just doesn't work anymore. Just smoke em when you got em - its been long known that delaying anything by more than 4-5 seconds is an overall DPS Loss.

Anything which means you lose a proc over the course of a fight

In Rabid's case you have 90s to play around with over the course of the encounter minus the time rabid is up for (20s) So 70s in total to play in order to use all the possible casts of rabid possible.

Over a 6 minute encounter you can therefore delay the use of rabid up to 50s worth of time:

pop on the pull at 0s
    90s
    180s
    270s
    360s end of fight and rabid comes off CD - Meaning you have 50s of time to play with and can delay rabid up to ~12s each time if needs be to get it to align better with a BW.

That's purely if you're aiming for #1 parses or stuff like that. Personally ceebs with that unless its a progression kill.
    Wreckér
    BM Hunter Guide at Warcraft Academy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Explain what? That having 2 abilities on 1 button does nothing to improve your DPS? I don't think there is anything to explain.
    Actually it does. Someone with appropriate macros set up will do more DPS than someone without. Simple as that. The efficiency they can provide when you construct them properly is immense and that directly converts into more DPS (and of course if you're not playing a hunter specifically, healing, control, etc as well).

Search for "Perfect Macros in WoW" for a video that can help you understand why.

Delaying Rabid for 30s because it's macroed to your BW is a bad idea. Better to leave it on autocast than macro it like that. End of story. If you have the trinket (AoC) to make them line up better, sure, maybe it's worth it, but that's a case-by-case basis, not a rule.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Explain what? That having 2 abilities on 1 button does nothing to improve your DPS? I don't think there is anything to explain.
    BW CD: 44 seconds (with Flex AoC)
    BW CD: 43 seconds (with normal AoC)
    BW CD: 40 seconds (with HC AOC)

With any AoC trinket, you should macro bestial wrath with Rabid!
    Without trinket it is different story!