Timewalker mode somewhat available

"Not taking credit for this, but I'll share to see if it can be explored more:

If you queue for a dungeon with 1 or more others and finish it, you can wait for other players to leave the dungeon, then leave your dungeon via the teleport button (1 person). That person enters a low level dungeon, then everyone else leaves the original dungeon via teleport. Finally, all group members click teleport to dungeon and everyone appears in the dungeon with spells, itemlevel, and stats scaled to the dungeon's intended level. My group did ubrs with 4 and it's clearly an unpolished feature, as some of our spells & procs were still 90 powered, but everything seemed to be scaled appropriately. The fact that we had epics definitely affected how good the gear was.

I would be interested in people exploring other dungeons & letting us know how it goes. Like which dungeons does it work in, what type gear did you wear, etc.?"

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a well documented bug, although I don't see what it has to with Timewalkers. It's just scaling, which has been around since Challenge Mode in 5.0.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefeng View Post
    This is a well documented bug, although I don't see what it has to with Timewalkers. It's just scaling, which has been around since Challenge Mode in 5.0.1.
    Someone in another thread on here who posted a video of this, said they had dug around in the data files and found a setting called Timewalker for dungeons, similar to how there are normal, heroic, and challenge now.

The idea people are working with is that scaling us down to old dungeon/raid levels is going to be done in-lore (such as how in Cata and MoP they explained some new Warlock spells / talents in-lore/game rather than just giving them to us)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does you gear scale down to a fixed item level, like a 450 and 580 item both scaling to 60, or something like 450 is 53 and 580 is 88?

Deleted
    Mind blown. Holy shit

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Does you gear scale down to a fixed item level, like a 450 and 580 item both scaling to 60, or something like 450 is 53 and 580 is 88?
    Everything goes down to same level, say 60.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I'm not sure about the whole "timewalker" setting, but scaling itself shouldn't be too much of a surprise. The tech is obviously in the game already, with challenge modes, proving grounds, and BG scaling. They just need to apply it to regular dungeons, which I can't imagine is too difficult unless they're doing something specifically tailored for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Everything goes down to same level, say 60.
    What about socket bonuses, as they are not part of ilvl budget, and not scaled down in challenge modes?

If they implemented scaling so that I could join my friends who are leveling with my max level character I would be super excited. I really don't like leveling but have plenty of friends who do.

Deleted
    there was a thread a day(s) ago where in stratholme your gear gets scaled to 49.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    What about socket bonuses, as they are not part of ilvl budget, and not scaled down in challenge modes?
    Easily addressed. They managed to find a way to scale everything else (gear, gems, enchants even).

My concern is abilities/talents. Even if those are scaled down, lower level stuff is (presumably) balanced around the actual amount of abilities you actually have at that level, and a lot of core max-level rotational abilities don't come into play until fairly late. And even Mastery as a stat itself that doesn't normally appear until, what, 70 or 80 ? And your armor specialization mastery (10% primary stat for wearing your highest-type of armor) ... those seem like trickier things to manage than socket bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    My concern is abilities/talents. Even if those are scaled down, lower level stuff is (presumably) balanced around the actual amount of abilities you actually have at that level, and a lot of core max-level rotational abilities don't come into play until fairly late.
    A few guildies and I tried this last night and it seemed like abilities that you gain automatically at levels higher than the level you're scaled down to don't work, but talents you gain at levels higher than what you're scaled down to do work. For instance, in Stratholme on my Shaman, I couldn't use Spirit Walk at all (level 60 ability) and I could click on Ascendance (level 87 ability) and it would go on cooldown, but it didn't actually do anything. However I could use Ancestral Guidance (level 75 talent) and it worked like normal, but scaled down of course.

Not sure about mastery to be honest since Enhance's is just a % damage buff, but it would be easy to test on something like a blood DK or holy priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    A few guildies and I tried this last night and it seemed like abilities that you gain automatically at levels higher than the level you're scaled down to don't work, but talents you gain at levels higher than what you're scaled down to do work. For instance, in Stratholme on my Shaman, I couldn't use Spirit Walk at all (level 60 ability) and I could click on Ascendance (level 87 ability) and it would go on cooldown, but it didn't actually do anything. However I could use Ancestral Guidance (level 75 talent) and it worked like normal, but scaled down of course.

Not sure about mastery to be honest since Enhance's is just a % damage buff, but it would be easy to test on something like a blood DK or holy priest.
    Interesting !

And as far as Mastery, did you try just checking your character sheet to see if it listed an amount on there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Someone in another thread on here who posted a video of this, said they had dug around in the data files and found a setting called Timewalker for dungeons, similar to how there are normal, heroic, and challenge now.

The idea people are working with is that scaling us down to old dungeon/raid levels is going to be done in-lore (such as how in Cata and MoP they explained some new Warlock spells / talents in-lore/game rather than just giving them to us)
    There are Timewalkers on the Timeless Isle and that lead people to suppose several things about next xpac.
    On the island the three wardens present themelves as a warden whose job is to protect Timewalkers, a weaver who specializes in chronomancy, the art of weaving time and know how to restaure time paths, and a watcher who is basically a scholar. Some people thought it was meant to announce the new class in the next xpac: the Timewalkers with Wardens as tanks, Weavers as healer and Watchrs as dps.
    It would be kinda strange, since there are already Timewalkers in WoW TCG and those Timewalkers have a class (like Timewalker Druid or Timewalker Mage), but, eh, why not?

As always, you can easily find in WoW hints on the fact that the Burning Legion is coming back, that we'll eventually deal with Emerald Dream, etc. Now there are also hints to more "time"-related content, but it's mainly speculations.

Anyway, concerning scaling down to run old dungeon/raid, a blue (GC?) has already said that it may be implemented eventually and with CMs/PGs the technology is here so it's not very surprising to find out that there is actually a WiP on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we might get a Ruby Sanctum style filler raid that has something to do with Timeless isle. Maybe Bronze Sanctum or something.

Deleted
    Didn't they specifically say there wouldn't be a ruby sanctum-like raid, and just some event patch of some sort ?

I tryed Strath and yes I know this one was confirmed already. It was very nostalgic and some of the most fun I have in wow this month even if its not finished or balanced. I can't wait for this to be a full feature in the game!!

My Girl friend wants me to level with her through dungeons... and I hate leveling alt.. This could be a fun way to run them with her while showing off my skills and transmog.

Things I did notice was Mastery worked and could buff mastery.. even though you do not get mastery until level 90 which this gave me 290% block chance and Bastion of Glory gave 1500% at 5 stacks. I was unable to use Ardent Defender, Guardian of Ancient King, Devotion Aura and Avenging Wrath due to I was to low of a level. There is a chance in the final version you will only be able to use abilities you would normally have access too.

Thunderfury and Val'anyr hammer and Legendary cloaks scaled down which was SUPER fun to use the weapons in level appropriate situation.
    http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps04de7f14.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps2987b1b7.jpg

O yea Another thing I noticed is that Gems are nerfed while in there. Something Challenge modes and proving grounds don't do.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps8f69eac6.jpg

There is no Loot on mobs so either it will have the same loot and just not added yet or blizzard is still looking for (or found and waiting to add) a new type of loot

Finally another exciting this is it almost allowed me to queue up to look for more to join me with with the strath... only thing is it said I was to high of a level. I wonder if timewalkers will be allowed to queue and if so if they can get in a group of actual low level players.
    http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps1c0cff01.jpg
    "Warriors make you sap, Paladins let you sap."

Quote Originally Posted by angelflavor View Post

O yea Another thing I noticed is that Gems are nerfed while in there. Something Challenge modes and proving grounds don't do.

I don't quite understand why people always seem amazed that this can downscale gems while challenge modes didn't. The games people use now are the same ones that were available during the start of the expansion, thus giving no edge to the player. The only advantage is the amount of sockets a gear has vs another but that is probably a bigger limitation (to remove a socket or cause all the sockets to allow a max amount) compared to downscaling it.

Quote Originally Posted by angelflavor View Post
    I tryed Strath and yes I know this one was confirmed already. It was very nostalgic and some of the most fun I have in wow this month even if its not finished or balanced. I can't wait for this to be a full feature in the game!!

My Girl friend wants me to level with her through dungeons... and I hate leveling alt.. This could be a fun way to run them with her while showing off my skills and transmog.

Things I did notice was Mastery worked and could buff mastery.. even though you do not get mastery until level 90 which this gave me 290% block chance and Bastion of Glory gave 1500% at 5 stacks. I was unable to use Ardent Defender, Guardian of Ancient King, Devotion Aura and Avenging Wrath due to I was to low of a level. There is a chance in the final version you will only be able to use abilities you would normally have access too.

Thunderfury and Val'anyr hammer and Legendary cloaks scaled down which was SUPER fun to use the weapons in level appropriate situation.
    http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps04de7f14.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps2987b1b7.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps8f69eac6.jpg

There is no Loot on mobs so either it will have the same loot and just not added yet or blizzard is still looking for (or found and waiting to add) a new type of loot

Finally another exciting this is it almost allowed me to queue up to look for more to join me with with the strath... only thing is it said I was to high of a level. I wonder if timewalkers will be allowed to queue and if so if they can get in a group of actual low level players.
    http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps1c0cff01.jpg
    It's nice to see you had fun. I'm wondering if you could wear lower than ilevel 43 gear in there and have it scale to 48? I mean, essentially have a set of gear that makes you less powerful.

I did this with a group of friends in Strath in a bunch of white gear with our high level trinkets/weapons. Enemies actually seriously hurt. Now, since healing spells & some spell procs are still op'd, we didn't wipe, but on Ramstein, right at the end, I died as a tank.

I hope they introduce spell scaling that's more in line with what a low level should be doing. Not any of this 3k dps at level 50 garbage.