Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

MMO-Champion competition only for USA players?

Did anyone else spot that the MMO-Champ competition on the front page right now is only open for US players?

"Due to Shipping times, this contest is restricted to North America."

Seems a bit suck to me

Any future competitions going to be exclusively EU only?
    Last edited by mmoc978ad45763; 2013-10-23 at 12:36 AM.

You know. Greenland, Mexico, and Canada are also countries in North America.

Anyway, there are country limitations and there will always be country limitations. Don't expect to be able to enter (m)any US contests from any company.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post

Nope......

Deleted
    Why did this get moved to Suggestions/feedback forum?

Its not offering and suggestions or feedback...

They seem to have issues with shipping atm (shipping costs too insane maybe?), all physical goods on the EU blizzstore are unavailable and have been for some time, I imagine the contest is alongside the same reasons.

Deleted
    Because EU players always get bumfucked in pretty much every game there is (not blaming the companies, it's probably legal bullshit most of the time, though, in many cases it's blatant disregard)? Don't log into the LoL forums and ask if they think EU is treated worse than the NA side :d.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    They seem to have issues with shipping atm (shipping costs too insane maybe?), all physical goods on the EU blizzstore are unavailable and have been for some time, I imagine the contest is alongside the same reasons.
    Cost doesn't really matter. I'd imagine it's due to legal matters.

Either way, I think the shipping deadline is an issue (hence the 24 hours to respond thing). I doubt it'd reach Europe from California in a good amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Blizzard imposed this limitation, not us.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Cost doesn't really matter. I'd imagine it's due to legal matters.

Either way, I think the shipping deadline is an issue (hence the 24 hours to respond thing). I doubt it'd reach Europe from California in a good amount of time.
    It can take a week to send a package from Germany to the UK, I can imagine a package sitting in transit for a good few weeks when being sent from California to Europe. Not including the amount of time it spends in Customs while they confiscate those fireworks (if that is what a "thunderstick" is).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You know. Greenland, Mexico, and Canada are also countries in North America.

Anyway, there are country limitations and there will always be country limitations. Don't expect to be able to enter (m)any US contests from any company.
    I'd think a few people in the Danish government system till protest that statement....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    It can take a week to send a package from Germany to the UK, I can imagine a package sitting in transit for a good few weeks when being sent from California to Europe. Not including the amount of time it spends in Customs while they confiscate those fireworks (if that is what a "thunderstick" is).
    The thundersticks are those blue things on the left side of the picture. You smack them together to make noise. They are usually used for sporting events.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I'd think a few people in the Danish government system till protest that statement....
    Greenland (Greenlandic: Kalaallit Nunaat [kaˈlaːɬit ˈnunaːt]) is an autonomous country within the Kingdom of Denmark, located between the Arctic and Atlantic Oceans, east of the Canadian Arctic Archipelago.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Greenland (Greenlandic: Kalaallit Nunaat [kaˈlaːɬit ˈnunaːt]) is an autonomous country within the Kingdom of Denmark, located between the Arctic and Atlantic Oceans, east of the Canadian Arctic Archipelago.
    True.. But they are still a part of Europe (but not EU)...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Laws are here to protect big companies and screw people.

Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    Laws are here to protect big companies and screw people.
    What the fuck are you even talking about?

Anyways, the contest is being done by Blizzard, not MMOchampion.

I guess they've restricted it to North America only because, in total, they're giving out 100 of them and I can see how shipping costs would get nanners when you try shipping 67 boxes of cheap junk to Eastern Asia.

15+ Year Old Account
    I imagine Blizzard imposed this limitation because they wouldn't be able to ship the items to anyone outside North America in time for Blizzcon, without having to pay an insane fee for first class international shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    True.. But they are still a part of Europe (but not EU)...
    Well Greenland is definitely a part of North America... but you may be correct for the purpose of this contest... Only one way to find out who is right.

Since you're already a Danish citizen, I propose you move to Greenland and attempt to participate in this contest!
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    I imagine Blizzard imposed this limitation because they wouldn't be able to ship the items to anyone outside North America in time for Blizzcon, without having to pay an insane fee for first class international shipping.
    In other words they are cheapskates..... .

I cant find a single law in EU that would prevent us for reciving something from contest.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    I expect it's something like this.

They wouldn't be able to guarantee delivery in time for Blizzcon.
    In reality, items posted from the US and Canada to Europe (to the UK and Netherlands, at least, in my experience) generally take about a week. Sometimes less. But that's not guaranteed by the postal services unless they pay through the nose for premium/first class delivery.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    The competition is hosted by Blizzard and they determined it was open for North American residents only. MMOC is not the only site partnered (through Curse) with Blizzard for the promotion. It's not our choice that it is NA only.