Poll: What is your favorite expansion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    The game now is great, but it's not as shiny, for one. Aside from that, with the Lich King, it felt like we were really working toward defeating an ever-present enemy. The situation felt dire.

While the game has improved on many things, ultimately what a good experience comes down to is how it makes us feel.

P.S. I enjoyed 25/10m seperate lockouts and loot.
    That's because he was always present reminding us of how dangerous he was.
    He was painted fantastically as someone who could show up on any battlefield across Northrend at whim and turn the tide within moments, and the only reason he wasn't wiping the floor with us is because he was sitting in his Citadel plotting something inexplicably worse.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Yes. Absolutely. Nothing.
    Then allow me.

I hated Gearscore, and I still hate it's direct descendant iLevel. They're artificial ways to split the playerbase between the "elite" and "non-elite." And PuGs still use them as a way to bar good players from entry, while rewarding the LFR afkers.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

BC crushed every other xpac, the only way I could see someone voting for something else is if they didn't play during BC.

Cata was horrific disgrace and mop was definitely better but still bad.

Wrath was a solid expansion, especially throughout naxx and ulduar, but did people really enjoy ToC? What about the year and a half of ICC??? Plus wrath introduced LFD which is the worst feature to date.
    Last edited by Zallex; 2013-10-23 at 11:05 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Yes. Absolutely. Nothing.
    It's fine when people say Wrath/BC/whatever was the best expansion in their opinion, I don't think they're just being nostalgic. But when people everything about wrath(or name another xpac) was 100% perfect and absolutely not one thing wrong with it and every other xpac was boring/trash etc ... then that's just plain nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Zallex View Post
    BC crushed every other xpac, the only way I could see someone voting for something else is if they didn't play during BC.

Cata was horrific disgrace and mop definitely better but still bad.

Wrath was solid expansion, especially throughout naxx and ulduar, but did people really enjoy ToC? What about the year and a half of ICC??? Plus wrath introduced LFD which is the worst feature to date.
    Dunno, my current character (which isn't even my oldest one) was created in June 2005, I've played every expansion except the latter tiers of MoP, and TBC is nowhere near my favourite expansion.

So I guess you're wrong when you say we can't not like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Then allow me.

I hated Gearscore, and I still hate it's direct descendant iLevel. They're artificial ways to split the playerbase between the "elite" and "non-elite." And PuGs still use them as a way to bar good players from entry, while rewarding the LFR afkers.
    Gear requirements haven't gone away. This is something you dislike about the community, not a specific expansion.

Cata was horrific disgrace and mop was definitely better but still bad.

Wrath was a solid expansion, especially throughout naxx and ulduar, but did people really enjoy ToC? What about the year and a half of ICC??? Plus wrath introduced LFD which is the worst feature to date.

I played in BC, Wrath was still superior IMO. Based on the community on my server, I had no idea ToC was disliked until I started reading MMO-C. Getting into a weekly PUG for ToC weekly was easy as there were tons of them every week up until Cata came out. LFG is the one thing for me that puts Wrath above BC. I will never miss advertising "LF Tank" forever in trade for a simple 5 man. That one feature alone puts Wrath over BC for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    It's fine when people say Wrath/BC/whatever was the best expansion in their opinion, I don't think they're just being nostalgic. But when people everything about wrath(or name another xpac) was 100% perfect and absolutely not one thing wrong with it and every other xpac was boring/trash etc ... then that's just plain nostalgia.
    I don't think every other expansion is trash. I liked them all. I will never dislike new content. I think Cataclysm is better than MoP, even. However there is a reason Wrath is consistently rated #1 and it's not nostalgia. Wrath was a winning expansion in every way.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-10-23 at 11:12 PM.

Both WotLK and TBC were nice tbh, both had their own things that made them amazing. WotLK introduced achies, which is sometthing i really like to go for, and wotlk came with heroic raiding

I remember back in Wotlk when every hated and complained about Wotlk. Good times

the only way I could see someone voting for something else is if they didn't play during BC.
    Yes because different opinions obviously don't exist. Jesus get over yourself.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    I remember back in Wotlk when every hated and complained about Wotlk. Good times
    "OMG Blizzard, naxx is the easiest raid ever, this game is being overrun by casuals now, BC was so much harder!!!"

"Blizzard, we cleared naxx10 no problem but uld is too hard for us, wtf blizz, youre making this game for the hardcore only now wtf"

"Omg blizzard, r u srs, a raid with only 1 room, no trash and a bad trailer, SO LAZY BLIZZARD and im forced to do the same raid FOUR TIMES a week"

I might be a little off but it was something like that. Don't get me wrong lol, wrath was really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Didn't I see this thread last month, that had thousands of votes?
    We have this thread every couple of weeks / months and every time Cataclysm is bottom, Wrath is top then MOP / TBC have a little scuffle in the middle. Generally mop beats TBC though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath, though I'm prob biased...

Also, for everyone that denies that people have always been complaining, I've got this rant that I've saved that was posted during TBC:

"naw, TBC ruined raiding. SSC atunement is a pain, and only other raids to do are kara, a 10 man that destoys guilds (another reason, so many guild breakups due to the resizing of raids.) and gruul/mag, which are walk in and kill, 1 hour encounters once you learn them. clear kara/gruul/mag on tuesday and wednesday and you have nothing to do for the rest of the week but stand in ogrimar. the new instances are incredibly short, and get old very fast (compare arcatraz, the longest tbc instance to scholo, or strat, or brd... 4 bosses vs 12 bosses in scholo, 13 or so bosses in strat (not counting postmaster/rare spawns), or the 12 hours you could spend clearing BRD heh, theres no comparison. walk in, clear a few pulls, boss, few pulls, boss, few pulls, boss, done. Not to mention epics drop so much from kara/gruul, theres no upgrades in instances or even heroics (or the few upgrades that there are, take so little time to get, anyone who really wants them has them), and rep is SOOOO much easier to grind out (4 months grinding argent dawn rep before BC got me barly into revered, 2 months in tbc not even grinding really got me exaulted all outlands), so it is very easy to run out of stuff to do."

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    "OMG Blizzard, naxx is the easiest raid ever, this game is being overrun by casuals now, BC was so much harder!!!"

"Blizzard, we cleared naxx10 no problem but uld is too hard for us, wtf blizz, youre making this game for the hardcore only now wtf"

"Omg blizzard, r u srs, a raid with only 1 room, no trash and a bad trailer, SO LAZY BLIZZARD and im forced to do the same raid FOUR TIMES a week"

I might be a little off but it was something like that. Don't get me wrong lol, wrath was really fun.
    spot on. its hilarious how people forget all the QQ over how hard and long Ulduar was. then a top guild goes in dressed in only blues to quiet the QQ'rs. but now, Ulduar is the best raid evar!!!!

same with TotC. now its the worst raid evar!!!! but during WotLK, it was pugged like nobody's business, even once ICC opened up.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath even though the gear looked so bland.

And don't get me started on the cartoon skulls that seemed to be on every piece of gear.

Hands down LK. Both in terms of gameplay (raids, rotations, specs, talents etc.) AND in terms of accessibility. Not only was it very easy to gear and get raid ready thoughout the expansion, something that cata AND MoP have absolutely failed to do, but rotations and other features of the game. Don't me wrong here. I really do like the features cata and mop put in, but they put it in at a cost of ease of accessibility. And I don't like that.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Then allow me.

I don't think its fair to blame WotLK for that, its still the community that made Gearscore, not Blizzard. Gearscore could've easily been made mid TBC or Cata aswell

I had most fun in TBC. But wotlk was the most complete expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Didn't I see this thread last month, that had thousands of votes?
    This is one of the most repeated unoriginal questions that is asked all the time.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rite+expansion
    This is just a few of them. Honestly I was most active during BC and Wrath although I think MOP has been more fun than either of those for me.

Best to worst: WOTLK -> Cataclysm -> BC -> pre-BC -> this.