Poll: What is your favorite expansion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

WotLK is my favorite expansion.

I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed Vanilla, a bit more than BC, and immensely more than both Cata and Pandaria. All the WoW expansions were good in their own rights and the features they provided (I love Transmogrification,Reforging, and Flex raiding). WotLK was just a super epic experience for me. When Cata dropped, I thought maybe it was just Nostalgia. Looking back though, it has always been my fave.

What is yours?

*Please don't spew hatred about other xpacks. Just tell me which is your favorite and what about it makes it so awesome for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow I'm surprised so many are going with Wrath. A couple years ago it was "BC!". Maybe most of those players quit already?

Lore wise, wrath was probably the best. Gameplay wise, I cannot say, they've all had a lot of awesome additions and such.

Didn't I see this thread last month, that had thousands of votes?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Didn't I see this thread last month, that had thousands of votes?
    Maybe, I don't know. I was on vacation. Who gives a fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra6 View Post
    Maybe, I don't know. I was on vacation. Who gives a fuck?
    Well repeated discussions really bring nothing to discuss, even more so when something was done not long ago. That and it gets posted every month.

Its my favorite expansion as well, and I explained it for like a 1000th times...

To put it short, it just has the best of everything. Well, maybe TBC wins with PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Well repeated discussions really bring nothing to discuss, even more so when something was done not long ago. That and it gets posted every month.

Or every week even.

OP, every week when this topic comes up, the consensus agrees with you. Wrath is the most loved expansion. /endthread

Anyone who doesn't vote for the current expansion is just being nostalgic.

/forum logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, I guess I missed the thread lately. At least I didn't post a poll asking what your favorite kind of hummus is or something.

Cool, I guess I missed the thread lately. At least I didn't post a poll asking what your favorite kind of hummus is or something.
    Roasted red pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

/forum logic
    And anyone who does vote for current expansion is just being a fanboy.

/other side of forum logic

Deleted
    Whilst there's nothing QUITE like World PVP pre TBC, because flying mounts had their way with that, the game has still improved, and whilst the Lich King is, Lore Wise, the best villain we'll probably ever have, I'm gonna say MoP is my favourite.
    The Lore is great, and there are plenty of new additions that the game was lacking before that are great in their own right, Pandaria itself is beautiful, it's had a great Story to it with a few underlying ones, we've dealt with multiple enemies who could, each on their own, be worthy of Expac final boss.
    Lei Shin and the Mogu could make for their own Expac with more Titan based Lore, the Mantid could with more of an Old God / Al-Aqir tinge, the Sha obviously could, Garrosh coming in and taking the reins as the big bad of the pack was great though, and I can't wait to see it continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

/forum logic
    I know you're being facetious, but some people actually think that. The thing is, I never made a complaint thread or hated anything about Wrath; not even ToC. On the other hand, other expansions burnt me out or brought something to the game that I didn't like.

I know you're being facetious, but some people actually think that. The thing is, I never made a complaint thread or hated anything about Wrath; not even ToC. On the other hand, other expansions burnt me out or brought something to the game that I didn't like.
    There was absolutely nothing about wrath you disliked? Everything about wrath was 100% perfect, not a single flaw, huh?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I liked a lot about Wrath. I had the most fun in Wrath.

Would I want to go back to Wrath? Would I want Wrath 2? Would I want an expansion that progresses like Wrath? Absolutely not.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC. Wrath admittedly had a (slightly) better narrative, but I came out of it disappointed.

The game now is great, but it's not as shiny, for one. Aside from that, with the Lich King, it felt like we were really working toward defeating an ever-present enemy. The situation felt dire.

While the game has improved on many things, ultimately what a good experience comes down to is how it makes us feel.

P.S. I enjoyed 25/10m seperate lockouts and loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    There was absolutely nothing about wrath you disliked? Everything about wrath was 100% perfect, not a single flaw, huh?
    Yes. Absolutely. Nothing.

Wotlk was crap except Ulduar. TBC all the way.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    The game now is great, but it's not as shiny, for one. Aside from that, with the Lich King, it felt like we were really working toward defeating an ever-present enemy. The situation felt dire.

While the game has improved on many things, ultimately what a good experience comes down to is how it makes us feel.

P.S. I enjoyed 25/10m seperate lockouts and loot.
    Dire is good, in small amounts at a time.

Blizz way overdid dire in Cata, every single enemy felt like you were losing the battle to stop the bomb from going off.

That's why they had to tone it back for MoP, they'd hit a point where it was too dire. Where dire wasn't a feeling, it was a joke.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)