Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    And transmog should work like this:

There's a vendor. He sells boxes. The boxes are like, "Tier 2 box". You click on the "Tier 2 box", and it asks you- "Hey, are you sure you want to store [item] here, it will lose all the mods?" And you click yes. And it asks that for EVERY tier 2 item you have. Now the box, on mouse over, says "Shoulders Helm Wrist Boots" or whatever. If you click it again, it creates those items, and is empty. Every click either deletes all the items and "stores" them in the box, or it deletes them. Each set is up to 8, so this things state is up to 8 bits- you could probably use the enchant ID for that or something. Anyway, now all your transmog gear is just a box. Of course, the transmog code has to cycle through your boxes to provide you with transmog options.

It could be done differently, of course. But this is a medium-strength solution to a maximum-strength problem. I was about to blow up my dragonsoul tier to make more room and I got ANGRY. I mean, it's heroic gear, that I worked for during progression. Why can't I just tick a fucking box and have it as transmoggable forever? Why does it have to take up pretend fucking space? "hoarding". Fuck you, pretend guy I'm arguing with, it's not hording. Do I "hoard" my achievement points? How come we can have more than 10k of those at at time? "Oops, capped on cheeves. Lemme go delete the ones I can get again easily enough in MC to try to holde my new cheeves for this raid tier..."

SAME DAMN THING

instead of adding more slots, they should just make it a vendor that you have to pay to put things into a 'xmog catalog.' the item is then deleted, but it will permanently appear in your xmog window choices. Suddenly, that 80 slots becomes infinite, just as long as you don't mind losing the physical item, and bank slots become a spot for all the stuff with sentimental/gold value that you want to keep.

Welp, I've spent hundreds if not over a thousand gold removing items from my void storage because I didn't realise you could mog directly from there.

More fool me, live and learn
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Now that you don't have to pull items back out to transmog, I absolutely love it in terms of storing transmog sets.
    So now there's just a deposit fee essentially?
    That doesn't make sense, it kind of defeats the "goal sink" purpose of it. While you're not suppose to "like" paying for things it's suppose to make gold more useful but most importantly play for it.

One idea I thought sounded pretty good was having all potential items available for storage but you'd have to find the item first to unlock it. And as for a gold sink the unlocks would cost a little gold as well. I think it'd be something great for completionists or collectors to do.

Quote Originally Posted by seije View Post
    instead of adding more slots, they should just make it a vendor that you have to pay to put things into a 'xmog catalog.' the item is then deleted, but it will permanently appear in your xmog window choices. Suddenly, that 80 slots becomes infinite, just as long as you don't mind losing the physical item, and bank slots become a spot for all the stuff with sentimental/gold value that you want to keep.
    Or this. This is great. I also get angry when I log into random other games and they have a system that I want so bad in WoW in some game I'll never play a hundredth as much.

Hopefully Blizzard cuts back on some vanity items. I'd also love to see bigger bags able to made easily. Not to take away a money maker from Tailors of course. They can still make a nice huge bag. But let them also make a big bag cheaply. Actually.... Screw it. Just let all bags be cheaply made. And huge. Blizz keeps saying they can't make the backpack bigger, just give massive bags and be done with it.

Got 28 bags in all bank + bag slots and atm at 20 empty slots.
    A lot of is just things for me that i don't want to delete (thrash blade, some of ZG sets, quest rewards), so now i'm sort of SOL whenever i get a new piece that i like how it looks, but i know that it's farmable.

I like how Rift handled Wardrobes. Great way to store armor sets and switch to them. I change my appearance almost daily. As for Warcraft they need to deal with storage. It's one of the reasons I stopped playing and paying.

I played since launch day and I have every tier up until MoP. I also have a lot of the old PvP sets including the level 60 ones I grinded away in WSG and AV back in the day for that oh so important PvP rank. With all the new novelty toys which I love that came in MoP and from previous stuff there is no room left. If Blizzard had a better system like Rifts wardrobe system a lot of gear would fit into it and it would be AWESOME to be able to change your appearance daily without going bankrupt.

Tabards... WHY IS THIS STILL AN ISSUE AFTER YEARS OF THEM SAYING WE ARE WORKING ON A SOLUTION. They are probably working on how can they implement this as a pay to use feature. If not then I don't understand how it takes 3 expansions and we still don't have a solution. This is Blizzard's problem. They don't try anymore. They are slow as hell and other games are now blowing them out of the water on such features.

The excuse it takes time is getting old. I remember in the Family and Friends Alpha of WotLK they were talking about new character models and working on them. We are now 1 (wotlk) 2 (cata) 3(MoP) 4(whatever next expansion that is almost here away) and still no new character models. Blizzard moves at a snails pace and other games are finally passing them by. As more players get tired of the sideshow pokemon and farmville in Warcraft they will move on to bigger and better games.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Yup that feature is pretty sweet, makes things alot easier. Now all we need is some more tabs to store even more stuff!
    Actually, could be a good way to fix the tabard problem. If you could just plop them in there and transmog their apperance directly onto your character.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I will agree it needs more space. Gold sinks are always good, plus I have over 26 sets now I have to keep room for (granted some might use same item for a slot), along with my nostalgia items and all the vanity items. Us collectors suffer too much....

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I'd love more void storage. I'm a moogle freak and my Vs is full and my bank is full of moogle gear.
    I am not sure you know what does word moogle stand for. Kupo!

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I was just reading a new blue post about how Repairs are an important and "helpful" gold sink, as well as other things like Void Storage. I'm here to laugh about how that could not be more wrong.

Now hear me out before flaming, because I actually love the idea of Void Storage, I just hate how they've implemented it. Yes, it was nice to give players more storage, and yes, it was smart to make it a tiny bit costly as a gold sink, but think about this: Of all the players reading this who have their Void Storage 100% filled, since they implemented Transmogging from your storage, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU WITHDRAWN AN ITEM OR DEPOSITED ONE INTO IT? I'm willing to bet a good 95% of you would say "not once".

And therein lies the problem. This feature that was meant for more storage only comes with 80 slots, and once you fill them, you can mog anything you want from there. There's no more gold sink past the initial cost and the deposit fee x80 because there's no more space and ZERO reason to withdraw from it now!

While GC said it wasn't meant to be endless, I don't see why this would be such a bad thing. People want to keep their cool-looking gear, or even their ugly ones, for transmog, nostalgia/memories, because you can't get it ever again, or because it has a special meaning. But for some unknown reason, it caps out at 80 slots, then it NEVER TOUCHED AGAIN because you can transmog directly from it, so what's the point of it in the first place if we just had 80 additional slots in our bank, except for a small initial fee/80 tiny deposit fees?

So I'd like to propose that the service should have a good 4 or 5 pages on it (giving you 320-400 slots). That makes it not infinite while seeming infinite in addition to providing more gold sink. We shouldn't have to vendor our gear if we don't want to just because of space issues.
    you misunderstood, the void storage is limited cuz blizzard is against peoples accumulating every piece of gear they even slighty like, for them you are supposed to chose 3-4 sets and some weapons then if you want to change one you just delete the old and put in the new. Repair, reforging, gemming, enchanting, etc are gold sink
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Yeah, most of my space is taken up by tier sets, annoying that they take up so much space.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'm still belly laughing about the OP on the official forums who complained that repair bills were excessive.
    Especially the part where he kept a cheap green dagger to swap out just before death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    I like how Rift handled Wardrobes. Great way to store armor sets and switch to them. I change my appearance almost daily. As for Warcraft they need to deal with storage. It's one of the reasons I stopped playing and paying.

I played since launch day and I have every tier up until MoP. I also have a lot of the old PvP sets including the level 60 ones I grinded away in WSG and AV back in the day for that oh so important PvP rank. With all the new novelty toys which I love that came in MoP and from previous stuff there is no room left. If Blizzard had a better system like Rifts wardrobe system a lot of gear would fit into it and it would be AWESOME to be able to change your appearance daily without going bankrupt.

Tabards... WHY IS THIS STILL AN ISSUE AFTER YEARS OF THEM SAYING WE ARE WORKING ON A SOLUTION. They are probably working on how can they implement this as a pay to use feature. If not then I don't understand how it takes 3 expansions and we still don't have a solution. This is Blizzard's problem. They don't try anymore. They are slow as hell and other games are now blowing them out of the water on such features.

The excuse it takes time is getting old. I remember in the Family and Friends Alpha of WotLK they were talking about new character models and working on them. We are now 1 (wotlk) 2 (cata) 3(MoP) 4(whatever next expansion that is almost here away) and still no new character models. Blizzard moves at a snails pace and other games are finally passing them by. As more players get tired of the sideshow pokemon and farmville in Warcraft they will move on to bigger and better games.
    I agree. A few of my friends played rift and they mentioned how mogging and bag storage was a little bit easier and more user friendly for people. TERA has a similar thing when it comes remodeling gear and such. You lose a piece of gear? No problem you can buy a template from the remodel vendor. Not the right color? Go ahead and dye the outfit. You have limited space but if you can't store all your gear in your bank or your personal bags, the templates aren't extremely hard to find or expensive.

Deleted
    That's one feature from EvE I'd like to see implemented in WoW, unlimited storing space. I would even consider collecting every item currently out there, just because :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    you misunderstood, the void storage is limited cuz blizzard is against peoples accumulating every piece of gear they even slighty like, for them you are supposed to chose 3-4 sets and some weapons then if you want to change one you just delete the old and put in the new. Repair, reforging, gemming, enchanting, etc are gold sink
    Some people are packrats and keep things for sentimental value. A new tier comes out, another set I want to add to my collection of gear and weapons.

If you think that gems are a gold sink, I have a neat little story for you. In Tera, all gear you get has gem slots. From the regular gray items to their version of epic weapons (orange colored so we can all feel legendary). But in each town there is a gem or crystal vendor. You buy different gems for your weapon and armor and eventually your earrings (picture our bracers and belts in terms of stats). You literally use the same gems you get at around level 10 until 20. Every few levels you get better gear and access to gems (gems are restricted based on level and armor level). You dont need to find a jewel crafter, you dont need to find several new gems when you get a new peice of gear. All you need to do is just take them out of your old gear and plop them into the new one.

Of course that comes with a cost. Each time you die, your gems have an increased chance of breaking and you would need to replace them.

Kinda confusing about how it would work in WoW. Just keep a few stacks of gems in your bags in case you die and your gems break. In before jewelcrafters and auction house big shots try to flame me. Just an interesting idea of how other games tackle the gold sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the transmog gear i like are in the void storage, i use them not as much as a normal person because that will cost me loads of gold, (friend of my pays 1000g a week because of changing his gear daily...) but i do take things out when i need to transmog my items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    While I do wonder that sometimes, MANY items I have (even TRINKETS) that I can't get rid of have some sentimental value to me, or it's something I can never get again even though it's worthless (such as the Heroic Algalon key or the Scepter of the Sands).

I don't see why I should be forced to throw items away, especially when I don't have immediate access to them because they're in the bank/VS.
    Because storage space is, and always has been, finite. Blizzard can't really do anything about that. They can give you more space, but they can't make it impossible to fill up.

I once calculated for fun how long it would take to fill up a dyson sphere with people. Turned out it's actually less time than humanity has existed for.

There's little to no thought; you put in things you know you will never equip for stats and that's it, because it removes all gems, modifications, tinkers, and enchants.
    Until you have 80 items in. Then you need to start thinking. That was his whole point.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'm still belly laughing about the OP on the official forums who complained that repair bills were excessive.
    They did the same thing when he was talking about loot.... and yet, several years later they implemented it!
    Think about it...... :-)

Not saying yes or not to his post or anything...... just saying that some people are way ahead of their time.