Thread: The Re-Binder

The Re-Binder

I have been thinking about this for a while. We got a Transmogger, and a Reforger, an Upgrader. What about a Re-binder? For some VP/CP/JP/HP/Gold, he can take soul bound gear and make it account bound.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    To be honest, I get where you're coming from with this idea, I really do. But it will be too easy to gear up alts, and people are already hating on how fast you can gear alts on the Timeless Isle. So I don't think this will be a good idea.

no, just no, this would make the world first race even dumber, 25man guilds wanting to run nearly infinite number of runs so everyone gets BiS gear because they've run it so much they've seen everything drop and can just make it BoA send it to say a rogue, bam ilvl 567 first week, bam 578 the 2nd week.

skill would be removed from the game because it'd just be time = gear, and with tons of gear it makes 90% of encounters a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    skill would be removed from the game because it'd just be time = gear, and with tons of gear it makes 90% of encounters a joke.
    Isn't it like this already, and was even more in the past?

OP has the point, and quite solid point. But issue comes from totally uninteresting economy in WoW (not much to look at on AH, not much useful to use gold on with gear being quite optional while leveling and most of max-level gear is BoP) and from dire RNGfest, which takes place in 5.4. Re-Binder could as well make gear BoE instead of BoA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Envyr View Post
    To be honest, I get where you're coming from with this idea, I really do. But it will be too easy to gear up alts, and people are already hating on how fast you can gear alts on the Timeless Isle. So I don't think this will be a good idea.
    496 gear from TI Isle is infinitely worse than grays in comparison to current gear. You need to pray to RNG and grind a lot to get properly itemized 535 piece of gear, which is still sub-mediocre. Gearing up became 100000 times worse than what it was before. TI is just an illusion.
    no, just no, this would make the world first race even dumber
    Who cares about it? People won't go to play to MMO because "It has world first races!" WFR isn't a feature and isn't an integral part of the game. Developers already ruined most of the game for the raidsake - just look at what leveling has become.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I have been thinking about this for a while. We got a Transmogger, and a Reforger, an Upgrader. What about a Re-binder? For some VP/CP/JP/HP/Gold, he can take soul bound gear and make it account bound.
    If it only worked on gear up to the previous expansion, AND was horrendously expensive, maybe. Say, 1000g to go from bound to BoE.

For example, you have a Sword of Wizardry that you would like to give to a different alt, or sell on the AH, but it's bound.

Or some piece of T3, or D2. Or whatever.

I personally like the thought behind the idea.
    I think nowadays wows should be based on the player and not the toon ihe is playing on at any given time.
    He/she invest time and effort playing the game and gets some kind of reward. If he wants to use that reward on another toon, well i think that is his/hers choice and should be made possible.

So changing everything from souldbound to accountbound sounds good to me.

I pay lots of gold to buy a bag off the AH.. and when i have the gold and buy a bigger bag (given that also all my bankslots have that bag already), i can't do anything else than vendor that bag for very cheap... while my alt can use it! I spend already that gold.. so give me the chance to have me use it, just on another toon.
    I don't see a problem here really.

time = gear, and with tons of gear it makes 90% of encounters a joke.
    That's exactly what it is now and always has been, in fact, that's all that mmo's are made around, time invested for rewards.

On topic, I don't think it's a good idea in that form, but a good concept, I think it would be better just to stick to how timeless isle works for BoA gear, I mean if you did it the other way, someone who needs no upgrades on character 1 in LFR and is overgeared for it, can go and run it every week and just send all the gear to character 2 without character 2 setting foot in the place, making you spend less time on your alt and thus lowering overall the time spent on alts and thus lowering said knowledge and skill of alt across the board, a knock on effect, whilst it seems minor, when you get a million people doing it...

Old content for transmog gear however, I'd be fine with that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Envyr View Post
    But the people hating on the Timeless Isle alt gearing are wrong and can safely be ignored so if they'd think this would be a bad idea the logically it follows that it would be a great idea.

- - - Updated - - -

no, just no, this would make the world first race even dumber, 25man guilds wanting to run nearly infinite number of runs so everyone gets BiS gear because they've run it so much they've seen everything drop and can just make it BoA send it to say a rogue, bam ilvl 567 first week, bam 578 the 2nd week.
    Whatever the world first guilds do or not do with a new feature should be completely ignored. They don't matter.