Thread: Weapon Choice

Deleted

Weapon Choice

Hello guys,

What is better? Two handed staff or 1 handed mace with off hand and why?

Thank you.

For.....

healing? Or DPS?

For Disc/Holy

2H Staff is better by a slight amount for Disc, more secondary stats (well, more Crit/mastery for Sha Staff)

For holy, MH/OH might be a bit better because of more SP but really, the difference is negligible.

Deleted
    Sorry my fault, i ment for DPS.

The choice depends more on the specific stats on the weapon. As long as you can get to 14873 haste and manage not to be drowned in hit/spirit, everything else can be handled by gemming / reforging.

Because of what Dierdre said, mh/oh combo is slightly favored due to the offhand int enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    Because of what Dierdre said, mh/oh combo is slightly favored due to the offhand int enchant.
    Very slightly, since staves have more secondary stats than MH+OH, that almost make up for the offhand enchant. Go for whatever gets you to 14873 haste without going over hit cap. Reforging out of hit/spirit is a bitch, even worse for us spacegoats.

the only good thing about offhands this tier is that the one off juggernaut has a yellow socket. the stat difference is pretty microscopic otherwise.

Deleted
    14873 haste?? i only have 6559 now, how should i be able to get to that number? .
    this is my armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Narroks/simple

I know i have alot to improve, but still i doubt i get to that number.

Quote Originally Posted by mistiq25 View Post
    14873 haste?? i only have 6559 now, how should i be able to get to that number? .
    this is my armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Narroks/simple

I know i have alot to improve, but still i doubt i get to that number.
    Lol, you have great disc gear.

Don't worry, you'll get there. Just gem/reforge EVERYTHING into haste and grab all the gear with haste you can until you reach 14873.

Deleted
    First: bad weapon in your bag is better than best in slot weapon on your wishlist.
    Second: try to play around with Ask Mr. Robot - load your current character, open second tab in your browser, load your current character and switch to that second weapon.

From what I have seen, assuming item level is equal and they have the same stats on them, main hand and offhand is better than a staff in basically every situation. The staff may have slightly higher base stats in some cases, but not enough to make up for the offhand enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    From what I have seen, assuming item level is equal and they have the same stats on them, main hand and offhand is better than a staff in basically every situation. The staff may have slightly higher base stats in some cases, but not enough to make up for the offhand enchant.
    Thing is, it takes A LOT of time and luck for you to get a staff and MH-OH with the exact same stats for you to actually have to make that choice. And even then, it's a ~100 dps difference, which has no meaningful impact over a boss fight "in basically every situation".

Min-maxing obsession without deeper understanding will more often than not result in greater losses. Stick to the basics:

- Play skillfully
    - Stay under hit cap
    - Get to haste breakpoint
    - Gem / enchant / reforge to ~1:1 crit-mastery (sim your toon for your optimal ratio)
    - THEN choose between staff / MH-OH

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    bad weapon in your bag is better than best in slot weapon on your wishlist.
    Spot on.
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2013-11-08 at 06:19 PM.

My weapon of choice?

Christopher Walken.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Deleted
    It's seems you're pretty low on haste with your equipped item level!

There is no real "BiS" Weapon .. take what improves you and is dropping! Do not wait on a specific weapon. If you have bad luck, you'll never see this dropping!

The first highest item level you can get your hands on. Don't be picky.

Ideally for tier 16 I'd just get the sha staff because of mastery/crit. Our offhands are not as good since we don't have a spirit/crit or mastery/crit.