Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Ask a priest: how much spirit do you need?

Disc priest says " 8k-10k tops"

Holy priest says " 16k-20k min"

Shadow priest says 5100 tops, depending on hit/exp.

Deleted
    Holy priest says not 1 point more than 13k. 11k minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc12 View Post
    Holy priest says not 1 point more than 13k. 11k minimum.

That priest must not have seen a heroic fight yet lol

disc: Im comfortable with 10-11k and that's quite comfortable where i have 0 worries about my mana.
    holy: 14k+ Its kind of hard to say where you want to stop getting spirit, depends a lot on the fight.

disci: 8k
    holy: 13k

8-9k disc, 13-14k holy

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc priest says 10k is comfortable, except on H Galakras and H Nazgrim, which needed 12k, and H Iron Juggernaut which needed 11k.

Lol, other specs. Gooby pls.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy depends much on fight and what stats they use. 11k min-14,5k max is good for my non-haste (easy to switch to Disc) build. While running high haste and mastery I wanted a couple of thousand spirit more.

Disc is much more static in mana usage imo if you play like the average, Atonment, PWS while meta or Rapture, occasional SS. Enough with 10k for any fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    That priest must not have seen a heroic fight yet lol
    Currently on hc spoils. Also rank 4 EU currently on norushen is highest rank. Most other fights rank in top 50.

I have done many of these fights in disc reforges with 10.5k spirit and it was still OK, just not ideal. I had to hold back a lot more.

Deleted
    It really depends on your setup, whether you try to use the minimum number of healers on the hc fights, and if your raid group is good at avoiding unnecessary damage.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do those numbers include Shaman or two feeding you Mana Tide? That matters quite a bit, actually.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy priest 13/14normal 25man, 14k spirit unbuffed and need spirit flask for 15,6k to feel comfortable on the last half of SoO

10+ Year Old Account
    I run about 10k as disc in 10 man without shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    10m. Disc. 6.2k spirit. Full normal clear with most figths 2 healing + immerseus H (3 heals but heavy PW:S spam) and mana was really fine (ps: no shammy)
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

I run 7.2 in 25H currently without an amp/Siegecrafter trinket. Our shaman runs low spirit and our Druid eats up 4 innervates per fight (that jerk). So I'm on my own to an extent.

When I go Holy, I'm more than happy with 12k but I run low haste holy (high mastery/ medium crit...err... lazy!).

15+ Year Old Account
    Having something like 17k spirit but I feel it's a bit too much after the mastery change (aka not mindlessly spamming PoHs on every group, even when full). That said I'm so used to it that whenever I try to go down I get oomed right away. Using Intellect flask now though instead of spirit.

Not sure how people are managing with under 8k spirit on the later normals and heroics, unless you just aren't using atonement during downtime.

I prefer around 10-12k as disc, but I use a lot of atonement. I track my meta proc and rapture properly and use mindbender on CD. Also have zero raid mana CDs aside from my own hymn. Currently not gemming any spirit and reforging crit > spirit > mastery.

Holy Priest running 12/14 HC 25 man. I would say about 14K - 16K is a solid amount of spirit. Still, spirit is a relative thing. If you have X amount of spirit and you find yourself still OOM, 2 options: Manage your mana better with less spamming or more spirit. If you find that you have X amount of spirit and you are ending fights with a lot of mana to spare you can reduce the amount of spirit you have. There is no X amount is the right number

I have been doing this for years and has served me well. I got some rank 1s and top 5s en ToT and have ranks 1 and 2 on some bosses in SoO.

I have never really had any mana problems
    Hope this information helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Not sure how people are managing with under 8k spirit on the later normals and heroics, unless you just aren't using atonement during downtime.

I prefer around 10-12k as disc, but I use a lot of atonement. I track my meta proc and rapture properly and use mindbender on CD. Also have zero raid mana CDs aside from my own hymn. Currently not gemming any spirit and reforging crit > spirit > mastery.
    Divine Aegis mostly.

I did struggle with 7.2 on Heroic Iron Juggernaut, but still managed to be 2nd in healing with no innervates, or MTT. I had to drink a potion of focus though.
    Last edited by Sillychan; 2013-10-24 at 03:42 PM. Reason: hahaha i wrote heroic iron qon xpac behind much?