Poll: Which countries would you invite?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I think you should do some research before making such bold claims, the US might provide the bulk of the funding, but the few dozen troops a year they provide do not do dick.

http://www.un.org/en/peacekeeping/co...13/sep13_2.pdf
    austria ahead of the US, nepal top 10, what is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you should do some research before making such bold claims, the US might provide the bulk of the funding, but the few dozen troops a year they provide do not do dick.

http://www.un.org/en/peacekeeping/co...13/sep13_2.pdf
    Right those are U.S. troops under UN I meant that the U.S. military has to get involved in much of the conflicts abroad. Some of which UN could very well handle itself.

This is what I was referring to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ry_deployments
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    How is this any different from the U.N. and NATO. They U.S. will always end up doing all the actual policing since Europeans prefer to argue amongst each other,instead of acting when they are needed to.
    And good ole US also has a part of its exterior police to deepen into our lack of "getting our collective shits together", as the Pentagon has already pointed out that a hypothetical EU army would be against the interests of the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    And good ole US also has a part of its exterior police to deepen into our lack of "getting our collective shits together", as the Pentagon has already pointed out that a hypothetical EU army would be against the interests of the US.
    Yeah I would like to see your source for that claim. I've heard quite the opposite like Germany trying to create a united european military for years but the rest of the nations don't want to fund it.

http://euobserver.com/defence/118226
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Yeah I would like to see your source for that claim. I've heard quite the opposite like Germany trying to create a united european military for years but the rest of the nations don't want to fund it.

http://euobserver.com/defence/118226
    The US can use a lot of types of pressures (diplomatic, commercial, economic...) on the EU countries that are more friendly to it, in order to make those attempts fail.

Source?
    Yes, strategic foreign policy doesn't change over time that much unless the circumstances vary radically.

NATO continues to provide the indispensable foundation for a stable security environment in Europe. Therefore, it is of fundamental importance to preserve NATO as the primary instrument of Western defense and security, as well as the channel for U.S. influence and participation in European security affairs. While the United States supports the goal of European integration, we must seek to prevent the emergence of European-only security arrangements which would undermine NATO, particularly the alliance's integrated command structure
    For the US it's essential that it's the US army that takes the role of world cop, because that allows the US army to fulfil it's most important task: to protect the interests of America outside of America (theoretically the most important task would be defending the US against foreign attack, but that's an absurd possibility).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    austria ahead of the US, nepal top 10, what is this?
    Welcome to the big welfare scheme that is the UN peacekeeping forces. Wealthy countries pay dirt poor countries to police even poorer countries, wealthy country send advisors but rarely get their hands dirty, as a result UN troops are usually poorly trained and poorly equipped.

15+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the big welfare scheme that is the UN peacekeeping forces. Wealthy countries pay dirt poor countries to police even poorer countries, wealthy country send advisors but rarely get their hands dirty, as a result UN troops are usually poorly trained and poorly equipped.

awesome, well yeah, you don´t want well trained personel, foremost not if they have to use guns and are in a foreign country
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Japan doesn't even have an army. They only have a small Self-Defense Force.

They also don't have power projection. The biggest they have is a helicopter destroyer, which is totally not an aircraft carrier.
    Oh, absolutely not. The 248.0 meter length and 27kt displacement (comparable to Spanish, Italian, and Indian carriers) is most certainly just for helicopters - that's it's been designed with the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter in mind is just, like, a total coincidence.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    Are those AK-47s?
    Are the magazines taped with duct tape? O.o

Deleted
    Are those AK-47s?
    Yup, now the American conspiracy theorists that think UN troops are going to come and take their guns sound even dafter don't they?

Topic title is a yes/no question; poll is mysteriously devoid of a "No" option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Yup, now the American conspiracy theorists that think UN troops are going to come and take their guns sound even dafter don't they?
    Yeah, nothing like the french and german UN occupation forces in "Liberality for all".

(The dude with the bionic arm is Sean Hannity XD)

Deleted
    Yeah, nothing like the french and german UN occupation forces in "Liberality for all".

(The dude with the bionic arm is Sean Hannity XD)
    The hell is that stuff?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    The hell is that stuff?
    From TvTropes:
    Liberality for All explores the possible events in a world where the winner of the United States' 2000 election is Al Gore, leading to the nation being completely controlled by liberal politicians. The result would be an Orwellian United States controlled by a world government United Nations where conservatives are hunted down and Osama Ben Laden plans to nuke New York City with a tactical nuke from Iraq (Iraq became a nuclear state; go figure). Eight issues were planned; it was canceled after three.

Basically one long super-conservative Author Tract which posits the idea that the UN and Democrats want to put terrorists in charge of the United States. And that only a superhero team made up of a Fox News talk show host and two conservative talk-radio hosts/convicted felons — all with Cyborg Artificial Limbs — can save us all.
    Last edited by mmoca165b6ca3d; 2013-10-24 at 03:20 PM.

How is this any different from the U.N. and NATO. They U.S. will always end up doing all the actual policing since Europeans prefer to argue amongst each other,instead of acting when they are needed to. We have left it up to them several times in the past and we always have to step in. Just look at the mess during the Baltic ethnic cleansings and Rwanda. No, this will never work unless there is 1 autonomous power that has command over the entire army and supersedes all other authorities and that would be way too dangerous. This isn't the Gundam universe where countries unite to fight a greater threat, unless we are invaded by aliens or a power like Nazi Germany rises again. We won't work together, there's not enough incentives for other nations to unite like this. Its shitty but its human nature.
    To be fair, countries India and Pakistan provide most of the peacekeeping forces for the United Nations. This is almost certainly because they are vying for seats on the Security Council, rather than anything else.

I hope this idea stays in your head, we don't need more warmongers in the world.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    But we're already part of a semi-secret evil cabal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AUSCANNZUKUS
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are those AK-47s?
    Atleast the guy on the left has the other magazine upside down for faster reloading. Looks cool and works aslong as you dont get shitloads of sand in it. Though the AK version ive used worked with sand and mud in it.

On the other hand (even though Finland isnt an option), no. I dont want to be ruled by a corporatistic and warmongering state.

- - - Updated - - -

derp, Finland was an option
    Last edited by Eläin; 2013-10-24 at 10:57 PM.