Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When are we getting Epic gems?

As the title says... When?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't Jewelcrafters already effectively have them?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Never. Why would they wait until the expansions.. literally over?

Why didn't we get them then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boottybounce View Post
    Because Blizzard don't want everyone rerolling JC for a tiny stat boost?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

usually epic gems are released/made after the general green/perfect/rare ones are released. the issue was that the rare gems already gave a LOT of stats, so they had to scale them back and at the same time didn't want to introduce basically the same gems but as epic(which would introduce the same stat imbalance as the earlier blue gems).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler said we won't be having Epic Gems after all, cause they would "scale stats off the charts".
    And it's true . Imagine all those items with 2-3 sockets with epic gems . We'd be talking about nerfs after that .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    The opposite would be true; JC would become less desirable as their JC only gems would have a diminished gain over the newer epic gems. The JC gems would have to be buffed to keep their gain in line with other professions (something that didn't happen with 4.3) and BS would gain more than other professions by having an additional 2 epic gems (proff. is balanced in terms of raw stat gain with 2 rare gems)
    Last edited by autopsy; 2013-10-24 at 02:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by autopsy View Post
    The opposite would be true; JC would become less desirable as their JC only gems would have a diminished gain over the newer epic gems. The JC gems would have to be buffed to keep their gain in line with other professions (something that didn't happen with 4.3) and BS would gain more than other professions by having an additional 2 epic gems (proff. is balanced in terms of raw stat gain with 2 rare gems)
    Indeed, BS would be buffed not JC, my mistake.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

In Cataclysm the opposite happened. JC was gimped in comparison to the other proffs after epic gems were introduced (vs other players with full epic gems).

Blizz couldn't find a way to balance it.

If they had buffed JC only gems then JC would have beem OP vs people with other professions who didn't have epic gems.

Blizzard actually chose to leave the JC only gems as they were upon the introduction of epic gems and this caused JC'ers to be at a stat disadvantage vs players with other professions who also had epic gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's VERY UNLIKELY we'll see epic gems again..

1: In Cata, the i troduction of epic gems, caused JC to become the worst profession, because the balance was omitted, which caused an outcry..
    2: In Cata, the gems were obtainable in the most retarded way, making them too rare, when they mattered, and irrellevant, when they were available in bulk.. That also caused an outcry..

All in all, if Blizzard want to implement epic gems in the future, they need to be in game from expansion start, to balance the stats and availability, which haven't happened in the past..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Not worth rebalancing professions over. I hope we never see them again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, JC has been half as many stats all expansion as something like Blacksmithing has. We've only got 320 bonus stats rather than 640.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Not worth rebalancing professions over. I hope we never see them again.
    I think that's part of it... I think another part of it is that epic gems are essentially a way to further boost player power while keeping the ilvl curve in tact. With the exponential gearing curve the way it is in Mists, are they really even necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Well, JC has been half as many stats all expansion as something like Blacksmithing has. We've only got 320 bonus stats rather than 640.
    Errr?

BS has two sockets for two 160-point gems = +320 points total.
    JC has two gems each with 160 more points than a normal gem in that slot would have = +320 points total.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Errr?

BS has two sockets for two 160-point gems = +320 points total.
    JC has two gems each with 160 more points than a normal gem in that slot would have = +320 points total.
    If you value secondary > primary stats for gemming then BS gives you 640, but this isnt "double" effectiveness because 1 haste =/= 1 int (example). 2 haste > 1 int though.

obviously spec dependent but I believe for a lot of specs BS is now top because of this. Basically no matter what blizzard does BS ends up top by end of expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    why we should

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope never again. I like my gold.
    In cata I havent used a single epic gem for this reason.

I don't like the idea of epic gems and it better stay out of the game and it probably will.

I was under the impression that they didn't do epic gems because we have the valor upgrade system now. The epic gems served as a way to make gear a little better then normal gems, but not massively better. Still worth getting in raid gear, but not completely necessary to compete. Now you have the valor 8 ilvl upgrades doing essentially the same thing, so there's no need to add in epic gems anymore.