Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW Classic Closed Beta - Level 40 and Arathi Basin Testing

WoW Classic Closed Beta - Level 40 and Arathi Basin Testing
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Later today, we will take the WoW Classic closed beta down for maintenance and we will increase the level cap from 30 to 40. This will allow testers to level up in zones such as Stranglethorn Vale, Desolace, and Arathi Highlands (among others).

To further assist testing efforts, we will reduce the cost to respec closed beta characters. The new cost will be charged in silver instead of gold, a 99% reduction in cost, and will only be applied to the beta test.

We’re also going to open Arathi Basin for limited testing in the closed beta. There will be no templates, so all characters will need to be level 20 or higher to participate. The test will begin on the afternoon of Thursday, June 6.

Please keep an eye on our known issues thread, as well as our growing list of reports we’ve confirmed are not bugs. Thank you for your continued efforts in testing WoW Classic!

P.S. Don’t forget to guard the farm.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    *Stares at Beta longingly* Let me in... LET ME IIIINNN!!

Influencers like this news.
    Players don't like this news.
    Last edited by Pulp5850; 2019-06-04 at 09:09 PM.

I'm sure the streamers will be really happy with this news.

... meanwhile me and a lot of other guildies are still waiting for an invite.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm sure the streamers will be really happy with this news.

... meanwhile me and a lot of other guildies are still waiting for an invite.
    Don't expect an invite. You and your guildies aren't the only ones wanting in, if they invited everyone who wants to be in, the servers wouldn't be stable. Just be patient for 2 months, and enjoy the content the streamers are providing, and if you don't like streamers then just wait 2 months.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

It's beta guys. Any levelling you do here you'll need to do again in just 2 months. Is it really that big a deal?

15+ Year Old Account
    Who else here In Beta Club?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wake me up when I get an invite otherwise cares take stage right :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

If you are expecting a beta invite, you aren't going to get one. There are so many people waiting and I doubt they really let many more people in. The stress tests are more than enough of what they need from people to load their servers up.

They really only invited streamers and a very random bunch of other people who have active subscriptions. I doubt they're gonna send anymore invites out. So honestly....there's no point in MMO-Champion reporting on this stuff. The vast majority of people who frequent the site will never see the beta.

I thought I wanted Beta invite for like 2 weeks, then thought Why? I don't want to do all that work and have it be lost in a few months.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They really only invited streamers and a very random bunch of other people who have active subscriptions. I doubt they're gonna send anymore invites out. So honestly....there's no point in MMO-Champion reporting on this stuff. The vast majority of people who frequent the site will never see the beta.
    That’s literally how every beta has worked.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    That is a silly thing to say. I'd like to know how far the beta is progressing. Its both interesting and good to know what aspects are being examined. You don't have to be invited to beta for it to be relevant. Plus it keeps the Classic community in continued anticipation and excitement

It's only a bad thing if one gets irrationally upset because you weren't chosen to be a tester.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really, really want to play beta, but honestly, in the end, I know I would enjoy live version longer, without any burnout. Longing is a proven method.

Majority who plays beta is not streamers, by far. Out of 3000 people in the beta, maybe 100 is streaming, I would bet less. It's the exposure what people see but not the other folks who just play and report.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Nice. Waiting for level 40 duel tournament. Level 30 tournament was more fun than any other streamed events.
    I watched it as well and got some kicks out of it while doing random stuff around the house. That tauren warrior that was always running on top of the duelists was a pain in the ass though. Hope he got banned for griefing.

I hope I don't get into the beta, I would be tempted to play and waste my already limited time on something that will be deleted in 2 months. I'll stick with random retail play and some MTG Arena in the meantime!

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I thought I wanted Beta invite for like 2 weeks, then thought Why? I don't want to do all that work and have it be lost in a few months.
    BFA is awesome man that 8.2 patch on PTR is so sweet i can't wait you should give that a try instead imo you won't regret it!

Hopefully they reduce the cost of re-spec substantially while leveling when it goes live, it is already not like OG Vanilla anyways and that would help a lot of people mess around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    BFA is awesome man that 8.2 patch on PTR is so sweet i can't wait you should give that a try instead imo you won't regret it!
    I've been dabbling a bit, but hate the class I chose waste my level boost on this xpac, also I let a friend talk me into swapping to Alliance also so I have a server with all my horde characters just sitting at lvl 100-110 just don't want to level through the shit BFA quest zones again. So I am stuck with a Monk I am not really into on the Faction I don't like to play and just have nothing that interests me ATM, Ill probably end up un subbing again until Classic.

Talk about FOMO in this forum.

Why all this talk about only streamers getting an invite? Nonsense... Got an invite 1 day after beta-release, and I've never streamed anything. All the people I've met in beta aren't streamers, most of them are playing since vanilla (like me), so maybe that's the reason.