Thread: Candy Box 2

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Candy Box 2

Here it comes. Today it will be released. Candy Box 2. Another sort of idle game, but who knows? The first also had gameplay.

So, because no one knows what exactly might await us, here is the link. Let's produce some candies:

http://candybox2.net/

the first one was good, let's see how the second one is
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember this game, it was the first idle game I started. Was quite some fun, never did get passed one of the later levels though (the level where you have to avoid a lot of those thingies) even though I believe had like 2-3k hp.

Edit: Release in 3 minutes lol

10+ Year Old Account
    And it's there!

Edit: Super RPG is best RPG.
    Last edited by Marston; 2013-10-24 at 08:37 AM.

Deleted
    Well it is not a clicking game as are Clicking Bad and Cookie Clicker. This is mainly just wait for that 1 candy per second to come up to a high enough number to acctually do something ( right now i trew away of 2 k candy >.> )

10+ Year Old Account
    What? This game is amazing. It has so much to do actually. After you finished the Rat Cellar in the Town you can reacht he world map. And you can do SO MUCH MORE than in the first game.

Deleted
    I did not play the 1st game ^^ but a question. If you die does it reset the game or are you just "teleported" back to town or something?

Also i am at 3730 candys thrown away and the dude is still eating the giant candys in the secret cellar

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    What? This game is amazing. It has so much to do actually. After you finished the Rat Cellar in the Town you can reacht he world map. And you can do SO MUCH MORE than in the first game.
    The Ghouls in the first game turned me off, especially in the Hell level. Just an instant -50% HP, and there was a steady stream of them that outlasted an Invincibility pot or a summon imp.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natova View Post
    I did not play the 1st game ^^ but a question. If you die does it reset the game or are you just "teleported" back to town or something?

Also i am at 3730 candys thrown away and the dude is still eating the giant candys in the secret cellar
    You get teleported back. You of course loose everything you used or gained from mobs during the quest (if you found something, that is).

Has anyone managed to beat the Castle Entrance? Or found a Pogo Stick? xD

Deleted
    No all i found was a candy in a locked box in the abandoned house (i have not yet been thrue the forrest yet). I have trown away 5 k candy And i am still waiting for the dude to finnish eating the giant candys

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure nothing will change there anymore. The first game ended at 100 Candies thrown away. I would try something different.

Also, Super RPG. I am not able to kill the dragon, whatever I try. D:

Deleted
    Yeah i stopped doing that. I am killing camels now to get some gear.

Finally, lunchbreak (kinda).
    Time to go to the map.

oh I hate you so much right now, I was planning on an early nights sleep... NOPE.... time to play this one to death as well....

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty much stuck at the moment. I can go to the developer, who kills me. I can go into hell, were I die because I need a Pogo Stick (and no idea were to find that). I also can't open a few chests because of the missing Pogo Stick. I have no vlue how to solve the Lighthouse riddle. I also don't know what to do in the dark room. And I can't beat the "Super RPG" Dragon.

Has anyone been able to beat/solve any of this? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    I am pretty much stuck at the moment. I can go to the developer, who kills me. I can go into hell, were I die because I need a Pogo Stick (and no idea were to find that). I also can't open a few chests because of the missing Pogo Stick. I have no vlue how to solve the Lighthouse riddle. I also don't know what to do in the dark room. And I can't beat the "Super RPG" Dragon.

Has anyone been able to beat/solve any of this? xD
    Pogo stick: Pogo stick is in the mountains, click * there to get it

anyone solved the lighthouse puzzle yet? I completed the whole puzzle tileset but I'm freaking lost on what to do next
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, thank you. I didn't even see that. Progress, here I come!

Managed to solve the lighthouse puzzle (shit was hard):
    you basically need to figure out what each marking does, then you can mess around with the canvas as much as you want:
    V
    --> means moving the entire row beneath

< T
    l means moving the entire column to the left

<3 <3 means refilling ### (each # gives you one click)
    T means build one tile up
    > means build one tile right
    < means build one tile left
    V means build one tile down

The goal is to get the <3 <3 tile under the ? ? tile and then click the <3 <3 to fill the ? ? tile with # # :P
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

10+ Year Old Account
    I also solved it now. And yeah, that was pretty hard, even after understanding what each tile does.

I still have no idea what to do with the dark room and the two other rooms in the castle. Also, holy fuck @ Desert Fortress. And that damn dragon from Super RPG is still alive... xD

Deleted
    Did anyone awser the questions of the squirrel? I have no idea what the awnser is to number 3.