Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Flying in the next expansion should VERY expensive

First of all, I personally love flying mounts in WoW but I think flying at max level is too easily obtainable. Do you remember days back in TBC? You had do farm your gold FOR MONTHS to learn flying (EDIT: I meant 280% speed flying) and to buy your first mount. And yeah, when you've finally bought it, you felt like you achieved something big. And now in MoP all you have to do is to get your character to 90th level, and then buy "flying in pandaria" for a very cheap price. That's not how it should work.
    So here's my idea:

Let's say, there will be a lot of factions in the next expansion (just like in MoP). To raise your reputation with those factions of course you would have to do dailies or events (like in BF: Barrens or Timeless Isle). But those activities would also provide something like timeless coins. And to learn flying in the continent that will be added in the next expansion, you would have to pay a lot of those timeless coins. I mean really... A LOT. A grind would take maybe around few months but then you would again feel that you've achieved something - after all this hard work, now you can fly on your mount on the new continent.

And the reason why I think flying should be avalaible for currency similiar to timeless coins is because nowadays there is a lot of rich people in WoW so if flying would cost for example 50k gold, it wouldn't be any problem for rich people to buy it so instead they would have to do content and buy it for currency like timeless coins.

Discuss this idea.

I've also made the same topic on the official WoW forums, so if you like this idea, also post there so maybe someone from Blizzard will see it: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...44394?page=1#0

EDIT: It looks like flying in the next expansion is going to be delayed until first major patch - 6.1 and it's going to be obtained after a long chain of quests. Thanks Blizzard for learning from your mistakes!
    Last edited by mmocfee4aa7b34; 2013-11-17 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    You had do farm your gold FOR MONTHS to learn flying and to buy your first mount.
    No I don't remember that I had 1000 gold when I hit 70 and got a flyer.

50k flying? That better be account wide 500k for 10 toons to fly yea no.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they did that, I probably would either just stop playing completely, or, at the most, sit in the city with nothing to do. I don't have the time, nor the willpower to grind reputations. Valor is bad enough; I don't need 300 other currencies to grind at the same time. I've been playing far too long to deal with crap like that again.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol almost everyone I knew back in TBC had the gold for flying as they dinged, or very soon after, Myself, I had the gold by around level 65 which was good being a druid ofcourse, as I could fly before the rest of the chumps

But anyway, I think it's a terrible idea, I see no valid reason to do this, I see alot of people in game at level 90 that haven't got Panda flying, So I think it's just fine.

so you want people to be forced to do dailies and daily like activities to be able to fly?

yeah, look at all the dumb people who bitched about dailies this expansion when they werent even required, make something as big as flying actually required and people will flip their shit.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    More grinding to fly? No thanks. They shouldn't make it a big grind to unlock flying. If they want that they just shouldn't have implemented it in the first place.

I didn't even buy Pandaria flying on most of my characters since it was useless in any content beyond 5.1.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2013-10-24 at 08:46 AM.

In BC, buying your flying mount was a milestone. These days, it's just part of the leveling experience.

Players are already used to flying. Taking it away at this point in the game or hiding it behind your suggested grind is absurd.

Your idea is terrible.

It's true the first 1k wasn't too hard (I had to farm due to having got paladin mount personally), but you also only got 60% speed iirc. It made the convenience of flying mounts compete vs the efficiency of ground mounts, until you got 280%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Lol almost everyone I knew back in TBC had the gold for flying as they dinged, or very soon after, Myself, I had the gold by around level 65 which was good being a druid ofcourse, as I could fly before the rest of the chumps
    Being a druid, you mean all 2 gold flying cost?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since gold capped on 3 characters, I don't give a fuck.

But making flying expensive is annoying and adds no gameplay value, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Vouksh89 View Post
    If they did that, I probably would either just stop playing completely, or, at the most, sit in the city with nothing to do. I don't have the time, nor the willpower to grind reputations. Valor is bad enough; I don't need 300 other currencies to grind at the same time. I've been playing far too long to deal with crap like that again.
    Yup, I agree with this. I'd never leave a city if they did that. Honestly, I very rarely if ever leave cities anyway since I can queue BGs/Arenas from there and just get summoned to my raids. But yeah, I have no desire to grind for months to get flying in the next expansion. I got it no problem in BC, because gold is easy to make. Make it 50k gold, no problem. It's a problem when it requires rep grinding and dailies. That isn't a game, that's a job.

The less flying the better.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let it either be there or not, no dailys and no 50k cost. Just 1-5k gold.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If flying would cost 50k it better be not required for anything. But I still don't want it to cost so much. I have dozens of flying mounts but not huge amounts of gold and I want to use my fancy mounts.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad you don't work for them OP because that would be horrible -.-

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I never was rich on 60, so took me around few weeks or so to get the very first flying mount, which was not an epic fast one but a slow blue wyvern. As for when i had the money for the max speed, i have no idea. I got it probably in two months maybe?
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boblet View Post
    Uh, no? I was able to buy my basic flying as soon as I hit 70. Epic flying certainly didn't take MONTHS of farming either. Maybe a month if you weren't heavily invested in doing it.
    Indeed took me like two weeks of skinning to get epic flying.. because i kept wasting my gold on boe epix

That could work if it was a new feature, but what you propose is taking away something we already have and placing it behind a horrible gating mechanism, for no good reason at all. It's gated behind max level and a little gold to make sure you can't fly during leveling, not to make you feel happy or accomplished when you get flying back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Do you remember days back in TBC? You had do farm your gold FOR MONTHS to learn flying and to buy your first mount. And yeah, when you've finally bought it, you felt like you achieved something big. And now in MoP all you have to do is to get your character to 90th level, and then buy "flying in pandaria" for a very cheap price. That's not how it should work.
    Yeah let's give free epics to everyone but you have to farm MONTHS to learn flying... sorry I don't see this it would only make the game worse, people rage and lose subs.

back in vanilla days everything was harder to obtain not just the flying skill, all has changed, face it.

Just put it as a reward after a 3-4 month long quest chain where you also have to spent about 25k gold give or take. So no dedication to finishing the 4 month quest chain no flying for you.