Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    no because pets have made me poor for the first time in all of wow >.<

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    What I would do, to make everyone happy, is buff ground mounts:

    • Faster riding when you ride along roads.
    • A new ground mount riding skill level.
    • Cool stuff you can't see from the air.
    Those are actually good ideas.

    Some people say "If you don't want flying mounts - don't use them." It's not that simple. Give me a ground mount that increases speed by 280% (even if the riding animation would look silly) because right now I'm forced to use flying mounts to get everywhere faster.

  3. #123
    Field Marshal TJkroz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    This is an interesting idea!
    Interesting on paper, but in practice? Here's a fun test: login, port/hearth/w.e, go outside, mount up on a flying mount, then fly about 10 to 20 yards off the ground. You likely have 310% flight, and with pallys and dks it's even more. I'm serious, if you don't remember what it's like to fly very close to the ground, go and try it.

    Now, it may depend on how good your mouse is, or latency, etc. ; it should be awkward as you go so fast. That's about as fast as you would go on the ground, if Blizz took away flying and buffed ground mount speed. Try doing this where there are a lot of mobs, while looking for min/herb nodes for example, and depending on latency or your video card you will either have a tricky time getting the resource or it will be downright impossible.

    If you have ever played on a private server and had the ability to change your speed, you might now how impossible it is to do anything when your ground speed is >500%. You can't stop on a dime, in fact it's like trying to stop a semi. So there isn't much room for increased ground mount speed. Blizz would most likely have to refund all of us for our flight speeds we bought previously and make ground mounts cap at 150% next xpac, and then only increase it each following one by no more than 100%. I guess that would make your plan work, as there wouldn't likely be more than 2 xpacs with this feature. Wow would probably die in < 3 years.

  4. #124
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    First of all, I personally love flying mounts in WoW but I think flying at max level is too easily obtainable. Do you remember days back in TBC? You had do farm your gold FOR MONTHS to learn flying (EDIT: I meant 280% speed flying) and to buy your first mount. And yeah, when you've finally bought it, you felt like you achieved something big. And now in MoP all you have to do is to get your character to 90th level, and then buy "flying in pandaria" for a very cheap price. That's not how it should work.
    So here's my idea:

    Let's say, there will be a lot of factions in the next expansion (just like in MoP). To raise your reputation with those factions of course you would have to do dailies or events (like in BF: Barrens or Timeless Isle). But those activities would also provide something like timeless coins. And to learn flying in the continent that will be added in the next expansion, you would have to pay a lot of those timeless coins. I mean really... A LOT. A grind would take maybe around few months but then you would again feel that you've achieved something - after all this hard work, now you can fly on your mount on the new continent.

    And the reason why I think flying should be avalaible for currency similiar to timeless coins is because nowadays there is a lot of rich people in WoW so if flying would cost for example 50k gold, it wouldn't be any problem for rich people to buy it so instead they would have to do content and buy it for currency like timeless coins.

    Discuss this idea.

    I've also made the same topic on the official WoW forums, so if you like this idea, also post there so maybe someone from Blizzard will see it: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...44394?page=1#0
    That's one of the silliest things I've read on here. Earning the ability to fly is not an accomplishment. Gold grind is not a focal point of WoW. None of what you wrote makes sense. 50K per toon? Are you insane?

  5. #125
    Herald of the Titans Puffler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,727
    Took me like 3 weeks to get my 5k gold in tbc and i was one lazy bastard, so i disagree with this completely.
    Diablo 3 - Wizard - Demon Hunter
    Dota 2 Rampage # 1 # 2 # 3
    Mario Kart 8 - Online Rank : 4257
    Death Knight

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    No I don't remember that I had 1000 gold when I hit 70 and got a flyer.

    50k flying? That better be account wide 500k for 10 toons to fly yea no.
    You had 1k gold for a flyer that flew slower than your ground mount. Get your facts a little straighter please.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That is not silly, it is
    - you reading what you want to read
    - different crowd of people.

    And this is where you don't seem to get it: If you think you have a great idea, it must work with a great amount of people, not just appeal to people who are like you.

    And, yeah..you as the one with the idea should be able to stomach critcism and be able to defend your statements with proper arguments. So far I don't see the benefits in your idea other than "Oh yeah..you will feel as accomplished as in vanilla". Which you just cannot judge what it takes for others to feel accomplishment.

    We had that time of grinding our money for mounts. I played since day 1. Why the hell do you want me to re-grind that shit every x-pac? In fact, as a veteran I rather have the riding skill on my alts from lv 1! Flying at 20!

    I walked to 40 on 8 characters. I walked to 20 on the other 3. Enough.
    Except when the critics have no clue what they are talking about? People keep claiming they got their 280 at 70 and the OP is clueless when they are in fact clueless because all they got right at 70 was their slower than dirt flyer.

  7. #127
    Epic! Fullmetal89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Between the Spiral and Anti-Spiral dimensions.
    Posts
    1,526
    Why the hell would you force a boring grind on people for something they have owned since level 60. No its completely stupid and selfish, just because you feel like flying should be a "reward" doesn't mean everyone else should be force to work for something they already unlocked. When you hit max level it should cost a relative amount but nothing ridiculous; flying is essential for farming and getting around the world once you hit max. Making it very difficult for the majority of people would only cause needless frustration and whining on the forums. By the way this is coming from someone who has been playing since vanilla and has farmed epic riding on every expansion on several character. I've never had a money issue but I find your idea to be detrimental and unfair for other people.
    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
    -
    Issac Asimov, Foundation.

    Pokémon Safari: Rock Type (Magcargo/Barbaracle/Dwebble).
    FC: 0447-5673-4977
    MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Fullmetal89

  8. #128
    This is the WoW community. You'd have far more success requesting that flying be implemented at level 1, cost 3 silver, and kick the speed up to about 400%.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This is the WoW community. You'd have far more success requesting that flying be implemented at level 1, cost 3 silver, and kick the speed up to about 400%.
    Stuff like that gets beaten into the ground as well.
    You're right except for 2 things.

    1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

  10. #130
    No way. Yet another very boring grind fest. 50k is way too much for basic player. They just don't have that much gold, raiders need to buy flasks, potions and sometimes enchants on top of repairs and what ever else.

    If you have easy time getting the 50k gold i would say you are in the small minority. Except the two other guys, everyone i know in the game is struggling with the gold and those two i mentioned? They bought gold.
    It was a beautiful summer day, and Virtanen and Lahtinen were in a little rowboat in the middle of a lake, fishing. Two hours passed, both men sitting quietly, and then Lahtinen said "Nice weather today." Virtanen grunted and stared intently at his fishing rod. Two more hours passed. Lahtinen said, "Gee, the fish aren't biting today." Virtanen shot back: "That's because you talk too much."

  11. #131
    Brewmaster Zerkked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,285
    What this post is really about: Person with a lot of money doesn't Care.
    A dumb idea. What about the people who don't sit on a stack of cash?

  12. #132
    Well gold is pretty easy to get nowadays, what with Troves of the Thunder King, dailies, quests, dungeon running, etc.. Wisdom of the Four Winds is 2500, so what would Expansion V's price be if there was another flying thing to be had? 5000? It's still a little hard to get, and depending if it was a whole new world/continent to explore, I'd still suggest waiting until max level for eligibility. Besides, what do you think is "very expensive" in terms of appeasing the Riding trainer's many debts to the people he owes money to?

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    You had 1k gold for a flyer that flew slower than your ground mount. Get your facts a little straighter please.
    Slower or not, it allowed you to avoid the world and everything in it. Once you had your flying mount, slow or not, you didn't use anything else because there was no reason to.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Those are actually good ideas.

    Some people say "If you don't want flying mounts - don't use them." It's not that simple. Give me a ground mount that increases speed by 280% (even if the riding animation would look silly) because right now I'm forced to use flying mounts to get everywhere faster.
    Did the idea of use your flying mount on the ground never got you???? I mean if all these BS are due the ground speed?????? or the OP is crying baby that love the old PVP feeling???? if that's your problem just L2P the WOW as it is now not as you wish it should be.......50K for a flying mount?????? that's ridiculous stupid..

  15. #135
    Dreadlord Outofmana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    876
    It's too late for that, too many WoW bilionaries around these days so you cannot really pick a fair amount of gold it should cost. The 5k (was it?) in TBC for the epic flying mount did need a huge amount of farming by almost everyone, these days 500k would still allow many to simply buy it right away.

  16. #136
    Immortal Gheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    First of all, I personally love flying mounts in WoW but I think flying at max level is too easily obtainable. Do you remember days back in TBC? You had do farm your gold FOR MONTHS to learn flying (EDIT: I meant 280% speed flying) and to buy your first mount. And yeah, when you've finally bought it, you felt like you achieved something big. And now in MoP all you have to do is to get your character to 90th level, and then buy "flying in pandaria" for a very cheap price. That's not how it should work.
    So here's my idea:

    Let's say, there will be a lot of factions in the next expansion (just like in MoP). To raise your reputation with those factions of course you would have to do dailies or events (like in BF: Barrens or Timeless Isle). But those activities would also provide something like timeless coins. And to learn flying in the continent that will be added in the next expansion, you would have to pay a lot of those timeless coins. I mean really... A LOT. A grind would take maybe around few months but then you would again feel that you've achieved something - after all this hard work, now you can fly on your mount on the new continent.

    And the reason why I think flying should be avalaible for currency similiar to timeless coins is because nowadays there is a lot of rich people in WoW so if flying would cost for example 50k gold, it wouldn't be any problem for rich people to buy it so instead they would have to do content and buy it for currency like timeless coins.

    Discuss this idea.

    I've also made the same topic on the official WoW forums, so if you like this idea, also post there so maybe someone from Blizzard will see it: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...44394?page=1#0
    LOL. I grinded Zaxxxis guys for prison keys, auctioned the cloth, got the loots from the prison keys. The whole process took a couple of days. Adjusted to inflation that was an absurd amount of gold though. Blizzard should never cater to people like you. Being forced to do some monotonous, understimulating grind just because you seem to remember a good old day that you probably weren't even there for. I've paid for my flying skill many times already. I'm sick of paying for it again and again. No matter how small the amount is.

  17. #137
    The Lightbringer Moon Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    First of all, I personally love flying mounts in WoW but I think flying at max level is too easily obtainable. Do you remember days back in TBC? You had do farm your gold FOR MONTHS to learn flying (EDIT: I meant 280% speed flying) and to buy your first mount.
    Months? It took me 2 weeks and I had it on 4 toons. What took months was trying to get groups together with random people to do the quests on my druid to get swift flight form *after* getting the flight training.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.

  18. #138

  19. #139
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    11,815
    Yes, let's create financial disparity for a fundamental aspect of the game. That's a brilliant idea.

    Really like other people have mentioned they need to just buff ground mounts to add incentive for people to use them. Increase their speed to be better than flying, make it so you are unable to be dazed by mobs on them, unique buffs or achievements with them, etc. There's a lot of things they could do.

    Simply increasing cost of flying? Probably the worst band aid ever for something that really is a preferential problem.
    BAD WOLF

  20. #140
    Immortal Gheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,953
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This is the WoW community. You'd have far more success requesting that flying be implemented at level 1, cost 3 silver, and kick the speed up to about 400%.
    I support that idea completely.

    I mean honestly. Back in 1999, simply travelling in an online game was cool.

    It's almost 2014. Nothing about being on an MMO is new. Everybody outside of an RP server has auto-run enabled. Travelling as an arbitrary time-sink is just absurd and doesn't make the game any more interesting or immersive.

    Maybe not flying at level 1 and 400%; but if they announced tomorrow that flying was available from level 1 now for free, I wouldn't shed a tear.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •