Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Mechagnome Naer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    <Intent>
    Posts
    641
    I might quit?

    I've not had 50k in my entirety of playing (not all at once).

  2. #142
    High Overlord Xarnius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Vouksh89 View Post
    If they did that, I probably would either just stop playing completely, or, at the most, sit in the city with nothing to do. I don't have the time, nor the willpower to grind reputations. Valor is bad enough; I don't need 300 other currencies to grind at the same time. I've been playing far too long to deal with crap like that again.
    Tbh you're exactly the kind of person(no offense) who made blizzard turn this game on its' head. Atm I don't feel I'm achieveing ANYTHING no matter what I do. In PvP you might feel like achieving a lot at one point, but that's not even fun anymore, the arena & rbg thing is way too limited. I wish they would actually give us some harder quests, some tougher zones(and darker!), so that for once we could actually feel like we're achieving something in this game.

    Edit: Oh, and:
    Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    I might quit?

    I've not had 50k in my entirety of playing (not all at once).
    Then you'd have to save up for loads and loads, which is EXACTLY OP's point. I don't think they should make it so you need to farm for 3 months, but I really think they should give us a 50k cost for next expansion's flying skill, and give us cheaper mounts instead. I haven't had 50k at once either, but it's not even hard.(I got to 20k in like 2days in cata, 50k in MoP isn't hard) 50k would do so that only your main(or if you're rich, alts) would be able to fly, and you'd have to FARM FARM FARM! Again, we'd need something to farm. In Wotlk I farmed stuff like the essences of fire, so we should get more endgame items that require farming.
    Last edited by Xarnius; 2013-10-24 at 02:41 PM.

  3. #143
    Over 9000! Gheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    Tbh you're exactly the kind of person(no offense) that made blizzard turn this game on its' head. Atm I don't feel I'm achieveing ANYTHING no matter what I do. In PvP you might feel like achieving a lot at one point, but that's not even fun anymore, the arena & rbg thing is way too limited. I wish they would actually give us some harder quests, some tougher zones(and darker!), so that for once we could actually feel like we're achieving something in this game.
    You meant that to offend.

    You state it as a fact, but I'd be on his side, not yours. The reason you don't feel like you're achieving anything in WoW is because WoW is a game. You're probably bored of it, but you don't want to admit it, and you blame every minute little change in the game for your bordem. You pressure the devs into reneging on promises to the community which in turn hurt the subscriber base and you still aren't happy with the game. I hope Blizzard stops batting an eyelash at people like you so that you quit the game and leave it to the level headed players who are still capable of having fun without taking a big steaming crap on other people.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    My vote goes towards a no-flying continent/expansion.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Another person missing the point. It's not about convenience/inconvenience. It's simply about the social community.
    Anyway it's too late for that.
    Yes because everybody on a ground mount running past eachother on a road somehow increases the social community. /facepalm.
    I have a very nice social experience in the game. Do you know how I accomplish that? I talk to people and then they talk back. That is how you improve a social community. No flying won't help. No mounts won't help. No removal of LFR or LFD won't help. The only thing that will help is people themselves being social.

    There is nothing wrong with having flying mounts. Hell, I'd even be all for giving level 20's flying!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    Tbh you're exactly the kind of person(no offense) who made blizzard turn this game on its' head. Atm I don't feel I'm achieveing ANYTHING no matter what I do. In PvP you might feel like achieving a lot at one point, but that's not even fun anymore, the arena & rbg thing is way too limited. I wish they would actually give us some harder quests, some tougher zones(and darker!), so that for once we could actually feel like we're achieving something in this game.
    I love the people who feel like they aren't achieving anything in a video game. The World of Warcraft isn't here to make you feel better about yourself because you farmed 50k gold for flying. If you want to achieve something I suggest you turn off your computer and get out into the real world.

    WoW is nothing but a big time sink and provides some entertainment and should be treated as such.

  5. #145
    High Overlord Xarnius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    You meant that to offend.

    You state it as a fact, but I'd be on his side, not yours. The reason you don't feel like you're achieving anything in WoW is because WoW is a game. You're probably bored of it, but you don't want to admit it, and you blame every minute little change in the game for your bordem. You pressure the devs into reneging on promises to the community which in turn hurt the subscriber base and you still aren't happy with the game. I hope Blizzard stops batting an eyelash at people like you so that you quit the game and leave it to the level headed players who are still capable of having fun without taking a big steaming crap on other people.
    I wasn't taking a big streaming crap on another person, I was telling him that I disagreed with him, because IMO, his opinion is what ruins my game experience.(Not his opinion obviously, but the outcome). Do you disagree with what I said? Isn't it people who share his EXACT point of view that made blizzard take wow to a casual level? I'm tired of being thought of as some guy that wants to offend everybody just because I don't comment how amazing of a sig they have or some other tactic you use. Read it over and over and over again, it wasn't ment to offend a soul.

    Back on topic: I felt like I achieved something when I got my god damn Cloud Serpent, I felt like I achieved something when I completed all the 5.3 LFRs on my hunter. Right now, I don't feel like achieving anything.. There's no big thing for me to do at maxlevel it feels like, and levelling is fun(loomless pewpew), but again - there is no reward at the end of the journey.

  6. #146
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    I wasn't taking a big streaming crap on another person, I was telling him that I disagreed with him, because IMO, his opinion is what ruins my game experience.(Not his opinion obviously, but the outcome). Do you disagree with what I said? Isn't it people who share his EXACT point of view that made blizzard take wow to a casual level? I'm tired of being thought of as some guy that wants to offend everybody just because I don't comment how amazing of a sig they have or some other tactic you use. Read it over and over and over again, it wasn't ment to offend a soul.

    Back on topic: I felt like I achieved something when I got my god damn Cloud Serpent, I felt like I achieved something when I completed all the 5.3 LFRs on my hunter. Right now, I don't feel like achieving anything.. There's no big thing for me to do at maxlevel it feels like, and levelling is fun(loomless pewpew), but again - there is no reward at the end of the journey.
    ....

    Talks about people wanting a video game to be rewarding as the reason for ruining WoW, then comments that he has accomplished something by earning a cloud serpent (took me 1 hour of egg farming) and doing LFR and now there's nothing left to achieve.

    Anyone else scratching their head right now?
    BAD WOLF

  7. #147
    Over 9000! Gheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    I wasn't taking a big streaming crap on another person, I was telling him that I disagreed with him, because IMO, his opinion is what ruins my game experience.(Not his opinion obviously, but the outcome). Do you disagree with what I said? Isn't it people who share his EXACT point of view that made blizzard take wow to a casual level? I'm tired of being thought of as some guy that wants to offend everybody just because I don't comment how amazing of a sig they have or some other tactic you use. Read it over and over and over again, it wasn't ment to offend a soul.

    Back on topic: I felt like I achieved something when I got my god damn Cloud Serpent, I felt like I achieved something when I completed all the 5.3 LFRs on my hunter. Right now, I don't feel like achieving anything.. There's no big thing for me to do at maxlevel it feels like, and levelling is fun(loomless pewpew), but again - there is no reward at the end of the journey.
    Unless you're part of the "World First" race there's nothing "hardcore" about playing WoW. In fact the more you play WoW, outside of the World First race, the less time you have for things that actually matter in life.

    But when you say "no offense" and then proceed to blame somebody for something that is completely out of their hands, it's laughable at best.

    It would be akin to me saying "No offense, but you're the reason children are starving in China. The Chinese food authorities are catering to the hardcores, to return a sense of achievement to eating in China. "

    The majority of gamers are casual gamers. Nobody wants to be married to the games they play. Well, nobody reasonable wants to be married to the games they play.

    If Blizzard were to alienate all the hardcore gamers while simultaneously melting the hearts of all the casual gamers that would be a good business decision. Because frankly if they were to amputate the hardcores, they'd amputate all the "hard cores" along with them (I.e. players who think they are the bees knees but all they do is sit around and complain about how the game is too easy, even though all they do is stand around and troll trade chat and don't actually play the game outside of levelling their toon and then playing the auction house)

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    ....

    Talks about people wanting a video game to be rewarding as the reason for ruining WoW, then comments that he has accomplished something by earning a cloud serpent (took me 1 hour of egg farming) and doing LFR and now there's nothing left to achieve.

    Anyone else scratching their head right now?
    I guess I should feel accomplished because I completed 5.3 LFR on 15 90s?

  9. #149
    High Overlord Xarnius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    ....

    Talks about people wanting a video game to be rewarding as the reason for ruining WoW, then comments that he has accomplished something by earning a cloud serpent (took me 1 hour of egg farming) and doing LFR.

    Anyone else scratching their head right now?
    The point was that I had fun, I didn't feel like achieving anything the way you look at it, I didn't wake up the day later feeling like a complete person, but I actually enjoyed doing it, and I was glad I did it. I haven't had that feeling with anything else in WoW lately, other than levelling, but once you get to the end of the line, it was all for nothing. Temporare(wut) fun is what an MMO is, but this temporare(wut) is bad. The cloud serpent part was just to show how easy it was for me to enjoy the game, yet instead this game is now, all about giving us everything we need for PvP/PvE, and then doing it. Some people like achievementfarming/AHflipping and then spending the money on nothing, but I'm not that guy.

  10. #150
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    The point was that I had fun, I didn't feel like achieving anything the way you look at it, I didn't wake up the day later feeling like a complete person, but I actually enjoyed doing it, and I was glad I did it. I haven't had that feeling with anything else in WoW lately, other than levelling, but once you get to the end of the line, it was all for nothing. Temporare(wut) fun is what an MMO is, but this temporare(wut) is bad. The cloud serpent part was just to show how easy it was for me to enjoy the game, yet instead this game is now, all about giving us everything we need for PvP/PvE, and then doing it. Some people like achievementfarming/AHflipping and then spending the money on nothing, but I'm not that guy.
    Sorry, but it sounds to me like you criticized someone's opinion as a direct cause for Blizzard making the game worse, which I can only assume means you feel it is 'dumbed or watered down' yet you go on to say your grand accomplishments are doing some of the most accessible and easy content the game has to offer.

    Now you're saying your point is that the wealth of other content in the game doesn't appeal to you and somehow it is Blizzard's fault, yet you likely haven't done 90% of it. Did you max any reps? Complete the story chains associated with them over each patch? Have you made progress on your legendary? Did you do anything with your farm? Pet battles? Brawler's guild? Proving grounds?

    Like...did you even play the game at all?
    BAD WOLF

  11. #151
    Over 9000! Gheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    The point was that I had fun, I didn't feel like achieving anything the way you look at it, I didn't wake up the day later feeling like a complete person, but I actually enjoyed doing it, and I was glad I did it. I haven't had that feeling with anything else in WoW lately, other than levelling, but once you get to the end of the line, it was all for nothing. Temporare(wut) fun is what an MMO is, but this temporare(wut) is bad. The cloud serpent part was just to show how easy it was for me to enjoy the game, yet instead this game is now, all about giving us everything we need for PvP/PvE, and then doing it. Some people like achievementfarming/AHflipping and then spending the money on nothing, but I'm not that guy.
    So you're admitting that there's plenty to do in WoW, but you aren't having fun right now, essentially confirming my point that YOU are bored of WoW but you're just not willing to admit to it. That maybe absolutely nothing is fundamentally wrong with WoW right now, but you're just bored.

    And this is what's wrong with the game. People need to stop mistaking getting bored of something for being fundamentally dissatisfied with something. Because if you're bored of it, it doesn't matter what they do to the game, you're still going to be bored of it. The only way to fix bordem is to quit the game for a year.

  12. #152
    Scarab Lord Azutael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,812
    No they shouldn't, and they wont.
    Simple as that, now get over this "issue" and/or stop using your flying mount if it's such a big deal to you.

  13. #153
    Legendary! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    6,039
    How about no?

    God, it's plain to see why some people aren't part of their developer team...

    That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with flightpaths to encourage afk travel coz "immersion".

  14. #154
    High Overlord Xarnius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Unless you're part of the "World First" race there's nothing "hardcore" about playing WoW. In fact the more you play WoW, outside of the World First race, the less time you have for things that actually matter in life.

    But when you say "no offense" and then proceed to blame somebody for something that is completely out of their hands, it's laughable at best.

    It would be akin to me saying "No offense, but you're the reason children are starving in China. The Chinese food authorities are catering to the hardcores, to return a sense of achievement to eating in China. "

    The majority of gamers are casual gamers. Nobody wants to be married to the games they play. Well, nobody reasonable wants to be married to the games they play.

    If Blizzard were to alienate all the hardcore gamers while simultaneously melting the hearts of all the casual gamers that would be a good business decision. Because frankly if they were to amputate the hardcores, they'd amputate all the "hard cores" along with them (I.e. players who think they are the bees knees but all they do is sit around and complain about how the game is too easy, even though all they do is stand around and troll trade chat and don't actually play the game outside of levelling their toon and then playing the auction house)
    I wasn't blaming him for it? If I had said "No offense, but you're the exact kind of person that made wow go casual, and I disagree with that" would that have been better? God damn, you guys are TRYING to fuck me over. And to Marema: No, that was not my point either. My hunter was my first LFR character, I felt a little spark of fun when I finished the LFRs.

    Oh, and about my casual level comment, I ment that, I am not a hardcore player, never was, but I preferrerd logging on - working towards a goal - logging off. Right now the people went from casual to lazy(well, it's a game, I know you'll comment this so just skip it), and they want to jump to endgame, and whenever they log on their goal is clearing bosses after queueing up in SW, logging off. That's not my idea of fun, and I didn't come here to knock anyone down, I came here to express my opinion, and right now you're not doing the same.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Sorry, but it sounds to me like you criticized someone's opinion as a direct cause for Blizzard making the game worse, which I can only assume means you feel it is 'dumbed or watered down' yet you go on to say your grand accomplishments are doing some of the most accessible and easy content the game has to offer.

    Now you're saying your point is that the wealth of other content in the game doesn't appeal to you and somehow it is Blizzard's fault, yet you likely haven't done 90% of it. Did you max any reps? Complete the story chains associated with them over each patch? Have you made progress on your legendary? Did you do anything with your farm? Pet battles? Brawler's guild? Proving grounds?

    Like...did you even play the game at all?
    Pet battles: Check
    Brawler's Guild: check
    Proving grounds: I played LoL mostly when it came out, still haven't done it.

    I didn't come here to say how I was fucking grand. I shared my first opinion, people could look at it, move on, didn't expect responses.
    The only WoW I've played in weeks is levelling my current level 41 shaman, so no, I wasn't basing my statement off my high end experiences in this expansion, but the overall raid quality of this expansion were below my expectations, I didn't enjoy PvP at all in this expansion, other than RBGs. I don't do RBGs anymore because yes, I found it boring after doing the exact same BGs the previous season.

    I made some progress towards legendary, but when I levelled my PvE character(Hunter) I was so far behind, I quickly noticed it was too late. I played him for about 2 weeks, had fun, got bored of the content. IMO there aren't enough grinds. Now you might go all "You haven't done all the reputation grinds!", what are the rewards? Not talking about real-life rewards, because looking at all the stuff you say it is obvious that you will comment that, but the ingame rewards. A tabard? New items? Great. Not going to finish this sentence, I have nothing to say.

    We're way off-topic(all of us, all you do is comment the shit I'm saying, very offtopic), so let's stop. No, not because I got owned in an argument, but because it looks silly. Might look sillier looking at my posts, but you guys are doing the same thing.

  15. #155
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,223
    Let's refresh your memory:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    Tbh you're exactly the kind of person(no offense) who made blizzard turn this game on its' head. Atm I don't feel I'm achieveing ANYTHING no matter what I do.
    You don't do anything. It's no wonder you feel like you aren't achieving anything. You've stated a Cloud Serpent and LFR as your only accomplishments in MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    I wish they would actually give us some harder quests, some tougher zones(and darker!), so that for once we could actually feel like we're achieving something in this game.
    Did you do any of the zones? Try going to the new Isle if you want a challenge in the open world. Do Brawler's Guild. Raiding is where the difficulty in terms of skill usually comes from. Otherwise, this game has ALWAYS presented challenge in the form of a time commitment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    Oh, and about my casual level comment, I ment that, I am not a hardcore player, never was, but I preferrerd logging on - working towards a goal - logging off. Right now the people went from casual to lazy(well, it's a game, I know you'll comment this so just skip it), and they want to jump to endgame, and whenever they log on their goal is clearing bosses after queueing up in SW, logging off. That's not my idea of fun, and I didn't come here to knock anyone down, I came here to express my opinion, and right now you're not doing the same.
    Now back to this. You aren't expressing an opinion. You're judging people for being casual and lazy, but you CBA to go do anything int he game yourself. You make a lot of claims (that aren't true) and then openly admit you don't do anything and feel like you aren't achieving anything.

    You clearly don't like the game. Go do something else. It's probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard when someone says they don't like something and then admit they've never tried it. "There's nothing exciting in life and I don't feel like anything is worthwhile anymore. Life has such a bad design" Have you tried skydiving bob? Have you traveled the world? "No, I've just sat in my bedroom staring at my wall, but the world is so boring".

    Edit:

    So now you say you've done 'some' stuff, but not finished it. Clearly you don't enjoy the game because your earlier complaints don't match up with your experience. Stop playing. You're blaming the game for your own boredom, when there are things that satisfy your complaints and you just don't want to do them.

    It's really, really, really ok if you feel that way, but it's not a flaw in the game. You just need a break.
    BAD WOLF

  16. #156
    High Overlord Xarnius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Let's refresh your memory:

    You don't do anything. It's no wonder you feel like you aren't achieving anything. You've stated a Cloud Serpent and LFR as your only accomplishments in MoP.

    Did you do any of the zones? Try going to the new Isle if you want a challenge in the open world. Do Brawler's Guild. Raiding is where the difficulty in terms of skill usually comes from. Otherwise, this game has ALWAYS presented challenge in the form of a time commitment.

    Now back to this. You aren't expressing an opinion. You're judging people for being casual and lazy, but you CBA to go do anything int he game yourself. You make a lot of claims (that aren't true) and then openly admit you don't do anything and feel like you aren't achieving anything.

    You clearly don't like the game. Go do something else. It's probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard when someone says they don't like something and then admit they've never tried it. "There's nothing exciting in life and I don't feel like anything is worthwhile anymore. Life has such a bad design" Have you tried skydiving bob? Have you traveled the world? "No, I've just sat in my bedroom staring at my wall, but the world is so boring".

    Edit:

    So now you say you've done 'some' stuff, but not finished it. Clearly you don't enjoy the game because your earlier complaints don't match up with your experience. Stop playing. You're blaming the game for your own boredom, when there are things that satisfy your complaints and you just don't want to do them.

    It's really, really, really ok if you feel that way, but it's not a flaw in the game. You just need a break.
    What did I say I had never experienced? I tried farming reps, I tried brawler's guild, I tried raids, I tried LFR, I tried pet battles, what are you on about now?

  17. #157
    The Lightbringer Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Those are actually good ideas.

    Some people say "If you don't want flying mounts - don't use them." It's not that simple. Give me a ground mount that increases speed by 280% (even if the riding animation would look silly) because right now I'm forced to use flying mounts to get everywhere faster.
    You clearly don't know what "forced" means lol, You're not forced to get on a flying mount to get places faster, You're just impatient, there is a very, very big difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  18. #158
    Ok, i really like what Blizz did in WOTLK about flying.
    You can purchase a regular speed flying ability, but, as achiv reward or any kind of other things you can obtain by playing only, you can have a bonus reward and an upgrade of your flying speed.

    I put an out a very easy example:
    Completing Orgrimmar achievements you ll get the worst looking mount blizzard had ever create on game. Change that rubbish (yeah that' s rubbish) into a 400% Flying speed upgrade and of course don t do this account wide.

    Keeping away flying in the new zone (or world for example one of the legion worlds) will just keep most of the people away from the game at all.

    i don t look at this as a smart business decision at all

    This is my point of view.


    Off topic: change your design of players tiers and all the trasmos. i think tou should really look at getting some true SWAG in your new tiers. this is just an humble point of wiew, but i did'nt see in pandaria a true nice set to put on. and, of course, i m really tired of looking around all the priest on my server dressed T5 or T6 this is so boring

  19. #159
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    What did I say I had never experienced? I tried farming reps, I tried brawler's guild, I tried raids, I tried LFR, I tried pet battles, what are you on about now?
    It helps if you read entire posts before quoting it and responding. In this case, you can just read the edit which was updated after seeing your post.
    BAD WOLF

  20. #160
    The Lightbringer Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    Ok, i really like what Blizz did in WOTLK about flying.
    You can purchase a regular speed flying ability, but, as achiv reward or any kind of other things you can obtain by playing only, you can have a bonus reward and an upgrade of your flying speed.
    That wasn't something they made in Wrath, that was a TBC design
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •