Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    WoW isn't that kind of game anymore... Quests, locations, lore, professions, mounts, l2p-quests - everything surrounds the core of the game: It's endgame and foremost raiding. Raiding is what most people who spend most time ingame do. They play the game entirely different than someone "who just tries out another mmorpg" - like in Starcraft&Warcraft RTS playing campaign / multiplayer (-tournaments, streams - keyword ESPORT). The RPG in WoW is only background for it's great gameplay, tuning & multiplayer progress (raiding).

In my opinion it should be free at max level.. we have bought it already and just because Blizz doesn't want us to skip current content or walk through it very fast, they restrict us to groundmounts. So after reaching lvl-cap, it should be free.

Having the ability to fly is really only needed for those that mine or herb. As a raider, I can get a summon or walk to everything I need. I rarely need to leave the Capital city at this point in the expansion and can queue for most of the things thay I want to do. They'll never make flying a huge barrier as long as you can queue for content anywhere in the world.

There would be so much QQ because rep farming being mandatory to get flying, I would personally don't mind it but I don't thing it would work good with how the game is now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    First of all, I personally love flying mounts in WoW but I think flying at max level is too easily obtainable. Do you remember days back in TBC? You had do farm your gold FOR MONTHS to learn flying (EDIT: I meant 280% speed flying) and to buy your first mount. And yeah, when you've finally bought it, you felt like you achieved something big. And now in MoP all you have to do is to get your character to 90th level, and then buy "flying in pandaria" for a very cheap price. That's not how it should work.
    So here's my idea:

Let's say, there will be a lot of factions in the next expansion (just like in MoP). To raise your reputation with those factions of course you would have to do dailies or events (like in BF: Barrens or Timeless Isle). But those activities would also provide something like timeless coins. And to learn flying in the continent that will be added in the next expansion, you would have to pay a lot of those timeless coins. I mean really... A LOT. A grind would take maybe around few months but then you would again feel that you've achieved something - after all this hard work, now you can fly on your mount on the new continent.

And the reason why I think flying should be avalaible for currency similiar to timeless coins is because nowadays there is a lot of rich people in WoW so if flying would cost for example 50k gold, it wouldn't be any problem for rich people to buy it so instead they would have to do content and buy it for currency like timeless coins.

Discuss this idea.

I've also made the same topic on the official WoW forums, so if you like this idea, also post there so maybe someone from Blizzard will see it: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...44394?page=1#0
    I don't see the reason why you should have to achieve this goal every expansion. It was a cool thing in TBC, but that's where it also should end.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Having the ability to fly is really only needed for those that mine or herb. As a raider, I can get a summon or walk to everything I need. I rarely need to leave the Capital city at this point in the expansion and can queue for most of the things thay I want to do. They'll never make flying a huge barrier as long as you can queue for content anywhere in the world.
    Yep it would have been so good to ground mount from shrine through kun-lai summit to reach the west end of townlong steppes to reach isle of thunder every time you raided in 5.2. Yeah, no.

Also "i can get a summon" is a dumbass argument, because SOMEONE has to go there first.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-10-24 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vouksh89 View Post
    If they did that, I probably would either just stop playing completely, or, at the most, sit in the city with nothing to do. I don't have the time, nor the willpower to grind reputations. Valor is bad enough; I don't need 300 other currencies to grind at the same time. I've been playing far too long to deal with crap like that again.
    Pretty much this, I refuse to sit around and run on the ground because someone felt nostalgic for TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

First of all, I personally love flying mounts in WoW but I think flying at max level is too easily obtainable. Do you remember days back in TBC? You had do farm your gold FOR MONTHS to learn flying (EDIT: I meant 280% speed flying) and to buy your first mount. And yeah, when you've finally bought it, you felt like you achieved something big. And now in MoP all you have to do is to get your character to 90th level, and then buy "flying in pandaria" for a very cheap price. That's not how it should work.
    So here's my idea:

Let's say, there will be a lot of factions in the next expansion (just like in MoP). To raise your reputation with those factions of course you would have to do dailies or events (like in BF: Barrens or Timeless Isle). But those activities would also provide something like timeless coins. And to learn flying in the continent that will be added in the next expansion, you would have to pay a lot of those timeless coins. I mean really... A LOT. A grind would take maybe around few months but then you would again feel that you've achieved something - after all this hard work, now you can fly on your mount on the new continent.

And the reason why I think flying should be avalaible for currency similiar to timeless coins is because nowadays there is a lot of rich people in WoW so if flying would cost for example 50k gold, it wouldn't be any problem for rich people to buy it so instead they would have to do content and buy it for currency like timeless coins.

Discuss this idea.

I've also made the same topic on the official WoW forums, so if you like this idea, also post there so maybe someone from Blizzard will see it: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...44394?page=1#0
    this is one of the most stupid ideas i have ever read on mmo-champ. no, in tbc it did not take months to get your first mount, i got it right away on 3 chars. it did take some farming for the 5k epic mount but that was about a couple weeks not months.

out of all the aspects of the game, this is what you would change? why not change something that actually makes a difference? why should we have to EARN the right to fly when we have been doing it for so many years?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    There really shouldn't even be a fee: why should I pay for something I already had just to do it again on EVERY SINGLE FUCKING CHAR? Just add a level restriction and have it cost 1g each expansion and that's all. I am tired of paying to fly.
    You're paying for something NEW - cause flying on new zones is something NEW. You still can fly in the old zones...

I really hope Blizzard will not adopt this terrible idea.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Took me about a week or two of flying around herbing nightmare vine in Shadowmoon Valley, thankfully as a druid, I could herb most of the time and completely avoid combat
    I used to farm those cobra scales in shadowmoon valley from the naga and clefthoof hides in nagrand.

I don't understand one point,some of the topics which created around 3-4 weeks,were focused on TBC and it's "hard to achieve" story.For example:I remember one of the topics have been created under comparing of MoP/TBC raid difficulties.Heroics dungeons and such also included.I understand i respect there were good and bad days of WoW in past but things were changed.

Whole gameplay experience is now different,talents,class specs,skills,dungeons,lore,Lfr,lfd etc.. Game is evolving at every new expansion,travel is now easier than Vanilla,TBC and even Wotlk.You can now fly on Azeroth with your flying mount,also if you have money you can boost up your character to max speed (which was related to the mount in back days)

Now,if you put 50k price for flying or travelling,this won't add anything useful to the game,you cannot expect challenge every aspect of the game and with that money i expect i could fly as super-sonic jets over azeroth or other continent.

Also this is not a good option or idea :"for example 50k gold, it wouldn't be any problem for rich people to buy it so instead they would have to do content and buy it for currency like timeless coins."

So expect rich players,decent players in the game could not benefit from this option which will lead another dead-end point.In this game everyone is not so rich,prices and A.H are different at every realm and horrible at low pop. realms.

This is a terrible idea,nothing more !

I don't even know where this whole "everyone's got so much gold" idea is really coming from anyway.

I have 6 toons and around 250k G on the whole account, and that comes from playing since 2005, basically. I never buy anything from the AH AT ALL, have all the professions maxed out and do all the farming myself. The only thing I really spend gold on is repairs. The only reason why I have all that cash is because of my stinginess OCD and the fact that I'm completely self-sustained in the game.

I spend basically no gold and and don't make any. If I actually had to spend money on stuff, all of that cash would burn away like nothing.

actually, i've always thought the price tag for flying was a little too high at 4k for 280 and another 4k for 310, and another 2k for pandaria per character, even more if you don't have rep bonuses. i think it should be cut by half.

No way. I for one am sick and tired of everything in this game needing to be a gold sink. Flying? Expensive. Crazy useful mounts? Expensive. FREAKING TRANSMOG THAT EVERY OTHER GAME WITH WARDROBES HAS FOR FREE? Gold sink. Beyond ridiculous. It's like having the only restaurant in town catering to the wealthy investment bankers across the street, and to hell with everyone else.

No thank you. It should be dirt cheap if you ask me, like 500g tops.

How much is very expensive for you? 100, 250, 500k? ....Because anything under 100k is spare change. (at last for me and my army of alts that make money just by creating stuff from their proffesions.)

Also it would be dumb to make it this expensive. Why would Blizz work on new zones where most people would have money to fly in?

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, I personally love flying mounts in WoW but I think flying at max level is too easily obtainable. Do you remember days back in TBC? You had do farm your gold FOR MONTHS to learn flying
    i was farming for my epic land mount a couple months before BC came out...that was expensive...
    well i saw jewelcrafting i was like HEY!
    so dropped herb/enchanting for mining/enchanting.
    mined mined mined mined..... bank full, AH toons bank...

well...3 weeks after BC came out...i had 28k gold... felt SOOO rich.

i do agree it is way to cheap now...they should add 10% more speed/same skill that allows flying (with 310% a prerequisite)
    i can agree with 30k-60k for new flying, as well as there's a fringe benefit of more speed, then people couldn't complain (or 10k for flying, then 60k for 350% speed)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's like having the only restaurant in town catering to the wealthy investment bankers across the street, and to hell with everyone else.

No thank you. It should be dirt cheap if you ask me, like 500g tops.
    actually it's more like a stadium.
    you pay more for the best seats.

you can always use your land mount, but you pay more to be able to use the best.
    Last edited by Christan; 2013-10-24 at 11:38 AM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    hmm i always thought no one could fly before BC, seeing alot of "i had my money when hitting 60!"

So in mop they screwed the fly tome for alts and now you want fly become a luxury that only AH dwellers can efford? yea no if anything they need to go back to wotlk design.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

If they ever put a system in play again where it's basically mandatory to grind 5+ reputations simultaneously to be a competitive raider, I'll probably quit.
    As long as they don't give each of those reputations gear that's needed to be competitive, then I'm fine with it.

I'm not really seeing the upside of an extremely expensive flying license.
    Tell you what, turn it into a meta game for yourself - you pay me 500k gold, and then you can buy a flying license.

15+ Year Old Account
    50k? That would be like 2 million gold for my chars to fly, I would never farm that kinda gold.