Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's silly that most of the people on the official WoW forums agree with my idea but here everyone is saying that it's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Do you remember days back in TBC? You had do farm your gold FOR MONTHS to learn flying (EDIT: I meant 280% speed flying) and to buy your first mount. And yeah, when you've finally bought it, you felt like you achieved something big.
    If you had to farm for months to get flying in BC then you were doing something very wrong. I got flying right at 70 just like about everybody else on the planet.

Nothing wrong with flying and the way it is now.

Deleted
    It's silly that most of the people on the official WoW forums agree with my idea but here everyone is saying that it's terrible.
    Alot of people here are raiders, whereas on official forums, alot more variety of people will respond.

Sounds like a fun idea, sadly it wont ever happen, to many ppl who dont wanna put that kind of effort into the game and blizz whouldnt risk losing customers over this sort of thing.

WotLK originally had flying unlocked at level 77, mostly because Storm Peaks and Icecrown required flying to quest there. The Tome came in fairly late in WotLK, but I wish they continued with it in MoP, especially this late in the expansion. I understand they wanted people to experience content on foot before doing it from the air, but I allready did that with 10 characters and my monk should be 85 shortly. I'm seriously considering getting the last 5 levels through a combination Cata dailies (+50% exp from the monk daily), gathering and archaeology and then just make a full kit of Timeless gear upon hitting 90.

And the OP's suggestion is terrible. Grinding months just to be able to fly is the last most people want to do. It's allready bad enough you can't fly on the Timeless Isle with those damn Berserkers and Kilnmasters nearly one-shotting you with their charges.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, I personally love flying mounts in WoW but I think flying at max level is too easily obtainable. Do you remember days back in TBC? You had do farm your gold FOR MONTHS to learn flying (EDIT: I meant 280% speed flying) and to buy your first mount. And yeah, when you've finally bought it, you felt like you achieved something big. And now in MoP all you have to do is to get your character to 90th level, and then buy "flying in pandaria" for a very cheap price. That's not how it should work.
    So here's my idea:

Let's say, there will be a lot of factions in the next expansion (just like in MoP). To raise your reputation with those factions of course you would have to do dailies or events (like in BF: Barrens or Timeless Isle). But those activities would also provide something like timeless coins. And to learn flying in the continent that will be added in the next expansion, you would have to pay a lot of those timeless coins. I mean really... A LOT. A grind would take maybe around few months but then you would again feel that you've achieved something - after all this hard work, now you can fly on your mount on the new continent.

And the reason why I think flying should be avalaible for currency similiar to timeless coins is because nowadays there is a lot of rich people in WoW so if flying would cost for example 50k gold, it wouldn't be any problem for rich people to buy it so instead they would have to do content and buy it for currency like timeless coins.

Discuss this idea.

I've also made the same topic on the official WoW forums, so if you like this idea, also post there so maybe someone from Blizzard will see it: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...44394?page=1#0
    Although 2500 gold is easily obtainable, for flight in Pandaria, half of the new mounts added are not easily obtained. I don't have any of the JC panthers, any of the 3 Engineering mounts, or the 100k gold yak. Achievement mounts don't count for this, as those require skill not gold (also I don't have many of those either.)

Maybe a lot of folks are wealthy, but not all of us are. What if raiding guilds would have to start "car pooling" or play taxi for guildies, just so they can get around to do things or content? The answer is that they will probably be cut from raiding. While Blizz want to keep some content exclusive, they also want to offer alternatives. This would segregate fan base from the haves and the have nots, and with out an acceptable alternative I doubt Blizz will go for it. I sometimes miss the days of TBC and Classic Wow also, but nostalgic feelings is what got us all into that mess with Rep at the beginning of xpac with GL dailies. And you can see how Blizz eventually addressed that issue.

TL;DR
    Why do you and many others, want to take away our convenience? If you think flying is so bad for the game, don't use your flying mounts. I know that some devs have expressed a wish that it had never been implemented in the first place, but it's too late for that.

I'm sick of people complaining about flying mounts, don't like it don't use it. No one's forcing you to use dungeon finder either, if you want you can make a group the old fashion way, i.e.: spam chat for half an hour, use ground mounts to get to the dungeons instance, wait for 3 people to get there before you can use the summoning stone, and every time someone leaves have someone go back to a major city and spam lfg for a replacement again.

Fun times no? Pre-BC ftw amiright?

Deleted
    I hate flying, but even questioning the feature on this forum is a guaranteed flame war, dude. I've been there, done that. The problem with flying as a feature is precisely the same problem as with the Diablo 3 Auction House. It's not as simple as "don't like it? don't use it". If everyone else use it, then you are effectively crippling yourself in the game. You fall behind.

In Diablo 3 they had the guts to finally remove the AH to make sure everyone is playing on a fair level once the expansion hits. I doubt they'd show that level of guts in WoW, though.

What I would do, to make everyone happy, is buff ground mounts:

• Faster riding when you ride along roads.
    • A new ground mount riding skill level.
    • Cool stuff you can't see from the air.

Deleted
    Terrible idea cause it wiuld make too many people mad and I would agree with them.

Deleted
    50k of a new currency? Do you even know how tedious it is to get 50k timeless coins? It takes weeks if you can't be on like 14/7.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I hate flying, but even questioning the feature on this forum is a guaranteed flame war, dude. I've been there, done that. The problem with flying as a feature is precisely the same problem as with the Diablo 3 Auction House. It's not as simple as "don't like it? don't use it". If everyone else use it, then you are effectively crippling yourself in the game. You fall behind.

In Diablo 3 they had the guts to finally remove the AH to make sure everyone is playing on a fair level once the expansion hits. I doubt they'd show that level of guts in WoW, though.

This is an interesting idea!

10+ Year Old Account
    Convenience > Nostalgia
    Logic > Nostalgia
    Months of Grinding =/= Fun
    All of the Above

Take your pick for the argument against the idea of expensive flying.

Let's say, there will be a lot of factions in the next expansion (just like in MoP). To raise your reputation with those factions of course you would have to do dailies or events (like in BF: Barrens or Timeless Isle). But those activities would also provide something like timeless coins. And to learn flying in the continent that will be added in the next expansion, you would have to pay a lot of those timeless coins. I mean really... A LOT. A grind would take maybe around few months but then you would again feel that you've achieved something - after all this hard work, now you can fly on your mount on the new continent.

And the reason why I think flying should be avalaible for currency similiar to timeless coins is because nowadays there is a lot of rich people in WoW so if flying would cost for example 50k gold, it wouldn't be any problem for rich people to buy it so instead they would have to do content and buy it for currency like timeless coins.[sic]
    Sorry, but buying a flying skill will not become an achievement of any kind only because you have to grind for it for months.

And to tell you the honest truth, I wouldn't even start getting "what-ever-continent flying" if it required several months of farming. And please, never again dailies for rep grinds, that is HELL.

Actually,not all of them agree with you,they got also different their own ideas which leads so many possibilities.Some of them mentioned about "no flying mount at all next expansion" So it's like giving a car you to drive,then saying "hey we have no roads and we do not care if you have been at place which has quite good roads for your car" Flying is a must if they are designing a content and putting the sources of some gathering occupations on that.Guy with the horse or wolf whatever,will level up his/her gathering skill slower than past expansions.Which will lead another "i'm leaving or i'm done with WoW articles"

You cannot expect hear the same thing from everyone around your world,some might think your idea is right and some of them not.If you only pick the answers people who agrees with you,then i can say your point of view is not so objective and will mislead you to dead-end.

Long story short:Vanilla,TBC,Wotlk,Cata they all have been passed,if you don't want to fly at the next expansion,simply don't buy that skill from the trainer,there is no point to force people to believe you and your idea is right.

If you want to explore the whole content,you will have lots of time to do that while flying or walking.Everyone is not born with an ambition to explore,some of them just want to level up and wanna get ready for the raids/dungeons or different challenges.Some of them might get interested in trade or Rp.
    Last edited by Zeramas; 2013-10-24 at 12:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My vote goes towards a no-flying continent/expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    I'm sick of people complaining about flying mounts, don't like it don't use it. No one's forcing you to use dungeon finder either, if you want you can make a group the old fashion way, i.e.: spam chat for half an hour, use ground mounts to get to the dungeons instance, wait for 3 people to get there before you can use the summoning stone, and every time someone leaves have someone go back to a major city and spam lfg for a replacement again.

Fun times no? Pre-BC ftw amiright?
    Another person missing the point. It's not about convenience/inconvenience. It's simply about the social community.
    Anyway it's too late for that.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post
    I used to farm those cobra scales in shadowmoon valley from the naga and clefthoof hides in nagrand.
    Haha I did the same thing

No. This form of gating is the worst thing that was ever implemented back in TBC and would kill the enjoyment for a lot of people. Not everyone enjoyed the massive grinds from times past.

Yeah that will solve the problem.

no because pets have made me poor for the first time in all of wow >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post

Those are actually good ideas.

Some people say "If you don't want flying mounts - don't use them." It's not that simple. Give me a ground mount that increases speed by 280% (even if the riding animation would look silly) because right now I'm forced to use flying mounts to get everywhere faster.