Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    This is an interesting idea!
    Interesting on paper, but in practice? Here's a fun test: login, port/hearth/w.e, go outside, mount up on a flying mount, then fly about 10 to 20 yards off the ground. You likely have 310% flight, and with pallys and dks it's even more. I'm serious, if you don't remember what it's like to fly very close to the ground, go and try it.

Now, it may depend on how good your mouse is, or latency, etc. ; it should be awkward as you go so fast. That's about as fast as you would go on the ground, if Blizz took away flying and buffed ground mount speed. Try doing this where there are a lot of mobs, while looking for min/herb nodes for example, and depending on latency or your video card you will either have a tricky time getting the resource or it will be downright impossible.

If you have ever played on a private server and had the ability to change your speed, you might now how impossible it is to do anything when your ground speed is >500%. You can't stop on a dime, in fact it's like trying to stop a semi. So there isn't much room for increased ground mount speed. Blizz would most likely have to refund all of us for our flight speeds we bought previously and make ground mounts cap at 150% next xpac, and then only increase it each following one by no more than 100%. I guess that would make your plan work, as there wouldn't likely be more than 2 xpacs with this feature. Wow would probably die in < 3 years.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    First of all, I personally love flying mounts in WoW but I think flying at max level is too easily obtainable. Do you remember days back in TBC? You had do farm your gold FOR MONTHS to learn flying (EDIT: I meant 280% speed flying) and to buy your first mount. And yeah, when you've finally bought it, you felt like you achieved something big. And now in MoP all you have to do is to get your character to 90th level, and then buy "flying in pandaria" for a very cheap price. That's not how it should work.
    So here's my idea:

Let's say, there will be a lot of factions in the next expansion (just like in MoP). To raise your reputation with those factions of course you would have to do dailies or events (like in BF: Barrens or Timeless Isle). But those activities would also provide something like timeless coins. And to learn flying in the continent that will be added in the next expansion, you would have to pay a lot of those timeless coins. I mean really... A LOT. A grind would take maybe around few months but then you would again feel that you've achieved something - after all this hard work, now you can fly on your mount on the new continent.

And the reason why I think flying should be avalaible for currency similiar to timeless coins is because nowadays there is a lot of rich people in WoW so if flying would cost for example 50k gold, it wouldn't be any problem for rich people to buy it so instead they would have to do content and buy it for currency like timeless coins.

Discuss this idea.

I've also made the same topic on the official WoW forums, so if you like this idea, also post there so maybe someone from Blizzard will see it: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...44394?page=1#0
    That's one of the silliest things I've read on here. Earning the ability to fly is not an accomplishment. Gold grind is not a focal point of WoW. None of what you wrote makes sense. 50K per toon? Are you insane?

Deleted
    Took me like 3 weeks to get my 5k gold in tbc and i was one lazy bastard, so i disagree with this completely.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    No I don't remember that I had 1000 gold when I hit 70 and got a flyer.

50k flying? That better be account wide 500k for 10 toons to fly yea no.
    You had 1k gold for a flyer that flew slower than your ground mount. Get your facts a little straighter please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That is not silly, it is
    - you reading what you want to read
    - different crowd of people.

And this is where you don't seem to get it: If you think you have a great idea, it must work with a great amount of people, not just appeal to people who are like you.

And, yeah..you as the one with the idea should be able to stomach critcism and be able to defend your statements with proper arguments. So far I don't see the benefits in your idea other than "Oh yeah..you will feel as accomplished as in vanilla". Which you just cannot judge what it takes for others to feel accomplishment.

We had that time of grinding our money for mounts. I played since day 1. Why the hell do you want me to re-grind that shit every x-pac? In fact, as a veteran I rather have the riding skill on my alts from lv 1! Flying at 20!

I walked to 40 on 8 characters. I walked to 20 on the other 3. Enough.
    Except when the critics have no clue what they are talking about? People keep claiming they got their 280 at 70 and the OP is clueless when they are in fact clueless because all they got right at 70 was their slower than dirt flyer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell would you force a boring grind on people for something they have owned since level 60. No its completely stupid and selfish, just because you feel like flying should be a "reward" doesn't mean everyone else should be force to work for something they already unlocked. When you hit max level it should cost a relative amount but nothing ridiculous; flying is essential for farming and getting around the world once you hit max. Making it very difficult for the majority of people would only cause needless frustration and whining on the forums. By the way this is coming from someone who has been playing since vanilla and has farmed epic riding on every expansion on several character. I've never had a money issue but I find your idea to be detrimental and unfair for other people.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

This is the WoW community. You'd have far more success requesting that flying be implemented at level 1, cost 3 silver, and kick the speed up to about 400%.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This is the WoW community. You'd have far more success requesting that flying be implemented at level 1, cost 3 silver, and kick the speed up to about 400%.
    Stuff like that gets beaten into the ground as well.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Deleted
    No way. Yet another very boring grind fest. 50k is way too much for basic player. They just don't have that much gold, raiders need to buy flasks, potions and sometimes enchants on top of repairs and what ever else.

If you have easy time getting the 50k gold i would say you are in the small minority. Except the two other guys, everyone i know in the game is struggling with the gold and those two i mentioned? They bought gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    What this post is really about: Person with a lot of money doesn't Care.
    A dumb idea. What about the people who don't sit on a stack of cash?

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well gold is pretty easy to get nowadays, what with Troves of the Thunder King, dailies, quests, dungeon running, etc.. Wisdom of the Four Winds is 2500, so what would Expansion V's price be if there was another flying thing to be had? 5000? It's still a little hard to get, and depending if it was a whole new world/continent to explore, I'd still suggest waiting until max level for eligibility. Besides, what do you think is "very expensive" in terms of appeasing the Riding trainer's many debts to the people he owes money to?

Deleted
    Those are actually good ideas.

Some people say "If you don't want flying mounts - don't use them." It's not that simple. Give me a ground mount that increases speed by 280% (even if the riding animation would look silly) because right now I'm forced to use flying mounts to get everywhere faster.
    Did the idea of use your flying mount on the ground never got you???? I mean if all these BS are due the ground speed?????? or the OP is crying baby that love the old PVP feeling???? if that's your problem just L2P the WOW as it is now not as you wish it should be.......50K for a flying mount?????? that's ridiculous stupid..

15+ Year Old Account
    It's too late for that, too many WoW bilionaries around these days so you cannot really pick a fair amount of gold it should cost. The 5k (was it?) in TBC for the epic flying mount did need a huge amount of farming by almost everyone, these days 500k would still allow many to simply buy it right away.

First of all, I personally love flying mounts in WoW but I think flying at max level is too easily obtainable. Do you remember days back in TBC? You had do farm your gold FOR MONTHS to learn flying (EDIT: I meant 280% speed flying) and to buy your first mount. And yeah, when you've finally bought it, you felt like you achieved something big. And now in MoP all you have to do is to get your character to 90th level, and then buy "flying in pandaria" for a very cheap price. That's not how it should work.
    So here's my idea:

Let's say, there will be a lot of factions in the next expansion (just like in MoP). To raise your reputation with those factions of course you would have to do dailies or events (like in BF: Barrens or Timeless Isle). But those activities would also provide something like timeless coins. And to learn flying in the continent that will be added in the next expansion, you would have to pay a lot of those timeless coins. I mean really... A LOT. A grind would take maybe around few months but then you would again feel that you've achieved something - after all this hard work, now you can fly on your mount on the new continent.

And the reason why I think flying should be avalaible for currency similiar to timeless coins is because nowadays there is a lot of rich people in WoW so if flying would cost for example 50k gold, it wouldn't be any problem for rich people to buy it so instead they would have to do content and buy it for currency like timeless coins.

Discuss this idea.

I've also made the same topic on the official WoW forums, so if you like this idea, also post there so maybe someone from Blizzard will see it: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...44394?page=1#0
    LOL. I grinded Zaxxxis guys for prison keys, auctioned the cloth, got the loots from the prison keys. The whole process took a couple of days. Adjusted to inflation that was an absurd amount of gold though. Blizzard should never cater to people like you. Being forced to do some monotonous, understimulating grind just because you seem to remember a good old day that you probably weren't even there for. I've paid for my flying skill many times already. I'm sick of paying for it again and again. No matter how small the amount is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote for free flying next expansion.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, let's create financial disparity for a fundamental aspect of the game. That's a brilliant idea.

Really like other people have mentioned they need to just buff ground mounts to add incentive for people to use them. Increase their speed to be better than flying, make it so you are unable to be dazed by mobs on them, unique buffs or achievements with them, etc. There's a lot of things they could do.

Simply increasing cost of flying? Probably the worst band aid ever for something that really is a preferential problem.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I support that idea completely.

I mean honestly. Back in 1999, simply travelling in an online game was cool.

It's almost 2014. Nothing about being on an MMO is new. Everybody outside of an RP server has auto-run enabled. Travelling as an arbitrary time-sink is just absurd and doesn't make the game any more interesting or immersive.

Maybe not flying at level 1 and 400%; but if they announced tomorrow that flying was available from level 1 now for free, I wouldn't shed a tear.

I might quit?

I've not had 50k in my entirety of playing (not all at once).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vouksh89 View Post
    If they did that, I probably would either just stop playing completely, or, at the most, sit in the city with nothing to do. I don't have the time, nor the willpower to grind reputations. Valor is bad enough; I don't need 300 other currencies to grind at the same time. I've been playing far too long to deal with crap like that again.
    Tbh you're exactly the kind of person(no offense) who made blizzard turn this game on its' head. Atm I don't feel I'm achieveing ANYTHING no matter what I do. In PvP you might feel like achieving a lot at one point, but that's not even fun anymore, the arena & rbg thing is way too limited. I wish they would actually give us some harder quests, some tougher zones(and darker!), so that for once we could actually feel like we're achieving something in this game.

Edit: Oh, and:
    Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    I might quit?

I've not had 50k in my entirety of playing (not all at once).
    Then you'd have to save up for loads and loads, which is EXACTLY OP's point. I don't think they should make it so you need to farm for 3 months, but I really think they should give us a 50k cost for next expansion's flying skill, and give us cheaper mounts instead. I haven't had 50k at once either, but it's not even hard.(I got to 20k in like 2days in cata, 50k in MoP isn't hard) 50k would do so that only your main(or if you're rich, alts) would be able to fly, and you'd have to FARM FARM FARM! Again, we'd need something to farm. In Wotlk I farmed stuff like the essences of fire, so we should get more endgame items that require farming.
    Last edited by Xarnius; 2013-10-24 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    Tbh you're exactly the kind of person(no offense) that made blizzard turn this game on its' head. Atm I don't feel I'm achieveing ANYTHING no matter what I do. In PvP you might feel like achieving a lot at one point, but that's not even fun anymore, the arena & rbg thing is way too limited. I wish they would actually give us some harder quests, some tougher zones(and darker!), so that for once we could actually feel like we're achieving something in this game.
    You meant that to offend.

You state it as a fact, but I'd be on his side, not yours. The reason you don't feel like you're achieving anything in WoW is because WoW is a game. You're probably bored of it, but you don't want to admit it, and you blame every minute little change in the game for your bordem. You pressure the devs into reneging on promises to the community which in turn hurt the subscriber base and you still aren't happy with the game. I hope Blizzard stops batting an eyelash at people like you so that you quit the game and leave it to the level headed players who are still capable of having fun without taking a big steaming crap on other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    My vote goes towards a no-flying continent/expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Another person missing the point. It's not about convenience/inconvenience. It's simply about the social community.
    Anyway it's too late for that.
    Yes because everybody on a ground mount running past eachother on a road somehow increases the social community. /facepalm.
    I have a very nice social experience in the game. Do you know how I accomplish that? I talk to people and then they talk back. That is how you improve a social community. No flying won't help. No mounts won't help. No removal of LFR or LFD won't help. The only thing that will help is people themselves being social.

There is nothing wrong with having flying mounts. Hell, I'd even be all for giving level 20's flying!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    Tbh you're exactly the kind of person(no offense) who made blizzard turn this game on its' head. Atm I don't feel I'm achieveing ANYTHING no matter what I do. In PvP you might feel like achieving a lot at one point, but that's not even fun anymore, the arena & rbg thing is way too limited. I wish they would actually give us some harder quests, some tougher zones(and darker!), so that for once we could actually feel like we're achieving something in this game.
    I love the people who feel like they aren't achieving anything in a video game. The World of Warcraft isn't here to make you feel better about yourself because you farmed 50k gold for flying. If you want to achieve something I suggest you turn off your computer and get out into the real world.

WoW is nothing but a big time sink and provides some entertainment and should be treated as such.