Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    If you made flying cost 50k, it would barely inconvenience a tiny number of people, and it would piss off the other 98% of players.

Sounds like a terrific idea.

On the other hand, if you locked it behind a terrible 60 day grind, like, say, Son of Molten Front, it would piss off 100% of players. Maybe that's what you were going for.

Flying makes a game where travel is inconvenient less inconvenient. But it doesn't actually make it convenient, because I personally find it a pain in the ass to get around in Pandaria now, with the obligatory weekly treasure runs at one corner and the obligatory raid coins in the center and the semi-useful "new" zone at the other corner, and no convenient way to travel between. Basically, taxi and AFK for 5-10 minutes, now, that there is SOME REALLY COMPELLING GAMEPLAY.
    The gold sellers would love this ideal, maybe that is the purpose of the post, to boost profits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Like your idea OP
    Of course you do.

How about the cost to fly is proportional to how much gold you have account wide. If you have 501-1,000 gold across your account, then it it costs 250 gold per toon. If it is 1,001-10,000 gold then it costs 2,500 gold. If it is 10,001-100,000 gold then it costs 25,000 gold. 100,001-500,000 gold (across all toons) then it costs 250,000 gold to buy flying. If you have over 500,001 gold to 2 million then every month you pay 1 million gold. More than that and you pay for everyone else who has less than 500 gold at a rate of 1 gold per day.

No. Honestly I *hate* these flying restrictions to begin with. I disliked MoP leveling and rushed through it on my main and don't even remember the story, I just wanted flying back more than anything. My alt is only 89 because I got most of it from Halloween buckets, pet trainer dailies, Halloween dailies, and doing each dungeon 1-2 times, with a little running around mining in Pandaria before I got annoyed with the no flying too much to even mine and kill rares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Discuss this idea.
    No. Frankly, I'm a good 50k in already as it is, given the number of post-60 toons I have and the flight training they bought. I've already done all the achieving I need to do for my flying mounts. It wouldn't feel like an accomplishment if I paid for something multiple times only to be told that if I want to use my shiny toys in the new expansion, I have to slog through another damn grind on top of all the other endgame grinds, never mind having to do it all over again if I want a max-level alt or two. If it costs any more than a relatively-trivial amount of gold like Northrend, Azeroth, and Pandaria flight did then world play can kiss my furry pandaren ass, I'll sit in a city and queue until the cows come home regardless of what goodies they put out there for max level.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I have 14+ alts so NTY.

There are better ways to make flying hard to get though. How about a rep grind? *evil laughter*
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

How about, instead of putting some retarded overly priced gold sink into flying, they give people a reason to use their flying mounts. Honestly, I only use mine for convenience of getting from point A to point B faster than a land mount. Other than that, I find them pointless and more a hindrance to actual gameplay then a benefit. Now if they went back to the days of TBC, when getting a flying mount meant access to max level areas, I'd like it more.

Deleted
    You should put gold sinks into things that aren't "required" to experience the content instead. Like the Yak.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    no they should remove flying mounts all together, they are in fact the biggest mistake blizzard ever made, and if they had the balls to do it the game would be alot better, sadly tehy are afraid that people will quit if they take away their precious mounts, but rest assured they know that flying mounts are an immersion killing abomination as stated by ghostcrawler so in their next game they wont make the same mistake again
    For me it kills immersion far more to be able to fly then suddenly "LOL you can't fly til level cap again for some reason that makes no sense." Leveling in Pandaria totally killed immersion for me, it made no sense that my powerful character suddenly couldn't fly. I didn't actually explore or appreciate the zones until 90.

The price increase wouldnt be efficient but something like a long quest chain for a couple of weeks could be nice. Perhaps everyone lost their ability to fly and forgot how to?
    To learn how to, u must learn all the flying mount species or something similar.

Or perhaps something like Order of the cloud serpent rep, but its gonna be enough to get exalted i.e with one character on your entire account.

This sounds like a horrible idea. Please never go and work for Blizzard.

There should be a faction tied with flying in the new expansion. At Friendly it costs 200,000g. At Honored it costs 180,000g. At Revered it costs 170,000g. At exalted it costs 150,000g. The faction should take a while to achieve exalted. 150,000g might seem a bit extreme but it can decrease over a time after the server does certain events and opens certain areas (similar to tot island). By the end of the expansion, flying will be something low like 20,000g. Also should be accountwide. 200,000g is not hard to get and will bring back a lot of grinding and selling and I think that will be fantastic. The auction house on my server is dead. People have too much money and dont care. Making something extremly hard to get will encourage people to save money.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. Some people work hard to get the flying mount(s) they have. Making them grind to use the thing they already grinded to get would make me and many others quit the game.

No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I'd have to start selling my goods and services at 10x the amount to make up for it.

This same idea has come up every Expansion since Wrath,

The problem is while it might work in the beginning, by the 2nd - 3rd patch its been knocked down by 3/4 of the price and everythings back to normal, then they start saying this same thing again for the next expansion.

Also another problem right now is people A) have a shit ton of gold, so the price would have to be ludacris to work, and B) Everyone is used to flying now, so taking it away until you can farm 500k gold to be able to fly again might not go down well.
    {◕ ◡ ◕}

Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    This same idea has come up every Expansion since Wrath,

The problem is while it might work in the beginning, by the 2nd - 3rd patch its been knocked down by 3/4 of the price and everythings back to normal, then they start saying this same thing again for the next expansion.

Also another problem right now is people A) have a shit ton of gold, so the price would have to be ludacris to work, and B) Everyone is used to flying now, so taking it away until you can farm 500k gold to be able to fly again might not go down well.
    Nah. I know plenty of people that is completely broke.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Lol almost everyone I knew back in TBC had the gold for flying as they dinged, or very soon after, Myself, I had the gold by around level 65 which was good being a druid ofcourse, as I could fly before the rest of the chumps

But anyway, I think it's a terrible idea, I see no valid reason to do this, I see alot of people in game at level 90 that haven't got Panda flying, So I think it's just fine.
    Ya I loved those days
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Dumbest thread of 2014.

Flying cost is fine as it is, there's no point to make more elite groups within areas of the game where it doesn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Do you remember years and years back.. when we didn't have electricity? I think they should increase the price of electricity 20 fold.... it is a privilege to have it!
    Sounds stupid, right?
    Now, think about that and also think about development!

Stop living in the past and join us in the present, headed for the future.
    i see your point.
    due to inflation electricity has gone up more than 20fold in price.
    flying should go up as well.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Nah. I know plenty of people that is completely broke.
    Exactly ! same here, some people seem to have endless pits of gold, and some are always broke, so what type of price would be acceptable in order to make it challenging for everyone to get flying ?

It would have to be some type of other currency p (e.g Timeless coin type thing)
    Last edited by Crableg; 2013-10-25 at 10:57 AM.
    {◕ ◡ ◕}

Shouldn't be anymore flying cost, i hate not being able to fly as i love to swoop down on the roads and between trees etc.... you don't like dont fly pretty simple. As for pvpers world pvp is joke anyways.. but if you must then beg blizzard to bring back that item that was data-mined that would dismount a person on mount.. long as pvp realm only.