Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    That would be really stupid, I still dont' see how it makes sense that we have to buy flying again every new expansion, if we already bought it, we already bought it, how about that.

And really? Months of daillies to get flying? That would be insane just for one character, nevermind alts, I have 11 alts between 85 and 90 and I know other people that do too, do you really expect us to be doing daillies for years just to get flying on our characters? I can safely say this is the worse idea I've ever heard.
    Last edited by mmoc1448edff70; 2013-10-25 at 10:59 AM.

Yes removing content or reinventing the wheel is better for gameplay let's remove hearthstones and 25 man raiding while were at it It makes people see the game more regardless of if it makes sense or not

The thread is pointless.
    OP, please, start reading what people are trying to tell you: FLYING WAS NOT THAT HARD TO GET IN BC. Period.
    It is already stupid enough to suddenly unlearn flying at the start of every new expansion for the sake of some asshats on pvp servers to have their fun @ ganking. Making flying uber-expensive or requiring mindless boring TI-like grind would be the worst thing Blizz implement in the game.

Dumbest thread off 2013^^

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I never was rich on 60, so took me around few weeks or so to get the very first flying mount, which was not an epic fast one but a slow blue wyvern. As for when i had the money for the max speed, i have no idea. I got it probably in two months maybe?
    I got my regular mount and didn't much give epic flying a second thought. All my efforts went into farming for raid mats and the sort.. Agi pots, health pots, mats for resist gear.. Whatever other free time I had went into PVP...

I didn't get epic flying until Sunwell Isle when getting gold became a cakewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    In BC, buying your flying mount was a milestone. These days, it's just part of the leveling experience.

Players are already used to flying. Taking it away at this point in the game or hiding it behind your suggested grind is absurd.

Your idea is terrible.
    This right here OP. Blizzard have watered the crap out of this game. Hell, you can kill anything on the hardest difficulty but all ya got is gear that is simple a different colour to someone who afk-ed through LFRs. I wish blizz had kept the sense of achievement in the game...they surely wouldn't be bleeding subs left right and centre if they had. I do not say they should have made the game harder and harder...just kept the feeling of achievement....
    WoW was a great game once...

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    This right here OP. Blizzard have watered the crap out of this game. Hell, you can kill anything on the hardest difficulty but all ya got is gear that is simple a different colour to someone who afk-ed through LFRs. I wish blizz had kept the sense of achievement in the game...they surely wouldn't be bleeding subs left right and centre if they had. I do not say they should have made the game harder and harder...just kept the feeling of achievement....
    OMG only a different color!? You should probably fill out a bug report so blizzard knows you got raid gear with LFR stats on it, you would be loosing 20-30 ilevels on every single piece of gear you get!!! I mean the performance of raid gear is so much better than LFR gear, I hope they replace that raid gear with LFR stats on it for you quickly because there is such a noticeable performance difference between LFR gear and Raid gear, especially Heroic raid gear. Go fill out a bug report right naow!

Make it as expensive as you'd like - it still won't change the fact that flying mounts are no longer required for anything except optional dailies and reps (and even then, it's just a convenience). I've leveled a character (slowly, over a long period of time) by doing JC dailies without moving outside SW, and when you can queue for everything from the comfort of [CURRENT CAPITAL CITY], it really spotlights how unnecessary to game play flying mounts truly are.

10+ Year Old Account
    This idea is invalidated by the fact that nowadays it's pretty easy to farm gold, unless you're "i have a life" kinda of fellow

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    unless you're "i have a life" kinda of fellow
    90% of the playerbase says hello!
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post

Then you'd have to save up for loads and loads, which is EXACTLY OP's point. I don't think they should make it so you need to farm for 3 months, but I really think they should give us a 50k cost for next expansion's flying skill, and give us cheaper mounts instead. I haven't had 50k at once either, but it's not even hard.(I got to 20k in like 2days in cata, 50k in MoP isn't hard) 50k would do so that only your main(or if you're rich, alts) would be able to fly, and you'd have to FARM FARM FARM! Again, we'd need something to farm. In Wotlk I farmed stuff like the essences of fire, so we should get more endgame items that require farming.
    e.g. once again that would DIScourage alts, the mistake they already made. Never going to happen.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    WoW was never difficult - unless you consider needles inconveniences as difficulty

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    This idea is invalidated by the fact that nowadays it's pretty easy to farm gold, unless you're "i have a life" kinda of fellow
    When did having a life become punishable

That's a terrible idea. You'd have all the gold-buying clowns flying around making it impossible for normal players to get profession mats.

15+ Year Old Account
    How about no?
    If YOU dont want to fly, why should everyelse be forced to it

And by ur name i feel that due to flying u used to gank ppl, sorry i ment to call it "world pvp", but cant anymore, terrible aint it?
    And if u needed to farm for MONTHS for 280% flying back in TBC u did it wrong, i had mine after 3weeks after i hit 70
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Being a druid, you mean all 2 gold flying cost?
    It was actually roughly 500g I believe for 60% flying for druids. (note: before wotlk when 60% increased to 150%)

Yeah....... how about a no. Bad idea, really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vouksh89 View Post
    If they did that, I probably would either just stop playing completely, or, at the most, sit in the city with nothing to do. I don't have the time, nor the willpower to grind reputations. Valor is bad enough; I don't need 300 other currencies to grind at the same time. I've been playing far too long to deal with crap like that again.
    Sweet! Way to kick casuals out of the game!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    Sweet! Way to kick casuals out of the game!
    And bankrupt Blizzard forcing WoW to become F2P and removal of servers completely

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    And bankrupt Blizzard forcing WoW to become F2P and removal of servers completely
    "But catering to hardcores will gain the game billions of subscriptions because players like to look up to hardcores."
    ^ That's the argument you'll get. I've heard it countless times.

Apparently the average player pays 15 bucks a month to watch people who don't have commitments outside of the game have fun. I love to log on after work and /worship players from the top raiding guild, and then place the fruits of my crafting professions on the AH for a substantial loss so that they can go raid some more while I cook dinner.

"Blah blah blah entitlement mentality".

IF Expecting a complete gaming experience in exchange for parting with your money, which happens to be the exact same amount of money as everybody else, regardless of your skill level, or amount of time available to commit to said game = sense of entitlement.

THEN Expecting the financial support of the entire player base in order to fund the development of exclusive content for you (but not them) just because they don't have as much spare time to spend playing WoW = ????

(Also, because a casual player takes longer to progress through the content, a casual player ACTUALLY PAYS MORE FOR THE EXACT SAME CONTENT, than a hardcore player who has it all down the same week it comes out)
    If the obvious fallacies behind the "special snowflake" arguments don't stop them from existing in the first place, I think every thread of the nature should be auto-closed because there's really nothing to debate. There's no getting through to them.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2013-10-26 at 06:00 PM.

Getting epic flying in BC wasn't difficult, and it didn't take months. It took me about a week or a little more if I remember right to get epic flying on both my 70's back then just denching craftable JC rings and necks and AH'ing the mats, all it took was farming ore.

Even in vanilla it wasn't too difficult getting epic riding using enchanting, back then there was no skill level requirement to dench items, we'd all use level 1 alts to dench BoE's.