Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    How about no?
    If YOU dont want to fly, why should everyelse be forced to it

And by ur name i feel that due to flying u used to gank ppl, sorry i ment to call it "world pvp", but cant anymore, terrible aint it?
    And if u needed to farm for MONTHS for 280% flying back in TBC u did it wrong, i had mine after 3weeks after i hit 70

The game includes competition between players. Nobody will self-restrict themselves from convenience just because they disapprove of laziness.

You did not have to farm for months for mount in TBC. I was a new player and I got my mount within a week or so. Just do couple quests, leveling up always gives lot of gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    (Also, because a casual player takes longer to progress through the content, a casual player ACTUALLY PAYS MORE FOR THE EXACT SAME CONTENT, than a hardcore player who has it all down the same week it comes out)
    If the obvious fallacies behind the "special snowflake" arguments don't stop them from existing in the first place, I think every thread of the nature should be auto-closed because there's really nothing to debate. There's no getting through to them.
    I love this statement.

Yeahhh... No. If it was account wide, sure.

Epic flying in TBC was something totally new and the first time to achieve it. Sort of like epic mounts in vanilla. Once TBC rolled around they were far easier to obtain.
    After TBC flying lost its spot on "THIS IS TOTALLY AWESOME!$@!" Chair. It was just a feature that we had to keep paying for to use it in said area. No one really like having to pay gold each time around just to use a feature in a certain area. Yes it's been cheap to unlock it for a zone since wotlk. If it cost 50,000 Just to use the damn mount(s) you've had for years in the new zone(s) That'd be beyond stupid and just piss a lot of people off sorry.

A better idea would be adding another cool feature like epic flying for a gold sink. Like idk sailing or something along those lines I guess (Not saying Sailing should be a feature).

p.s Epic flying didn't take months if you knew what you were doing to make the gold(I Wasn't among those people though haha). Netherdrakes on the other hand took a bit if you couldn't farm eggs
    Last edited by Renx; 2013-11-05 at 04:26 PM.

Deleted
    A bit of perspective people

Flying was never a milestone in TBC. Only EPIC FLYING was a milestone, even then it was because you grinded 1 month doing repetitive crap. The only time a mount was a milestone was during Vanilla, that ended 6 years ago

I tell you what should be very expensive in the next expansion: PvP.

Yeah, PvP. It ruins PvE with its stupid skill balances and nerfs and I'm tired of it messing up how I think the game should be.

So to punish the people who dare to play in ways I don't like, they should be forced to do some arbitrary hoop-jumping driven by ludicrous amounts of in-game grind to do their stupid waste of dev resources thing I don't like.

Yeah, so every time you wanna attack another player in the open world? 100G.

For every level that player is under you? 100G.

Any time you wanna enter some PvP thing, Battleground/Arena/whatever? 100G.

Yeah, that sounds totally fair and balanced to me, someone who never PvP's at all! Now why isn't Blizzard listening to my sheer and utter brilliance? They'd get literally billions of subs back off my ingenious concept!

/satire

nah, should be instead like wotlk, flying not possible on first alt then on 2nd possible whilst leveling when purchasing tome or w/e

Months to get flying in TBC?

Sorry, but if it took months for you to get your flying skill then you probably didnt play that much.
    I had around 1k when TBC first came out, had around 3k when I hit 70, then just a few days of selling shit on AH and I got it.
    Last edited by Dominus89; 2013-11-05 at 05:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Months to get flying in TBC?

Sorry, but if it took months for you to get your flying skill then you probably didnt play that much.
    I had around 1k when TBC first came out, had around 3k when I hit 70, then just a few days of selling shit on AH and I got it.
    Normal flying didn't even cost 5000g

I don't think the problem with flying is with the accessibility of it, it's in the design. No matter how expensive or hard it is to get, once you have it you will fly over everything. They should either design the world to take better advantage of the 3D space or add a fatigue type feature to flying. Your mount can only fly for so long until it needs to rest. With this there is a possibility of adding higher tier flying that allows your mount to fly longer before resting or potions/spells that allow boosts to flying. These mechanics would keep us much closer to the ground and running on the ground from time to time and would have us using flight paths more frequently.

The only thing raising the price of flying to a absurd level would do is punish those people who dont have alot of gold for what reason? Not wanting to farm?. Then you would have those who have alot of gold having a massive advantage. I mean some people never get up to even 40 or 50k gold so they are to never fly i guess? No it wont happen and it shouldn't happen. I dont even understand the point of charging to learn the new flying when you hit max level. Just allow it to be learned when you hit max level and get rid of the outdated gold dump tax. The Black Market AH and Mounts,Vanity Items and crafted armor/weapons in the AH are the gold dump down. Sure alot of people have 300k+ but there are many more who are sub 30k. Heck i have a friend who only has 7k atm.

did we play different games? it was not hard to get enough gold.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Normal flying didn't even cost 5000g
    No, but epic did, who cares about normal?

I vote that you can only summon your flying mount after you've completed an LFR. After dismounting you must complete another one!

I do remember those horrible times... was not one of the good points of TBC.

Deleted
    Instead of being expensive gold wise make it time expensive? Make a quest chain of grinding like those in TBC and after 1 or 2 months, you get rewarded with the new flying stretch for that xpac! Or making hard to obtain coins that can't be purchased at the AH with gold to make them more valuable and more effort-rewarding to the people that are collecting them so that in less than a full month you can get your "flying here" license :P

Deleted
    It looks like flying in the next expansion is going to be delayed until first major patch - 6.1 and it's going to be gated after a long chain of quests. Thanks Blizzard for learning from your mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Thanks Blizzard for learning from your mistakes!
    I'll hold off on going that far until we actually see it. Heavily gating things was one of their biggest mistakes in Mists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    It looks like flying in the next expansion is going to be delayed until first major patch - 6.1 and it's going to be gated after a long chain of quests. Thanks Blizzard for learning from your mistakes!
    Patch 6.1-6.2 , Bashiok on forum after other 2 milions subscription lost : "we were soooo wrong , sorry , pleaaaaase come back ".

Perhaps, instead of taking things away we allready have, and afterwards giving them back, blizz could focus on creating new content? Why are pp thinking relearning our fying ability will somehow present us with new gameplay? Blizzard clearly stated they're removing the flying mounts in order to obtain a secondary objective; immersion. Also, getting back our flying ability shouldn't be hidden behind a long questing chain, or a huge gold amount. That' just irritating pp.

- - - Updated - - -

Come to think of it, maybe blizz could introduce some NEW gameplay elements, and create a longggg questing chain for those.... For instance, unlocking your garrizon.
    Last edited by rogas; 2013-11-17 at 11:28 AM.

Deleted
    What they create is a kind of BLACKMAIL feeling.

They stole my stuff , and then ask me to do something for them/ask money to give me BACK MY stuff.

Worst game designer in the world. Don't know who was him , but thinking that you should feel rewarded while being blackmailed , prove that he have his IQ lower then his shoe number.