Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post

You don't send in a tank on first orb? we were sending a tank in on first and second round of orbs.
    First tries i (dk) went in first round warrior second round.. as i said, first couple tries went smooth, when i started to fail, we did a switch, having the warrior go in first, but he encountered the same prob. while on the first tries, both of us didn't have any problems with the trial at all.
    What we do is as folows:

1st set : 2 dps go in we asign one to kill the big add first the other asigned to kill little adds forst this way the big adds are offset when they pop up. 1 healer and 1 tank are asigned to grab the orbs from teh bog adds.

2nd set) 1 tank 1 healer the same two that took the orbs normally healer goes down first.

3rd set) 2 dps same as 1

4th set) other tank other healer

Basically 1 and 2 get repeated. Normally makes it a very clean and fast kill. If at the end you are having issues with the big adds that spawn on the % you can just have a tank take them off to the side and off tank them so you don't need to soak any orbs!

This is our logs hope it can help in some way if you have any questions just PM me and I would gladly answer them
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...?s=5673&e=5970

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    not that tanks can't do it but It takes to long. .
    /Gasp!
    lol tanks can do it just fine specially wars! Just make sure they spell reflect the cast and go in with some burst CD's like DR and BB ready to go and pew pew pew!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    Our tank posted on some of the Blizz forums about it and never really got an answer other than the fight is glitchy. I do know that when you're in the test realm you're not supposed to take ANY damage from the real realm. At first we thought it was carryover from him having boss aggro (he would grab the boss at the start then head to the test), but even without touching the boss at all he would sometimes take that damage.
    We made sure everytime that the tank that went in didn' have aggro of the boss, coordinating on TS for taunts, so in our case it shouldn't be boss aggro, though everything is possible, i'll keep an eye out.

- - - Updated - - -

We also don't send tanks in on our normal progression, not that tanks can't do it but It takes to long. Try just having Dps and healers next time, you might find it easier.
    then who is absorbing the black orbs in your group? if anything, from what i've been reading, it's the healers that don't go in.. though we haven't tried that yet, we set it up so that everyone went in once. the first tries that seemed to work, got him to about 30%, but then we get massive damage and wipe, but i'm not concerned about that part atm, i want to figure out what is killing us tanks in the trial. because if we tanks die, we fail anyway, since when a battle res is cast, we end up with the 75% corruption again.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Odina, i'll have a look at your logs when i get home, and we're definately gonna try some other orb assignments.
    Has your group tried not sending in healers? since it seems alot of succesful groups are doing it that way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Odina, i'll have a look at your logs when i get home, and we're definately gonna try some other orb assignments.
    Has your group tried not sending in healers? since it seems alot of succesful groups are doing it that way.
    Yup posted above but we do Dps/DPS (offset who kills big add first) --> Tank + Healer -->dps/dps --> Tank+Healer

At the end when you are taking mass dmg at like 30% my guess that would be due to the big adds that spawn on the % base being killed and them droppign orbs and no one getting them fast enough. The easy way to negate that is have a tank grab them haul ass to a corner where healers can still heal them and offtank them (DO NOT KILL THEM) so that there is no cleaving taking them down while people focus the boss. This totaly removes the orbs for the end of the boss kill making life on healers way better and lets dps just Focus on boss.... you have to thake the position that if there is a posibility to cleave DPS will do it...there job is numbers and they love them and will get them anyway they can :P

We made sure everytime that the tank that went in didn' have aggro of the boss, coordinating on TS for taunts, so in our case it shouldn't be boss aggro, though everything is possible, i'll keep an eye out.

- - - Updated - - -

then who is absorbing the black orbs in your group? if anything, from what i've been reading, it's the healers that don't go in.. though we haven't tried that yet, we set it up so that everyone went in once. the first tries that seemed to work, got him to about 30%, but then we get massive damage and wipe, but i'm not concerned about that part atm, i want to figure out what is killing us tanks in the trial. because if we tanks die, we fail anyway, since when a battle res is cast, we end up with the 75% corruption again.

- - - Updated - - -

In terms of absorbs the next person in line to purify takes the orb. We do Dps x 2 to start and then Dps/ healer three times. So the first Dps in group 2 gets the first black orb from Dps 1 and the healer in group 2 gets the second. And so on. During the 50% no one goes in and a tank, tank, and one healer absorbs the 5 big guys( this way 2 healers maintain the buff). Key is just knowing your orde

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    Yup posted above but we do Dps/DPS (offset who kills big add first) --> Tank + Healer -->dps/dps --> Tank+Healer

At the end when you are taking mass dmg at like 30% my guess that would be due to the big adds that spawn on the % base being killed and them droppign orbs and no one getting them fast enough. The easy way to negate that is have a tank grab them haul ass to a corner where healers can still heal them and offtank them (DO NOT KILL THEM) so that there is no cleaving taking them down while people focus the boss. This totaly removes the orbs for the end of the boss kill making life on healers way better and lets dps just Focus on boss.... you have to thake the position that if there is a posibility to cleave DPS will do it...there job is numbers and they love them and will get them anyway they can :P
    I don't know about this, don't the adds do a raid wide nuke? I feel like you still need to kill at least 4 of the 5 adds at end or those nukes will gib your whole raid.

Wol for reference http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=1495&e=1837
    Last edited by Txiv; 2013-10-24 at 02:25 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about this, don't the adds do a raid wide nuke? I feel like you still need to kill at least 4 of the 5 adds at end or those nukes will gib your whole raid.

Wol for reference http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=1495&e=1837
    We just pull them off to the side and keep nuking the boss...if one dies due to cleave so be it but the orb dmg is way higher than the 50k pulse they do!

Case in point look at my dmg taken I was offtanking them. Burst of anger is the AOE dmg they do. Compare the 24 hits of that to the 15 of residual corruption... what would you rather take at the end of the fight?
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...0#tab-dmgspell

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll look out for getting damage from the real realm next time, i actually didn't think of that and didn't check that either.
    At the time we were only trying various things to prevent the damage of the trial, and trying to do it more perfect then perfect.
    Maybe a bit of tunnelvision on our part, good tip.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't send in a tank on first orb? we were sending a tank in on first and second round of orbs.
    First tries i (dk) went in first round warrior second round.. as i said, first couple tries went smooth, when i started to fail, we did a switch, having the warrior go in first, but he encountered the same prob. while on the first tries, both of us didn't have any problems with the trial at all.

@Odina, i'll start doing the log thing along with recording/fraps, it does make it alot easier, not only as proof, but to find the actual problem

I want to thank all of you guys already for the replies
    We do dps/dps, tank/dps, dps,healer, dps and done. The tank we send happens to be a warrior so he builds his vengeance before going in and spell reflects one of the bad spells.

I also have the highest range dps of the group so I solely focus on the big adds along with the tank at 50% and on. This leaves everyone else on the boss. We stun the last one at 10% and ignore it.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2013-10-24 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen this problem but as a brewmaster I usually have him dead before the second interruptable spell even happens.

A weird thing that happened to us on our last kill was we had a residual corruption out at like 25% boss health that no one could find, we think we killed the big add like right on top of the boss and people were running underneath him trying to pop the void zone but it wouldn't go. We looked all around for the darn thing. Killed the boss anyway but took way more damage than we should have. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    We just pull them off to the side and keep nuking the boss...if one dies due to cleave so be it but the orb dmg is way higher than the 50k pulse they do!

Case in point look at my dmg taken I was offtanking them. Burst of anger is the AOE dmg they do. Compare the 24 hits of that to the 15 of residual corruption... what would you rather take at the end of the fight?
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...0#tab-dmgspell
    I don't understand this, just cleave down the add and when it's low have someone stand beneath it to auto soak. You won't even get 1 pulse and won't have do deal with the adds aoe nukes or smashing the off tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    I've never seen this problem but as a brewmaster I usually have him dead before the second interruptable spell even happens.

A weird thing that happened to us on our last kill was we had a residual corruption out at like 25% boss health that no one could find, we think we killed the big add like right on top of the boss and people were running underneath him trying to pop the void zone but it wouldn't go. We looked all around for the darn thing. Killed the boss anyway but took way more damage than we should have. LOL.
    I've seen the orb sometimes spawn like under the boss or something, like where you can't hit it or see it; I think it's spawning in the layer that has the test realm (presuming the test area is a different layer of that room).