Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Getting the disc priest through the trial would be great, their atonement healing will be crippled otherwise.
    This. Why do people ignore the healer tests? There's literally 0 cost if you do it like this:

1. Healer 1 + DPS
    2. Tank 1 (soaks to 100% first) + DPS
    3. Tank 2 (soaks to 100% first) + Healer 2
    4. DPS
    5. DPS
    6. DPS
    7. DPS
    8. Tank 1 (should be at 100%)

Once you hit 50%, stop sending DPS down. Don't send too many DPS down at once or adds will overwhelm you. Tanks should be the only ones soaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Getting the disc priest through the trial would be great, their atonement healing will be crippled otherwise.
    Disc should be one of the first people you send down since you're basically taking away their #1 heal by not doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

We've had no trouble with this fight since I split the orbs up.
    One orb is for healer/tank/healer/tank (2 healer group).
    The other orb is for all dps, starting with the highest and working down, unless we have melee which I send in first so they can stay on boss.
    We can send 5 dps in to the orbs in the time it takes the 4 healer/tank group as the dps are in there for less time. We don't bother sending in the 6th dps and leave him on big add duty.
    This also means you only deal with one set of adds at a time.
    Range dps concentrate on the adds and interrupt them. Off-tank will nuke them too when no big add is up. We don't bother worrying about the Expel Corruption too much.
    The one other thing we do is to stack so that the AoE healing is covering everyone. More important as the AoE damage ramps up.

our rotation for orbs is DPS x2 , DPS /tank , DPSx2 , Tank/heals

If boss is still above 50% then the first tank and another heals go in . No one goes into orbs when boss is below 50%

One of the DPS that uses the first orbs tunnels the boss ( usually me and I throw in multishot and barrage as well to help a bit with adds )

Since we have done it this way we haven't wiped except for cases when a healer DCs or some other form of bad luck

I see a lot of good ideas here, so I'm just throwing our tactic in the mix. We let 2 dps, 1dps + 1 healer x3, then tanks if we are still above 50 %. Everyone soaks a black orb before getting cleansed in the other realm and after 50% and BL we let healers and tanks soak the black orbs. Our group is good with adds, so that has never been a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Entarium View Post
    Windwalker is mainspec healer!
    No healer tests
    tank dps
    dps tank
    dps dps
    tank dps
    tank whenever

i think #3 could be a thing, what do you mean buffing the boss
    Why would you ever send in a tank? Tank-trial is the hardest to survive..

We use following setup:
    dps 1 & dps 2, both go in at pull
    dps 3 & dps 4, soak one each and go in
    dps 5 & healer 1, soak one each and go in
    <tanks soak one each>
    healer 2 soak to 100 and go in
    healer 3 soak to 100 and go in

healers take turn to soak one at a time, going in at 100 if needed.

We bloodlust at 20%
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-10-25 at 12:20 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Why would you ever send in a tank? Tank-trial is the hardest to survive..

We use following setup:
    dps 1 & dps 2, both at 75
    dps 3 & dps 4, both at 100
    dps 5 & healer 1, both at 100
    healer 2 at 100
    healer 3 at 100
    healer 1 at 100
    healer 2 at 100
    healer 3 at 100

We bloodlust at 20%
    The tank trial is easy to survive and has less repercussions than sending a DPS in as far as releasing adds. As long as the tank moves out of Titanic Smash and interrupts Hurl Corruption there is essentially no reason that they should have any trouble surviving. (And it allows us to have our tanks soak all of the corruption)

Quote Originally Posted by Omenien View Post
    The tank trial is easy to survive and has less repercussions than sending a DPS in as far as releasing adds. As long as the tank moves out of Titanic Smash and interrupts Hurl Corruption there is essentially no reason that they should have any trouble surviving. (And it allows us to have our tanks soak all of the corruption)
    Exactly. Tank trial is not that hard once they get used to it.
    Also means no-one except tanks (and maybe a melee) should be moving from AOE heals, making things so much easier.

But, it all comes down to what works for the group. As I already posted, we only send 1 dps in at a time which makes the adds much easier to control in the real room. Having 2 dps going in at a time was just causing us to have to handle double adds and giving us no benefit.