Deleted

Are weapons important for Enha?

Hey guys, In monday I dinged lvl 90 with my shaman and I am currently playing enha with 498 ilvl and i have one hander from timeless isle(476ilvl) and I want to ask if weapon dmg is really important for us. I mean will i see a good difference in dmg if I replace it with 502/516 ilvl weapons or should I rather aim to change my trinkets or other gear?

My armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aziral/simple

Weapons are a huge dps increase for all melee, and on equal footing will be larger than equivalent trinket upgrades
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Went from a 530 MH to Seismic Bore (WF), mega increase in Damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Weapons are a huge dps increase for all melee, and on equal footing will be larger than equivalent trinket upgrades
    Pretty much this. Some melee more so than others, but if it's anything but the smallest of item level upgrades you'll definitely notice the difference.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Yes. Mostly because of the Weapon Damage, not the stat increase (agi,mastery, haste). Enhancement shaman do a lot of pure white (melee) damage and abilities like Stormstrike and Lavalash do damage as % of Weapon Damage. This applies to other melee classes as well.

Weapons are probably the biggest update a melee can have, with trinkets coming in second. For casters its usually the other way around, trinkets coming first.

Why wouldnt it be good! Weapon is pretty much always the best dps upgrade.
    ESPECIALLY as melee.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wepon>trinkets>sets>offsets>visuals
    here you go full priority list

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Deleted
    Thats exactly what I was looking for, I havent played melee dps(just DK tank) pretty much since beginning of WOTLK, so I wasnt sure for what I should aim right now. Thank you guys.

More white dmg, more stats, more AP, and it buffs your spells, like stormstrike (380% of weapon dmg), so yep. Weapons are super important

In case nobody has specified yet, you want higher ilvls and the slowest wpns possible, generally 2.60 speed

So important I'm using a Tanking Str/Parry axe just cause it has 1500 more weapon dps than my ToT reg ones...

Oh how I hate RNG.

On the plus note...my GM says it boggles his mind that it is an increase, but he keeps threatening to remove me from guild so I don't embarrass the guild in public