Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    god awful game design decisions. have to draw the line somewhere.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    awwwwwww, I'll have to kill somebody to feel manly again now
    So does her boyfriend, goddamn lol.

    Hope he sexes her well enough to justify taking her away from WoW for cuddles!

  3. #183
    Field Marshal Foolsname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Descent of Madness
    Posts
    59
    I love raiding. Used to do 25HC in wotlk. Now my connection sucks and I can't perform at all even in normal raids due to important tactics and my lagging. That's why LFR is very important for me, there I can see the content anyway.(because if I happen to fail due to lagspike (which I get a lot) the boss will most likely fall anyway) I sure do miss hc raiding but there is only this 1 crappy internet connection available where I live, so, huzzah for the possibility to do LFR! ( I still find myself on top 3 dps always, makes me proud)

  4. #184
    I have a job with inconsitent work hours therefore, i cant stay in a guild with a scheduled raid times and pugs require strict ilvl

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Simple Thread - Why don't you raid the harder difficulties?

    Recently, a point has been raised that the most casual form of raiding (LFR) takes the longest to complete when compared against flexible and normal. A structured group can clear the other easier difficulties in a much quicker time frame reaping far greater rewards.

    So, why don't you partake in structured raiding?

    Can you not commit to any form of schedule, be it a small commitment or large?
    Are you not interested in the harder difficulties in a game?
    Can you not find other players to raid with?
    Are you afraid of, or personally not good enough to participate in the harder difficulties?
    Do the rewards, and the prospect of a stronger character not interest you?

    This thread may not be applicable to you, but feel free to discuss.
    Question one pretty much hits the nail on the head. I'm not a teenager anymore, I'm not a kid in college. I've many real life commitments that take priority over a game. I don't have the kind of time/dedication to reliably do normal mode raiding or higher.

    Question two: Truth be told, no I'm not really interested at all in the harder difficulties of Normal/Heroic. Flex is just right for me and my guild. Even if we all end up in 548s by the end of it, I highly doubt any of us will be interested in going to Normal.

    Question three: I raid with a reliable group of 9 others, thankfully with Flex we no longer have to turn people away and raiding has become infinitely more fun letting people come and go as they please during our scheduled Flex night.

    Question four: Not sure what kind of question this is. Why would I be afraid of polygons hitting me harder? I certainly feel that I could easily go back to normal mode raiding if I had the kind of free time I did as a teenager or college student.

    Question five: A stronger character would be more interesting to me if it wasn't the end of the expansion. As it is though, whatever gear I get from any difficulty will be replaced within a few levels of the next expansion (minus the heirloom weapon) so it certainly isn't appealing enough to make me want to force it to happen.

  6. #186
    I live in Africa, Nuff said? No jokes, I used to raid pretty well in Wotlk with my own guild, 25man naxx cleared. Then moved onto HC raiding after that. Firelands was the last Raid I did HC, got rag down 10man hc.. I think prenerf ( nerf meaning the raid buffing I think ). Currently use 3g internet.. therefore stable.. lag for 30seconds.. stable.. lag.. stable for a few minutes, dc... stable.. lag.. dc. RAGE..

    I'd love to go back to HC raiding, but it will never be the same as raiding in Wotlk.. just isnt fun anymore.

    Proudest moment I can recall from raiding, doing the safety dance.. as a Holy pala.. NO not standing on the platform, actually running.. wait for it.. with 800-900 ms!

  7. #187
    I've committed time in BC and WOTLK, it was fun, but also time consuming. All I wanted was to see the new boss and lore, but couldn't cause we had to overcome gear checks and people taking too long to learn mechanics first. It was like watching a movie with someone and having to teach them English every time. Now I watch my movies alone in a timely manner .

  8. #188
    I think OP severely underestimates how much time actually goes into preparation for a raiding guild.

    Also, I DID raid in a heroic guild during WotLK and Cata. I worked at my job 0700 to 1800 and then came home, started prepping for raid, and ordered a pizza from Papa John's online. During boss pulls I would run to the door, pay the guy, and stuff my face. Did that routine two to three days a week for several months. Granted, that was a lot of fun and many memories were had. But that shit burns you out hard, and you FEEL like shit too. Fuck that.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Can you not commit to any form of schedule, be it a small commitment or large?
    I usually come home from work after 19:00, then I like to spend time with my wife and have dinner. Around 23:00 I go to bed.

    I enjoy my wife much more than WoW, so I don't want to commit to two or three raidnights per week.

    In addition, structured raiding requires a considerable time-investment outside raidhours - to gather consumables, farm coins, study patch notes and guides, etc.

    I raided heroic in WotLK, and a little in Cata. Great fun, but too time-consuming for me now. Flex is great, though - I can raid one night per week, make good progress, and it's difficult enough to be interesting.

  10. #190
    My main thing is schedule, but most of those points excluding the 4th item are my main reasons.

  11. #191
    Epic! Miuku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    1,630
    Used to heal during vanilla and TBC but stopped during LK after Ulduar simply because the healing turned into nothing but AOE spam fest and it has been the same ever since and removing things like chain potting and spell downranking made it extremely dull.

    Cataclysm turned it into cheap spell spamming which literally killed any interest I had in raiding "seriously".
    :: We are cows - proud and true. Come on Tauren - Moo Moo Moo!

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by lando627 View Post
    I think OP severely underestimates how much time actually goes into preparation for a raiding guild.

    Also, I DID raid in a heroic guild during WotLK and Cata. I worked at my job 0700 to 1800 and then came home, started prepping for raid, and ordered a pizza from Papa John's online. During boss pulls I would run to the door, pay the guy, and stuff my face. Did that routine two to three days a week for several months. Granted, that was a lot of fun and many memories were had. But that shit burns you out hard, and you FEEL like shit too. Fuck that.

    No, i don't underestimate this as i am in a heroic raiding guild - This thread was to gather the consensus of why a mass of people no longer want to / feel the need to.

    I work full time myself, have a relationship and a social life. Its all manageable for me personally.

  13. #193
    I work 60 hours during the week, and not too many guilds on my server raid exclusively on the weekends.

  14. #194
    i dont raid at all atm
    My SoundCloud.
    Take a look and comment!

  15. #195
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    721
    I raid 2 raid two times per week and I love it. In a group with old friends from different guilds and we got decent progress working on malkorok hc atm.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Used to heal during vanilla and TBC but stopped during LK after Ulduar simply because the healing turned into nothing but AOE spam fest and it has been the same ever since and removing things like chain potting and spell downranking made it extremely dull.

    Cataclysm turned it into cheap spell spamming which literally killed any interest I had in raiding "seriously".
    +1 for this. started healing in MOP as holy pala again.. wtf.. where was the single target healing gone? where is the "you holy pala, you heal the tank" or "MT healer this, holy priests and druids are raid healers etc"

    basically every healer is the same, we all have absorbs, we all have aoe, we all have single target.. ? SO MUCH VARIETY... wait no..

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    No, i don't underestimate this as i am in a heroic raiding guild - This thread was to gather the consensus of why a mass of people no longer want to / feel the need to.

    I work full time myself, have a relationship and a social life. Its all manageable for me personally.
    Cool, I guess I see no reason for me to reply then. You seem to be able to speak on behalf of the rest of the WoW players out there.

  18. #198
    Might be because people need to be geared, before anyone even wants them to participate in a flex, normal or heroic raid.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by lando627 View Post
    Cool, I guess I see no reason for me to reply then. You seem to be able to speak on behalf of the rest of the WoW players out there.
    I must be using words like "us" "all" "everyone"

    I didn't use "i" or "me" at all.

  20. #200
    Brewmaster Hiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    1,312
    cant commit to any form of schedule, be it a small commitment or large
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    - Remember STV? People had to go to the same netural camps to get quests... shit was serious -

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •