Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Normals and heroics are not worth it when the same gear is available through LFR.

Please don't attempt to bait people.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2013-10-27 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    Normals and heroics are not worth it when the same gear is available through LFR.
    Don't feed this guy.

I don't raid Normal/Heroic because I've never had the opportunity, I would love to however. I've just never been offered a spot on a raid team nor can i find a suitable one to join.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneHorizon2 View Post
    I don't raid Normal/Heroic because I've never had the opportunity, I would love to however. I've just never been offered a spot on a raid team nor can i find a suitable one to join.
    You'll rarely find random people to just ask you to join their raid, unless you've pugged along with a guild run or something and impressed them. It's kind of like looking for a job, potential employers aren't going to come up to you on the street and say "hey! I bet you're great at ____, join our company!"

You gotta put yourself out there, talk to people, question guilds about what they're doing and see if it fits for you. If it does, ask to raid with them.

The best times I've ever had in this game have been with a solid raiding group. You become friends over time, and it makes things so much more enjoybale.

I can only imagine that much of the hatred for raid groups and raiding in general is because a lot of people have never found that group that they fit in and mesh with to make it enjoyable. There are a lot of raid groups out there filled with idiots and others filled with assholes. But finding that one where you genuinely enjoy yourself makes raiding a whole new environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Don't feed this guy.
    Well he is right. The gear differential is notre an incentive to do normals.

You'll rarely find random people to just ask you to join their raid, unless you've pugged along with a guild run or something and impressed them. It's kind of like looking for a job, potential employers aren't going to come up to you on the street and say "hey! I bet you're great at ____, join our company!"

You gotta put yourself out there, talk to people, question guilds about what they're doing and see if it fits for you. If it does, ask to raid with them.

The best times I've ever had in this game have been with a solid raiding group. You become friends over time, and it makes things so much more enjoybale.

I can only imagine that much of the hatred for raid groups and raiding in general is because a lot of people have never found that group that they fit in and mesh with to make it enjoyable. There are a lot of raid groups out there filled with idiots and others filled with assholes. But finding that one where you genuinely enjoy yourself makes raiding a whole new environment.
    This is so untrue.

Everytime when I was unguilded, I got offers to join raid guilds in 5-man dungeons and heroics. It was very easy to get into raiding.

Even doing LFR, I got an offer from raid guild on another server.

If you do not have a guild tag and you are a good player, you should be getting offers from raid guilds. If not, perhaps you can strive to play better.

And similarly, when I saw some awesome player in a 5-man, I used to encourage them to apply to my guild and then vouch for their talent when their application was being discussed in the guild forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Well he is right. The gear differential is notre an incentive to do normals.
    So LFR is all about getting purples, then? If that's what you're into, more power to you.

I play for the enjoyment, team work and strategy of Normal/HM bosses. Gear is just a tool to help with that.

So LFR is all about getting purples, then? If that's what you're into, more power to you.

I play for the enjoyment, team work and strategy of Normal/HM bosses. Gear is just a tool to help with that.
    Well for many players, just killed the last boss and getting his loot is enough. Not everyone cares what difficulty it is done on. If I said that i had played through diablo 3, people would expect me to have just completed normal, not to have done inferno. Harder difficulty =/= new content.

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    This is so untrue.

Everytime when I was unguilded, I got offers to join raid guilds in 5-man dungeons and heroics. It was very easy to get into raiding.

Even doing LFR, I got an offer from raid guild on another server.

If you do not have a guild tag and you are a good player, you should be getting offers from raid guilds. If not, perhaps you can strive to play better.

And similarly, when I saw some awesome player in a 5-man, I used to encourage them to apply to my guild and then vouch for their talent when their application was being discussed in the guild forums.
    I suppose you're right. His experience is just something he made up. I'll keep that in mind next time I attempt to offer some helpful advice.

Maybe I should have worded it like this: "omg lul u must b bad gildz will ask 4 u to join duh"

Fuck all those apps I filled out, I should have just joined that guy in LFR who was pulling 40k DPS and asked me to join his guild. I'm sure they're a great group of raiders!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Well for many players, just killed the last boss and getting his loot is enough. Not everyone cares what difficulty it is done on. If I said that i had played through diablo 3, people would expect me to have just completed normal, not to have done inferno. Harder difficulty =/= new content.
    Easier difficulty =/= new content.

I enjoy raiding more difficult bosses. Is there something wrong with that?

As many others have said already, it is not being "unable" to commit to a schedule that keeps me from raiding higher than flex.
    It is being "unwilling" to commit to a schedule. To plan my playtime on what others decide.
    I want to be able to do whatever I feel like (within the options I have) at any given moment.
    If I want to drop off the face of Azeroth for a month, I want to be able to do that without having to worry about what it looks like when I come back.

I play exclusively for my own fun and enjoyment, and my friends/guildies that I occasionally play with, are the same.

I want to be able to stop farming x boss once I get y loot I wanted from him. To not bother farming consumables and leaving my raiding by the wayside if I feel a bit drained from work one particular week, without my next week then being harmed by it.
    I want to play whichever of my army of chars I feel like any given day, without having to worry that "I need to tank the raid tonight" or "tomorrow's raid needs a healer".

I had enough of the responsability of a raider when I was raiding in BC and Wrath. I do not miss it one tiny little bit.
    It was tons of fun to put ourselves to the test week after week against the hardest stuff the game had to offer, and be rewarded with prestige and powerful characters when we secured yet another server first, but as the game changed, so did I, and I do not enjoy that kind of stuff anymore.

So thank god it is no longer the only way to raid! LFR and flex came at a perfect time and dealt with my changing needs effectively.
    As it is now, there is absolutely nothing for me in normal/heroic that I care about, or cannot get elsewhere.
    Exactly the way I want it. I raided without really wanting to, for enough years already.

Easier difficulty =/= new content.

I enjoy raiding more difficult bosses. Is there something wrong with that?
    Absolutely not, so do I. But not everyone is like that. My mate recently got those 7 days free, leveled his char to 90, did all bosses available on LFR and then uninstalled the game. As he said: "I had done all the endgame PVE content). I naturally asked him if he did not wanna try normal, in which he responded: "Why should i wanna do the same stuff again on a harder difficulty? I don't like multiple playthroughs of the same content".

Raiding three nights a week is inconvenient when you have a girlfriend, a kid, and a job. Even more so when you decided to go back to school on top of all that. I may have time to sit on my ass for three hours, but I can't promise that every week, and certainly not at the times most people raid.

Also, I've been in many raiding guilds. I'm still friends with basically no one from those guilds. I have little tolerance for the office politics and cliques that form in those guilds. I haven't been in high school in more than a decade, I don't need to deal with that crap on a daily basis. I used to run my own casual group through normal modes, but most of those people have left. Hell, I've left and come back several times. If LFR didn't exist, I wouldn't bother raiding at all. I might not even play.

I don't play right now.
    I wish LFR would go away. Part of the thrill is working up to something--trying at it for a week or two--and finally downing it.
    Now, raiding is bite-sized - and it genuinely cheapens the experience.

I still miss "raiding". Not Normal/Hard/LFR - Raiding.

Don't really like committing to a schedule. Even though there's a 99% chance I'll be playing anyway, just something about it makes me feel uncomfortable.
    One cannot simply quit wow his way into Mordor.

simple. i work till 11pm 4 days a week, when i get off, i hit the bong and PvP because it is funner. the other 3 nights im off I have a life and dont spend it zombied on a computer QQ'ing about strats and "zomg wur mah purple gearz at yo"

Can you not commit to any form of schedule, be it a small commitment or large? No, I can't I am online almost every evening but 90% of that time is spent afking because I have to do something irl, basically, do a pet battle, go afk for 10 mins, post some auctions, be interrupted by a family member needing me, afk for 30 mins. That doesn't work with raiding guilds.
    Are you not interested in the harder difficulties in a game? IMHO lfr is significantly harder than a coordinated guild run. I've been healing my guild's progress on heroic ragnaros. It is a complete joke compared to carrying a lfr raid as a healer.
    Can you not find other players to raid with? Plenty, but no time
    Are you afraid of, or personally not good enough to participate in the harder difficulties? Not applicable.
    Do the rewards, and the prospect of a stronger character not interest you? Currently there are no interesting rewards, no. The only worthy raid reward in wow that was attractive to me was the ashes of alar mount. Offer something equally shiny as a reward and I will change my mind

Also, raiding teams generally equal whinefest and drama. I like my guildies but I think the main reason I like them is because as a social I get to skip all of their whining and drama. Worth it!
    Last edited by Snaige; 2013-10-27 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    I don't play right now.
    I wish LFR would go away. Part of the thrill is working up to something--trying at it for a week or two--and finally downing it.
    Now, raiding is bite-sized - and it genuinely cheapens the experience.

I still miss "raiding". Not Normal/Hard/LFR - Raiding.
    If you don't like LFR, don't do it. If you're such a delicate flower that the mere existence of other modes sends you to the fainting couch, well, go ahead and stay gone.

I got tired of saying something weak after weak and people still failing to get the point and fix it. I wasn't a healing class officer for shits and giggles I knew what I was talking about and you refused to do it week after week, and wonder why your always out of mana and always bottom on the healing meter by miles.

For me, another factor is: I absolutely can't stand doing things half-heartedly.
    Either do it right, or don't do it at all. No inbetween. Which is why I quit raiding back at the end of TBC alltogether when my guild decided to go more casual.

At the moment I don't have the time to commit to a hardcore raiding schedule, but as soon as I would invest time into raiding, everything below striving for the highest achievable goals would feel like a waste of time.
    You also don't study every single day for an exam and then say: "If I pass, fine, if not, that's ok too." No it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Absolutely not, so do I. But not everyone is like that. My mate recently got those 7 days free, leveled his char to 90, did all bosses available on LFR and then uninstalled the game. As he said: "I had done all the endgame PVE content). I naturally asked him if he did not wanna try normal, in which he responded: "Why should i wanna do the same stuff again on a harder difficulty? I don't like multiple playthroughs of the same content".
    I wasn't suggesting everyone do harder content. I was simply stating why I do.

And as far as your friend, he seems that he would enjoy a single player game better. And that's not a bad thing, nor is it a rude suggestion. I'm just saying that someone who "beats the game" and is done isn't really the MMO type.