Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I want to be able to log off when I want or life wants.

Deleted
    First of all I raid to see the story which I might aswell do in LFR, then I dont like schedules in a hobby, also I dont see the point of doing the same thing in several difficulties, I'd prefer ONE raid like it used to be in the good old days

10+ Year Old Account
    my boyfriend get really whiny when i spend too much time playing WoW and not cuddling him.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

I don't want to find a guild. I don't want to go through the bullshit application process.

Also, t11 was the last time I raided. No one wants someone with no experience in current content.

Blizzard keeps making easier modes of raiding for people who don't raid, but I honestly feel that it's not the actual raids that are too hard, it's finding a group to do them with.

used to be a hardcore raider, i just dont have the time or patience anymore to raid ever since my new job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    my boyfriend get really whiny when i spend too much time playing WoW and not cuddling him.
    awwwwwww, I'll have to kill somebody to feel manly again now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Posted to you. But the advice is good for anyone.

As for your comment, people enjoy things at different levels. Some play video games to be challenged, some play to relax, some play to simply waste some time while waiting for something else in real life. No one is wrong in this. That's why lots of games have multiple levels of difficulty. Whether or not one enjoys LFR is personal, subjective and ideally not up for criticism by anyone else since it's a part of the game. I don't enjoy PVP but that doesn't mean I would ever make a blanket statement along the lines of if you take part in it you're no longer aiming to enjoy the game.

It's a big game and there are lots of ways to play it. Enjoy yours. Leave others alone unless they're breaking the rules.
    I don't know how you're reading my posts but i'm purposely using statements like "i believe" and "to me, at least" implying the opinion is mine and the statement is not blanket.

I agree on the subjectivity statements.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not much interest in the guild to setup a social group, so I stick to Flex for the time being.
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

Deleted
    My internet conection is not stable where i live atm, so cannot commit to fixed raidtimes since it may fuck up.

I used to raid somewhat seriously in vanilla (AQ40 and Naxx40) and I can't deny that it was a great feeling when a difficult boss finally went down. But often the best moment of a progression raid was when the leader said "raid over".

I do not raid Normal/Heroic anymore out of choice. I play mega casually now with my brother and a few friends doing LFR. We may do flex down the line. Just CBA doing the whole sign up to a guild set down raid times and full on prep for raids and hours of theorycrafting like i did when I was doing raids for most of wow.

One day I may decide to go back as I did love the challenge of raiding and the guild communities I was in. but at the moment im more than happy doing what im doing.

It's really my server. My guild was decently thriving at the start of the expansion, with doing MSV, little HoF and stuff, but come ToT we couldn't get a full rooster. Hell barley 5 people and the server we couldn't pug even if we wanted to.
    Flex has been really nice because can join up or host our own.
    Hopefully with Connected Realms, can get some new faces and start up normals. ^_^
    (I'm lucky I found a good guild that is casualcore. Two nights a week, 3 hours, no getting sit out and usually if say a Tank had to switch cause of a one tank fight; You could still roll on Tank gear for said fight insted of a limbo of "Oh, you're not DPS, but you're not Tank..SOL buddy")

I used to be a hardcore raider end of BC to Cata. Server first guild. Then I got married, had a kid, doing Jiu Jitsu a few days a week. Just don't have time or the patience like I used to.

Now its just log, some LFR, Do my weekly TK for Ashes. Kill a few things here and there, help a few friends out, and I'm out.

god awful game design decisions. have to draw the line somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    awwwwwww, I'll have to kill somebody to feel manly again now
    So does her boyfriend, goddamn lol.

Hope he sexes her well enough to justify taking her away from WoW for cuddles!

Deleted
    I love raiding. Used to do 25HC in wotlk. Now my connection sucks and I can't perform at all even in normal raids due to important tactics and my lagging. That's why LFR is very important for me, there I can see the content anyway.(because if I happen to fail due to lagspike (which I get a lot) the boss will most likely fall anyway) I sure do miss hc raiding but there is only this 1 crappy internet connection available where I live, so, huzzah for the possibility to do LFR! ( I still find myself on top 3 dps always, makes me proud)

I have a job with inconsitent work hours therefore, i cant stay in a guild with a scheduled raid times and pugs require strict ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Simple Thread - Why don't you raid the harder difficulties?

Recently, a point has been raised that the most casual form of raiding (LFR) takes the longest to complete when compared against flexible and normal. A structured group can clear the other easier difficulties in a much quicker time frame reaping far greater rewards.

So, why don't you partake in structured raiding?

Can you not commit to any form of schedule, be it a small commitment or large?
    Are you not interested in the harder difficulties in a game?
    Can you not find other players to raid with?
    Are you afraid of, or personally not good enough to participate in the harder difficulties?
    Do the rewards, and the prospect of a stronger character not interest you?

This thread may not be applicable to you, but feel free to discuss.
    Question one pretty much hits the nail on the head. I'm not a teenager anymore, I'm not a kid in college. I've many real life commitments that take priority over a game. I don't have the kind of time/dedication to reliably do normal mode raiding or higher.

Question two: Truth be told, no I'm not really interested at all in the harder difficulties of Normal/Heroic. Flex is just right for me and my guild. Even if we all end up in 548s by the end of it, I highly doubt any of us will be interested in going to Normal.

Question three: I raid with a reliable group of 9 others, thankfully with Flex we no longer have to turn people away and raiding has become infinitely more fun letting people come and go as they please during our scheduled Flex night.

Question four: Not sure what kind of question this is. Why would I be afraid of polygons hitting me harder? I certainly feel that I could easily go back to normal mode raiding if I had the kind of free time I did as a teenager or college student.

Question five: A stronger character would be more interesting to me if it wasn't the end of the expansion. As it is though, whatever gear I get from any difficulty will be replaced within a few levels of the next expansion (minus the heirloom weapon) so it certainly isn't appealing enough to make me want to force it to happen.

I live in Africa, Nuff said? No jokes, I used to raid pretty well in Wotlk with my own guild, 25man naxx cleared. Then moved onto HC raiding after that. Firelands was the last Raid I did HC, got rag down 10man hc.. I think prenerf ( nerf meaning the raid buffing I think ). Currently use 3g internet.. therefore stable.. lag for 30seconds.. stable.. lag.. stable for a few minutes, dc... stable.. lag.. dc. RAGE..

I'd love to go back to HC raiding, but it will never be the same as raiding in Wotlk.. just isnt fun anymore.

Proudest moment I can recall from raiding, doing the safety dance.. as a Holy pala.. NO not standing on the platform, actually running.. wait for it.. with 800-900 ms!

I've committed time in BC and WOTLK, it was fun, but also time consuming. All I wanted was to see the new boss and lore, but couldn't cause we had to overcome gear checks and people taking too long to learn mechanics first. It was like watching a movie with someone and having to teach them English every time. Now I watch my movies alone in a timely manner .