Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    To be fair, I do raid normal, and sometimes have success at it. I don't raid heroic because to be frank I've never been in a guild that could do heroic without it being nerfed (think Firelands/DS). Now at the cost of coming off like an arrogant ass, I think I could raid at the heroic level at high level (not anywhere near like Method or Blood Legion level of course, I mean more like US 100-200 level) if I was given the opportunity to do so, but that never happens because I don't get heroic experience (if I get any at all) or gear fast enough to be of use to those guilds or generally to even be noticed by them, and while I know not all of them do it I'd rather not feel "forced" to be online 4-5 nights a week for x many hours a day. I generally only log on for raids or if I'm just chilling with people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    To be fair, I do raid normal, and sometimes have success at it. I don't raid heroic because to be frank I've never been in a guild that could do heroic without it being nerfed (think Firelands/DS). Now at the cost of coming off like an arrogant ass, I think I could raid at the heroic level at high level (not anywhere near like Method or Blood Legion level of course, I mean more like US 100-200 level) if I was given the opportunity to do so, but that never happens because I don't get heroic experience (if I get any at all) or gear fast enough to be of use to those guilds or generally to even be noticed by them, and while I know not all of them do it I'd rather not feel "forced" to be online 4-5 nights a week for x many hours a day. I generally only log on for raids or if I'm just chilling with people.
    If you ever did choose to join a HM guild, the biggest part is selling yourself and showing that you're capable of milking your gear at whatever ilvl it may be (via logs, etc.). You can either join a guild that's half normal/half heroic, which is more likely to want or need you, and then gear up and move on (making your intentions known of course, nobody likes "that guy").

Trying to find a guild at the beginning of a tier when you're undergeared is usually not going to go very well, because they don't have the time to spend gearing you up. Come in right near the end of a tier, find a HM guild that has lost a raider or two, take their spot, let them carry you to prepare for the next tier. Again, you'd have to prove that you're capable of maximizing your potential for them to accept you, but as long as you can do that, at the end of a tier they'd usually be willing to carry you for gear to prep for the next tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    My boss is my GM
    Isn't this literally asking for troubles?

I don't raid normals or heroics because ever since the addition of guild leaders being stripped after 3 months of inactivity, it has switched to someone in our guild who's a complete cock.

-- The guy thinks he's badass even though he's a crap DPS and no legendary cloak. On his main, no less.
    -- He promoted his GF to co-leader and his bestest friends to officers, and demoted most of the other guildies to members.
    -- He raped the guild vault of 200,000 gold and most of the flasks and useful stuff that was for our old raid team. It came to the point where we had no gold to pay for guild repair bills.
    -- Despite not trying to recruit and pissing off a lot of the old raiders, he still expects to try and put together a 10 man raid group. With only one tank (me) and no healers.

Back to the question at hand, I can't raid because I can't tank anymore. By that I mean I now suck at tanking because I haven't tanked since Cataclysm. Honestly, I couldn't even tank Mogushan when it was current content. So I only have a tank spec when me and friends wanna do old content or whatever. So I'm kinda stuck with Retribution spec atm, which no one wants.

I only stick around this guild because of the perks. Should a melee DPS spot open up in another guild then I'm game.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    I don't raid normals or heroics because ever since the addition of guild leaders being stripped after 3 months of inactivity, it has switched to someone in our guild who's a complete cock.
    You should run, not walk, away from that guild. Set a positive example for other guild members who are also thinking of leaving.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You should run, not walk, away from that guild. Set a positive example for other guild members who are also thinking of leaving.
    But that's the point of the last stretch of my post -- I can't. I don't have any other guild to go to because no one wants a Ret paladin or are willing to bring an inexperienced tank. So I just bide my time and enjoy the free perks and guild repairs until a situation I can agree with comes up, be it a spot in another guild for a melee DPS or otherwise.

Oh and, if there were any guildies left to set an example for, then fair enough. But most have already left.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    But that's the point of the last stretch of my post -- I can't. I don't have any other guild to go to because no one wants a Ret paladin or are willing to bring an inexperienced tank. So I just bide my time and enjoy the free perks and guild repairs until a situation I can agree with comes up, be it a spot in another guild for a melee DPS or otherwise.

Oh and, if there were any guildies left to set an example for, then fair enough. But most have already left.
    You're not raiding anyway. Go to another guild that's has a Flex casual team, and make yourself available for their main raid as a benchwarmer. It's going to be better than what you have now, which is a guild that's never going to go anyway. Your current guild is doomed; the only question is how much time you're going to waste there before you realize it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I did scheduled raiding back in Wrath, don't really want to commit to something like that again.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Mostly guild drama abauth loot or geting left out on XXX fight. This is why i like flex. I kinda wish they would make same with normal raiding (and they could return 40 man raids also).
    Only problem with 40 man raids today, is that they would require high end super expensive computers with wow's poor coding, with the much better spell effects and environment details we have today. Sadly. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You're not raiding anyway. Go to another guild that's has a Flex casual team, and make yourself available for their main raid as a benchwarmer. It's going to be better than what you have now, which is a guild that's never going to go anyway. Your current guild is doomed; the only question is how much time you're going to waste there before you realize it.
    I don't believe any guilds on my server currently have a flex casual team. The server (Bloodhoof EU) is only medium populated, with only 1/3 or it being Horde. Most of the guilds are either Normal / Heroic, or are only recruiting healers and tanks (sometimes ranged dps like Warlock or Shaman). But I'll take a look in a few hours time when it gets more active.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Simple: I just can't be bothered to deal with a raiding guild.
    My reason exactly.

Normals and heroics are not worth it when the same gear is available through LFR.

Please don't attempt to bait people.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-10-27 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    Normals and heroics are not worth it when the same gear is available through LFR.
    Don't feed this guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't raid Normal/Heroic because I've never had the opportunity, I would love to however. I've just never been offered a spot on a raid team nor can i find a suitable one to join.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneHorizon2 View Post
    I don't raid Normal/Heroic because I've never had the opportunity, I would love to however. I've just never been offered a spot on a raid team nor can i find a suitable one to join.
    You'll rarely find random people to just ask you to join their raid, unless you've pugged along with a guild run or something and impressed them. It's kind of like looking for a job, potential employers aren't going to come up to you on the street and say "hey! I bet you're great at ____, join our company!"

You gotta put yourself out there, talk to people, question guilds about what they're doing and see if it fits for you. If it does, ask to raid with them.

The best times I've ever had in this game have been with a solid raiding group. You become friends over time, and it makes things so much more enjoybale.

I can only imagine that much of the hatred for raid groups and raiding in general is because a lot of people have never found that group that they fit in and mesh with to make it enjoyable. There are a lot of raid groups out there filled with idiots and others filled with assholes. But finding that one where you genuinely enjoy yourself makes raiding a whole new environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Don't feed this guy.
    Well he is right. The gear differential is notre an incentive to do normals.

You'll rarely find random people to just ask you to join their raid, unless you've pugged along with a guild run or something and impressed them. It's kind of like looking for a job, potential employers aren't going to come up to you on the street and say "hey! I bet you're great at ____, join our company!"

You gotta put yourself out there, talk to people, question guilds about what they're doing and see if it fits for you. If it does, ask to raid with them.

The best times I've ever had in this game have been with a solid raiding group. You become friends over time, and it makes things so much more enjoybale.

I can only imagine that much of the hatred for raid groups and raiding in general is because a lot of people have never found that group that they fit in and mesh with to make it enjoyable. There are a lot of raid groups out there filled with idiots and others filled with assholes. But finding that one where you genuinely enjoy yourself makes raiding a whole new environment.
    This is so untrue.

Everytime when I was unguilded, I got offers to join raid guilds in 5-man dungeons and heroics. It was very easy to get into raiding.

Even doing LFR, I got an offer from raid guild on another server.

If you do not have a guild tag and you are a good player, you should be getting offers from raid guilds. If not, perhaps you can strive to play better.

And similarly, when I saw some awesome player in a 5-man, I used to encourage them to apply to my guild and then vouch for their talent when their application was being discussed in the guild forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Well he is right. The gear differential is notre an incentive to do normals.
    So LFR is all about getting purples, then? If that's what you're into, more power to you.

I play for the enjoyment, team work and strategy of Normal/HM bosses. Gear is just a tool to help with that.

So LFR is all about getting purples, then? If that's what you're into, more power to you.

I play for the enjoyment, team work and strategy of Normal/HM bosses. Gear is just a tool to help with that.
    Well for many players, just killed the last boss and getting his loot is enough. Not everyone cares what difficulty it is done on. If I said that i had played through diablo 3, people would expect me to have just completed normal, not to have done inferno. Harder difficulty =/= new content.

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    This is so untrue.

Everytime when I was unguilded, I got offers to join raid guilds in 5-man dungeons and heroics. It was very easy to get into raiding.

Even doing LFR, I got an offer from raid guild on another server.

If you do not have a guild tag and you are a good player, you should be getting offers from raid guilds. If not, perhaps you can strive to play better.

And similarly, when I saw some awesome player in a 5-man, I used to encourage them to apply to my guild and then vouch for their talent when their application was being discussed in the guild forums.
    I suppose you're right. His experience is just something he made up. I'll keep that in mind next time I attempt to offer some helpful advice.

Maybe I should have worded it like this: "omg lul u must b bad gildz will ask 4 u to join duh"

Fuck all those apps I filled out, I should have just joined that guy in LFR who was pulling 40k DPS and asked me to join his guild. I'm sure they're a great group of raiders!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Well for many players, just killed the last boss and getting his loot is enough. Not everyone cares what difficulty it is done on. If I said that i had played through diablo 3, people would expect me to have just completed normal, not to have done inferno. Harder difficulty =/= new content.
    Easier difficulty =/= new content.

I enjoy raiding more difficult bosses. Is there something wrong with that?