Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Field Marshal
    Since starting work due to shift patterns i can only raid once every other week, so never a full lockout, so quite quickly since 5.0 i fell behind in gear and kills, meaning that i became a spare wheel for the guild, a replacement if only really necersarry, i've been thinking of upping and leaving, but whats the point, same problem anywhere else i'd go.

I don't like to pug, its something i've suffered from since i started in end BC. gotta be done with guild groups and friends and its also set me back as well.

Before i started working i was the RL of a 25hc guild in cata and DS, didnt do too well during t11, got better in 12 and really perfected it in 13, and i miss those days, when i could just log on, look at my gear, smile and go do whatever i wanted without any issues, now i struggle with that. That and MoP really messed us up as a guild, lots of quits lots of leaves, lack of interest, burn out, list goes on, so they went down to 10 and yea, i'm just not needed now.

if i could, i would like to get back into normal raiding, clear 14 in a night, (nerfs or no nerfs) blasting through content was fun for me, and the guild and i always had a great laugh 10 or 25 and it felt like we were real friends. But i wouldnt want to have to go back to the hassle of running 25hc or even 10hc guild, dont have enough interest int he game anymore for something like that

Can you not commit to any form of schedule, be it a small commitment or large?

Nope, I'm busy with studies and rarely log on wow every 2-3 weeks, but when I do I'll normally do all the LFR wings

Are you not interested in the harder difficulties in a game?

I love a challenge, but back to point one if I can't commit the time, I'm not going to rely on chance of looking in trade all night for a group that may only clear one boss

Can you not find other players to raid with?

I was with a slow progressive guild, but they had a new GM take over, with new erm "policies" which I didn't agree with so, (when I came back to the game after exams) I didn't go back to them. All my mates who raid are still in that guild

Are you afraid of, or personally not good enough to participate in the harder difficulties?

I could probably handle normal SoO maybe the first couple on hc with my warlock if I spent a week geming and enchanting her up, and re reading into the class, but atm shes in LFR gear, with no gems or green gems and no enchants

Do the rewards, and the prospect of a stronger character not interest you?

Anyone who says no, its a lie, regardless if people do LFR to see the content, they still run it each week trying to get those items to make their characters look better at the very least.

So yea I'd just like to reemphasize, my character(s) isn't as good as what they used to be, purely because since I don't raid 25 man any more or in a guild where I have responsibilities, I don't keep on top of changes every patch or expansion.

Edit:

I should add, I was a casual raider in TBC, mostly T4, and some "fun" night after getting first kills, we'd have a giggle at T5 / T6 although we did get a few kills, first one in BT Hyjal to the third one, and TK the first three. In Wrath I was on my lock 10 man until ICC hit, joined a new guild on my DK in 25 man. Cataclysm back with a old guild started on T11 was it? Lasted about 2 months before I got sick of the pettyness of two members and spreading elitest crap around the place, went social for FL, but did social / alt raids. LFR hit, I just did LFR DS, but after a few months of that, I got asked to step into a 10 man team heroic team to tank as someone dropped out, First time I ever went into normal or hc DS (also first time I was ever properly tanking) and I was put again Ultra >..> needless to say we got our first kill that night, so I joined the team carried on but I was to far behind the other two tanks, so normally I'd sit on the bench after Ultra went down so they could clear the rest of the raid. MoP hit I joined late stayed social, been social ever since
    Last edited by Rotted; 2013-10-27 at 04:08 PM.

Can you not commit to any form of schedule, be it a small commitment or large?
    I probably could, but I do not want to. Signing up for a flex raid and then sticking to it until end is the most commitment I'm willing to do right now

Are you not interested in the harder difficulties in a game?
    I am

Can you not find other players to raid with?
    I'm member of a heroic progression guild (8/14HC) and I'm confident that they would let me be part of the raiding team if I wanted to.

Are you afraid of, or personally not good enough to participate in the harder difficulties?
    No.

Do the rewards, and the prospect of a stronger character not interest you?
    I think ilvl 520 is where you start feeling pretty comfortable (that means being able to solo 3M HP elites without too much hassle) on Timeless Isle and outside of raiding, this is currently the pinnacle of solo content, so why would I be interested in more gear.
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2013-10-27 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    My question exactly. I consider my Internet friends that i have been playing with since Vanilla better friends than most of the people i know IRL.
    That's kinda sad. Apart from that, there's plenty of stuff one can do in WoW without having to constantly talk to people and forcedly cultivate relationships. After all, MMOs are multiplayer first and foremost, not multitalker or multiclinger.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    That's kinda sad. Apart from that, there's plenty of stuff one can do in WoW without having to constantly talk to people and forcedly cultivate relationships. After all, MMOs are multiplayer first and foremost, not multitalker or multiclinger.
    If you do not talk to people in an MMO, you could as well be playing with a group of NPCs. Perhaps some people would like to play "single player" style in a world populated with scores of NPCs, if the AI is good.

Why is this sad? A relationship is a relationship either way. What makes meeting strangers and building friendships in the game worse than meeting friends at work or the bar? Many of the friendships I've had in my years of playing WoW were very real. I even had a friend I played with for a while move up from Florida to PA and room with me for a while.

Don't let your personal prejudice or social insecurity be a basis for how others make friends. It's not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Why is this sad? A relationship is a relationship either way. What makes meeting strangers and building friendships in the game worse than meeting friends at work or the bar? Many of the friendships I've had in my years of playing WoW were very real. I even had a friend I played with for a while move up from Florida to PA and room with me for a while.

Don't let your personal prejudice or social insecurity be a basis for how others make friends. It's not a good look.
    Couldn't agree more. It is not up to the angry poster JimmyHellfire to decide to we can call friends, it is up to us When my awesome wow friend quit the game I was sad for a year, then I made a youtube video log for him to come back and he diiiid Was the best moment in my wow history. Haters be hating but people with internet friends enjoy their company and are happy regardless of what some people say

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Couldn't agree more. It is not up to the angry poster JimmyHellfire to decide to we can call friends, it is up to us When my awesome wow friend quit the game I was sad for a year, then I made a youtube video log for him to come back and he diiiid Was the best moment in my wow history. Haters be hating but people with internet friends enjoy their company and are happy regardless of what some people say
    People like you give me hope. I miss when there were server communities and a long friends lists.

I do not like playing LFD/LFR in a cross-server style and be unable to meet those people again at will. Just the sheer ability to find a group through the click of a button, brings the worst behavior in many people in LFD/LFR. It hurts the WoW community and many people's gaming experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    No need to get agitated, guys. I'm not here to "decide" anything for anyone. Your "social insecurity" and "angry poster" talk displays a certain kind of - funny vibe, let's put it that way. Very telling.

I dont want a schedule.

I'm mainly pvp'er so I raid casually. I'm on outland horde which is already a decent underpopulated faction and everyone is interested in pvp. i'd like to do normals or heroic but I just can't find the group for it on my server.

No need to get agitated, guys. I'm not here to "decide" anything for anyone. Your "social insecurity" and "angry poster" talk displays a certain kind of - funny vibe, let's put it that way. Very telling.
    I like how you flipped that on us. I'm sure it will help everyone to see past valid responses and ignore your lack of real legitimate explanation

A simple "I suppose you're right" would suffice, but I like how you turned it around a little better.

I like how you flipped that on us. I'm sure it will help everyone to see past valid responses and ignore your lack of real legitimate explanation

A simple "I suppose you're right" would suffice, but I like how you turned it around a little better.
    That didn't make all that much sense right now.

1. Barrier to entry. Actually, this was a problem, but probably not anymore. My rogue is 550 from doing Flex and I assume that's good enough for a typical Normal guild. Having Flex experience only is probably not the same barrier that LFR-only experience was either.

2. Schedule. Most raids tend to start and end later than I'm prepared to commit to during the week. When I have to wake up at 4am server, raids until 11pm or even 10pm are out of the question, which excludes me from a lot of guilds. I've considered transferring to an EST server (I'm CST and on a CST server). A purely weekend raid group might work and I've been looking.

3. Interest. Up til 5.4, LFR had been satisfying my raiding itch, but Flex has rekindled my interest in organized raiding. I used to raid in Wrath, and being on an EST server then made the schedule easier to live with. I got burned out on it, quit raiding and that guild disbanded in Cata... Otherwise I would be happy to be raiding with them again. If I can find a steady raiding group with a schedule that works for me then I might make the commitment.
    Last edited by hablix; 2013-10-27 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    I don't play right now.
    I wish LFR would go away. Part of the thrill is working up to something--trying at it for a week or two--and finally downing it.
    Now, raiding is bite-sized - and it genuinely cheapens the experience.

I still miss "raiding". Not Normal/Hard/LFR - Raiding.
    Tell you what. If you are willing to take a hit to your raid content, i.e. Less resources spent on raids, and the freed up resources going to the creation of content for "causal" players - along with decent rewards for said players that advances their character - then sure you can have your old fashion exclusive raids.