Long ago, when MoP talent system came live and saw that druids received a refurbished 4th specialization for tanking, I started thinking. What if all classes did actually have a 4th spec? I was amazed by the possibilities. Then, I thought I could make up my own 4th specialization for my priest main for fun and posted it on Spanish priest forum board. And so it began. Now, I've made up several possible 4th specializations for all classes (with the exception of druids, who already have one, obviously), always trying to make them fit lorewise, and even tried to create a few new classes
So, I decided to translate them all into English in a blog so everyone could see them, regardless of the language.
It would be a wall of text if I were to post all of them here, but I'll summarize them for you.
Edit: now I can post links! \o/
Here's the blog, for a nicer, better and spicier view of them ^^
I'd love to receive feedback and opinions from you!
DPS - [Purification]: Caster who calls upon holy and divine energies to chastise and expel foes.
- Kinda similar to Shadow in functioning, but depends more on burst rather than continuous damage.
- Uses Divine fury as a secondary resource, in opposition to Shadow orbs.
- Has a double final ability.
DPS - [Insanity]: Priest crazed by twisted visions, worshiper of old unknown deities, whose being holds between sanity and insanity.
- Not similar to anything seen until now.
- Is melee/mid-range.
- Uses Corruption as a passive resource and heavily relies on it to perform its rotation.
- Uses a time-fixed proc that must be used to continue its rotation.
- Has tentacles :P
DPS - [Judgment]: Paladin who makes use of divine powers and magically imbued weapons to execute justice on enemies.
- Is what we know as shockadin.
- Is ranged and shares equipment with Holy.
- Uses Exorcism rather than Denounce.
- Its signature spell is an awesome looking spell similar to Judgment, but visually cooler (and more powerful).
- Can passively buff DPS players on death for a short period of time.
DPS - [Necromancy]: Caster specialized in the dark arts, able of conjuring corpse explosions, invoking terrible venom blasts and raising dead armies to execute his will.
- Is ranged/mid-range.
- Uses intellect plate, breaking Holy paladins' monopoly on it.
- Its signature spell is Corpse explosion.
- Temporarily summons a range of superior undead: abominations, banshees and liches.
- Consumed runes interact with certain skills, granting buffs.
- Has its own presence and runeforge.
TANK - [Earthbinder]: Firm elemental fighter attuned to the earthen element, using them as protection for himself and his allies.
- Resembles the long-forgotten image of the two-handed bearer shaman, and uses two-handed weapons.
- Relies on the use of Rockbiter Weapon.
- Passively receives more healing if static.
- Can swap positions with allies.
- Transforms into an Earthen Ascendant while using Ascendance.
DPS - [Void]: Caster immersed in the unstable and esoteric void magic, able to alter time and space and obliterate enemies with deadly chaotic nether spells.
- Uses Void as secondary resource.
- Visually has two voidcaller lamps on his back to show Void charges.
- Uses an unique mechanic that transforms snare effects on the target into haste.
- If controlled well, can cause massive damage in a short period of time.
- Becomes a black hole on death.
- Can alter space and teleport enemies to random locations.
DPS - [Gambit]: Master of illusion, confusion and chance, able to perform deadly and perplexing dagger-juggling strikes in close mid range.
- Relies HEAVILY on RNG and chance.
- Is mid-range, rather than strict melee.
- Uses Cards and dice rolls that grant random buffs.
- Uses daggers.
- Causes fun and confusing effects with its support and defensive skills.
- Can create decoys and swap places with them.
- Is substantially trickier than Subtlety.
DPS - [Throw Mastery]: Warrior specialized in ranged combat, able to throw his weapons with great expertise to crush foes.
- Is ranged.
- Can either dual wield one-handed weapons or use a two-handed weapon (and throw them).
- Can use Shattering throw and Heroic throw more often.
- Can pull and grip enemies from afar.
- Has a progressive and evolutive enrage mechanic rather than a fix one.
DPS - [Lorewalker]: Wise scribe devoted to wisdom and knowledge, with skill to evoke ancient stories and make them live.
- Not similar to anything seen until now.
- Fills the blank space of the specialization of Chi-Ji.
- Heavily resembles Lorewalker Cho's (and Shuchun's) storytelling.
- Controls random images from random stories to attack (similar to Argent Confessor Paletress' in ToC).
- Has a range of defensive skills to counter its lack of mobility.
DPS - [Thunder]: paralizes foes with powerful electric bolts and lightning pulses.
- Learnt from the Isle of Thunder and Lei Shen's electromancers.
- Visually sparkles and crackles with thunder.
- Uses a dynamo mechanic.
- Has synergy with nearly all stats.
- Can store spells to unleash them rapidly.
- Can paralize enemies, interacting with Shatter.
DPS - [Blood]: Mage immersed in the unknown blood magic, capable of playing with vital forces and blood.
- Learnt from the Isle of Thunder and Anima pools (also blood wizards in other locations).
- Uses blood/anima as secondary resource.
- Makes use of magical bleeding effects.
- Passively receives more damage and
- Can resurrect in combat and place Ragezone.
TANK - [Abjuration]: Mage immersed in the unknown blood magic, capable of playing with vital forces and blood.
- Based on shielding.
- Stamina increases mana pool, rather than health.
- Can masspull enemies.
- Has active and reactive mitigation mechanics.*
- Has a wide range of defensive and support spells.
DPS - [Spellbow]: Skilled marksman that makes use of ley magic and enchanted shots to hunt down their enemies.
- Based on Dalaran Spellbow units.
- Brings back mana as secondary resource, as well as focus.
- Can tame certain magical and mechanic pets.
- Relies on procs and mana sustainability.*
- Can use Volley
DPS - [Artillery]: experienced warforged hunter, skilled with explosive material, can bomb foes with mortars and grape-shots.
- Represents several aspects of WIII's Tinker.
- Cannot use pets.
- Can build up turrets.
- Has slightly less mobility than the regular hunter spec.
- Can throw bombs and place landmines.*
- Is based on burst and critical damage rather than continuous damage.
There's far more, such as new classes like the Sea Witch or Witch Doctor, but there's no way I can post it all here >_<
As I said above, I'd like to know what you think about those. Would you like 4th specs for all classes? I do
Thanks for reading!