World of Warcraft Ultimate Visual Guide (book)

Anyone got this book yet?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...e-now-on-sale/

I was considering getting it. How is it? Is the artwork awesome? Is the text more than just filler bla bla?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Anyone got this book yet?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...e-now-on-sale/

I was considering getting it. How is it? Is the artwork awesome? Is the text more than just filler bla bla?
    I got it when it released for the family. It was well done and illustrated. Presented the lore in a basic fashion. Great book for WoW Fans.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been putting aside some cash to get this. There's a lot of art in it that I don't have in other books.

If you're looking for an art book, it's probably not the best. There's tons of art, but there are also just screenshots of in-game models for some characters, even ones that have good art for some reason. Lorewise, it's nothing special either. It doesn't really elaborate on anything, and is mostly a bunch of summaries.

However, I still highly recommend it. It's a really great way to get caught up on or refresh your memory of the lore. I often hear people ask advice on how to get caught up on the lore. This is now the answer. It doesn't give you a lot of detail, but it gives you brief summaries of everything that has been important so far.

When I bought it, I was honestly expecting a lazy project full of weird retcons all over the place. I was surprised to find essentially none. There are a few places with unfortunate or vague wording that has dredged up controversy for some people, but these were brought to Blizzard's attention and they clarified that they were just being misinterpreted.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2013-10-25 at 03:04 AM.

It's simplistic, and there's not a whole lot of original art, but it does it's job well.. it's a visual guide with a few minor tidbits of lore.

Reminds me how I have all the CEs on my shelf and have yet to open half the art books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Reminds me how I have all the CEs on my shelf and have yet to open half the art books.
    That's a real shame, the CE artbooks are extremely high quality (hardcover with thick, glossy pages) and to this day have a ton of exclusive concept artwork you can't find elsewhere.

Hmmm interesting, thanks for the info. I might get it after all.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

All I know is that one of the authors is Anne Stickney from the wow insider website and wowinsider podcast and is an actual wow player who really knows their lore. The other is a Kathleen Platt of Bradly game guides who did several expansions worth of wow guides. The book seems to be quite large, 3 pounds and is physically bigger in surface area than most dungeon and dragon books. I may get this for my kid.