Poll: Poll

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Siege of Orgrimmar vs Dragon Soul

Which raid do you think was overall better for a finale?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

10+ Year Old Account
    SoO no competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually prefer Dragon Soul, it was more interesting especially lorewise compared to Siege of Orgrimmar.

Deleted
    SoO isn't perfect, but it's way better than DS in terms of boss difficulty, enviroment and boss models, the latter two being rehashed in DS.

DS was short and boring.

SoO is better, more boss, more loot, more difficult, more challenge.

There is no competition. SoO by far. It's deep when you first enter Orgrimmar while seeing all the innocent souls impaled, being harassed etc.

The instance is just so much more deep and detailed than DS was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I preferred dragon soul .. soo may have more bosses but they seem very boring compared to riding on deathwings back, ripping his armour off or tickling his tentacles >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    it's hard for me to decide, not that i like or hate either them, i am just sort of ambivalent.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    Sunwell Plateau

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I preferred dragon soul .. soo may have more bosses but they seem very boring compared to riding on deathwings back, ripping his armour off or tickling his tentacles >.<
    Meh, spine felt so ....dull. I felt like they could have done so much better with spine.

Also now, come on, 25 people sitting on his back killing him and he can barley do much.... You'd think the destroyer of worlds would be more ... you know...smarter

Truth told, I liked the content in Dragon Soul. I didn't mind going back to Northrend, I thought it was a nice way to tie everything together as a global threat. I didn't mind the boss mechanics - in fact I thought Deathwing was fairly epic as he was, essentially, two boss fights. Where Dragon Soul failed, for me, was as a final content raid - there just wasn't enough there, not by a long shot, to keep me occupied for the lengthy amount of time that it was current content. Siege of Orgrimmar is bigger and has more variety, so it's already winning out in that case, but honestly it's going to depend on how fast the next expansion is released. If it's this coming Spring, as I expect, it'll be great. If it drags into summer it'll be long winded and if we get to Fall I'll have probably unsubbed by that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Meh, spine felt so ....dull. I felt like they could have done so much better with spine.

Also now, come on, 25 people sitting on his back killing him and he can barley do much.... You'd think the destroyer of worlds would be more ... you know...smarter
    Yeah, they should have giving us a flying fight in the back of the other aspect while they fight Deathwing to distract him, so we can jump to his back every now and then to destroy his armor, but if we stay long, he will just flip over to make us fall to our death

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO DS, SoO was kind of boring.

15+ Year Old Account
    Easy poll.
    DS had heroic spine of deathwing, SoO doesn't.
    SoO wins.

DS was better for LFR
    SOO is a much better instance overall though. Too much trash though imo.

I've only raided DS so my vote goes to SoO lol

Based on my experience and not counting tier length, I am currently preferring Dragon Soul. I am not saying SoO is a bad raid by any means but back in DS I was with a close team clearing the content and it just gives me such fond memories which I no longer experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raided them both as current content... Not that DS was bad, but I am enjoying SoO more than I did DS. Killing Deathwing for the first time didn't give me that rush that killing the LK did. I'm hoping Garrosh brings that feeling back, as I'm about to kill him soon :P

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah, they should have giving us a flying fight in the back of the other aspect while they fight Deathwing to distract him, so we can jump to his back every now and then to destroy his armor, but if we stay long, he will just flip over to make us fall to our death
    Genius. Seriously I wonder why Blizzard doesn't think of this stuff

Deleted
    DS, why? it's simple
    It felt much better, we basicly sieged and defended the wrymest temple in the same time. we fought our way up there and then got teleported and then defended a flying fudgin ship from an assult, do i need to tell you more about fighting deathwing on his back ?
    Soo: you start from the vale, fighting used models (sha, norushen, quest givers). then we get an encounter that is almost identic with razorscale. and then while we prepare to *siege* we find that orgrimmar gates are defended by a metal scorpion? and then we fight some puny orcs only to find out garrosh has gone into hiding underground? i mean i was expecting to fight the true orc *HORDE* (horde deffinition: a large group, multitude, number, etc.; a mass or crowd) getting past that we find ourselves fighting and mutant orc, some moobs that garrosh keeps in some crates? wtf fudge logic. a dinosaur? the only one that had a nice feeling was blackfuse. and then we fight... KLAXXI QUEST GIVERS? like it doesnt matter that we saved them and killed their queen that posed a real threat, like they're mindless creatures that can't see that garrosh eating their god hearth doesnt mean that they're not fighting for their god really? i mean if someone found jesus hearth and ate it im pretty sure christians wouldn't follow him but would kill him. besides that they're the bosses before garrosh? they were okay if they would have been in the first wing but like this? no way!!! i was expecting to fight some true orcs before fighting garrosh, like saurfang encounter in LK, a corrupted tharan zu would have been awesome too.
    Yeah im pretty mad.