Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is a very poor idea. A good server needs a diverse player base and what you're asking for is essentially a "hardcore" server. Think of how much people already complain about pvp on a pvp server because they "didn't know" or because "their friends were on that server". To have a whole server with LESS content? Thats just very very poorly planned out. If you don't like LFR, then don't use LFR. And there ARE harder version of dungeons called challenge modes.

Nothing you're asking for sounds like anything that "the consumer" is clamoring for. It sounds like you want a server where you can feel special in the gear that you and everyone else on the server is wearing.

Uhg, its just such a terrible no good very bad idea. Porbably one of the worste I've seen on this forum in along time. You might as well as for Vanilla servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Interested would be people who really dislike LFR and wanted harder 5 mans. I don't feel the need to give reasons why I want it, as you can read multiple threads on the issue. Those who would be interested are those from all levels and areas within the game. You are assuming there is no interest because of this, you are a little scared there may be a lot of interest. What is that fear based from?

I would have a server with lots of raiders and non-raiders a like, a large pool of like minded players who want this option. It would be a huge success. This would of course take some of these players away from servers that have LDRers relying on riding on their backs. That is where the negativity to this idea stems from. Casuals are really protective of their hard fought gear.
    People that really dislike LFR are free to not queue for LFR, just like most of the rest of the organized raiding community at the moment. If you're not in LFR, then it doesn't affect you. I haven't touched LFR since I finished off my runestones on my alt back in 5.3. It's been nothing but normals and heroics since then. What other people choose to spend their time on doesn't affect you. Most players get this but you, apparently, do not. Don't expect other people to feel the same way.

I presented ample reason why your idea would be an utter failure and you choose to remain ignorant. I showed why the various elements on the WoW community wouldn't want to join such an exclusionary server, but you apparently didn't bother reading it. I'm sorry, but your idea is bad. The people in this thread are telling you it's bad. We're not afraid of anything -- it's a bad idea. Learn to take criticism.

Ask yourselves why you would not this server option, it really is because you fear the players you ride the backs of would choose this. You fear it would be successful and you will not turn that spotlight onto yourselves. Wonder why? That is pretty significant.
    I've been in two server first guilds, a raid leader and main tank in one, and I'd never join such a server. I have no fear that any guildie I've ever had would join such a server. No one is afraid because we realize that the idea would fail. Blizzard realizes this, too.

Sorry, buddy, but you're fooling yourself.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-10-24 at 10:35 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I like the idea. Nothing wrong if there would be just one realm like this.

Who does it hurt really? We still would have numerous amount of normal realms where we have easy 5 mans and LFR.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayth View Post

Who does it hurt really? We still would have numerous amount of normal realms where we have easy 5 mans and LFR.
    "Who does it hurt really?"

Same can be said for LFR. An optional feature that you don't need to do. Why are people unable to grasp that you can just ignore it and go do flex/normal/heroic?
    Also the dungeons thing is just absolute nonsense. All dungeons should be the same difficulty, give these people an inch and they'll demand 10 miles. It starts off with harder dungeons which then turns into

"Omg blizz, nubs doing easy dungeons get same lewts as me but they casual LOL wtf blizz. dis game is ded cuz of casual omfgrofl"

This is a terrible idea by yet another clueless elitist and is backed only by that very tiny and very silly part of the WoW community.
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    the big problem I see with this option is that the same players who overestimate themselves would be the majority of players flocking there thinking that they will be able to be carried by decent players.
    ^^This is exactly why this type of server won't and shouldn't happen. It would not fix anything as it will be filled with the same players that do everything else on the currently available types of servers. In addition, as a side note, LFR I do not think was created as with the dumbed down difficulty as its purpose. It was created, I believe, as an option for people with less time on their hands. The difficulty came with it as the majority of people in the group will not be in communication with each other.

As was stated in the round table interview with Morgan Webb a few weeks ago, the people that started playing WoW at its birth are now getting in their late 20's 30's and 40's. With that age comes more responsibilities and the dire toll of real life. LFR was created to still give those people with these types of constraints a viable raiding option. NOT for the "LFR Heroes" as they are so lovingly referrenced on these forums.

Well, it would hurt Blizzard because the server costs wouldn't be made up by the subscription gains.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I don't see Blizzard doing a whole separate server type. but If they did, I'd say just make questing and low level content difficult. Call it Hardcore or Veteran servers. I want to have challenging and fun questing content along with harder low level dungeons. I don't care for LFR since you don't really HAVE to do it. I'd like a flex for at least 8 people. Thats the only things I ask for in this game and those things will bring me back fo sho.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why some people insist that LFR should be removed. They don't have to participate in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    "Who does it hurt really?"

Same can be said for LFR. An optional feature that you don't need to do. Why are people unable to grasp that you can just ignore it and go do flex/normal/heroic?
    Also the dungeons thing is just absolute nonsense. All dungeons should be the same difficulty, give these people an inch and they'll demand 10 miles. It starts off with harder dungeons which then turns into

"Omg blizz, nubs doing easy dungeons get same lewts as me but they casual LOL wtf blizz. dis game is ded cuz of casual omfgrofl"

This is a terrible idea by yet another clueless elitist and is backed only by that very tiny and very silly part of the WoW community.
    Well, I do not run LFR. Also I am perfectly fine that most of the people just run LFR, nothing else. Also I think that there is no point removing LFR from regular realms. It would be a terrible idea.

I am open for new things. Also why draw the elitist card and have such arrogant attitude? People seem to get really upset if you suggest something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Well, it would hurt Blizzard because the server costs wouldn't be made up by the subscription gains.
    Fair argument. I wonder why they have not shut down servers that have really small population.

No, we really don't.

No. If you don't like LFR then don't run it. Blizzard would never make special servers just for people who don't like LFR and want outdated gameplay.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    This thread reminds me of my short time on the Illidan server. Back in Dragon Soul, a few friends transferred there when DS was at 5 percent nerf. All they could do was rave the first few days over battletag about how awesome it was everyone, was Destroyer End/Savior/Firelord/Gladiator. So, I sent my alt Priest over there. Every group demanded 400 ilvl and x number of heroic achieves, and I really thought that it might be a place I wanted to swap my main to. Then I started pugging, lots... I mean lots of players who had "elitist" attitudes but pulled 15k dps (rarely met tanks who had bad attitudes who were not good over there) and healers who were just awful. They either piggy backed off better groups who simply wanted warm bodies or purchased their clears, one resto shaman, had a sub 5 percent healing rain uptime, and was at the bottom of the healing charts, who had zero understanding of any heroic fight, but was a Savior of Azeroth. Anyways, I imagine that the "Enhanced" realm would be filled with people who (true story here) try and app in with lfr logs and say they don't know why WoL doesn't have "all" their other logs, who then fail to make a top 100 world ranking. Then also, out of curiousty what would constitute success for this realm? What percent of the World top guilds/kills since its where the skilled players would go? Anyways, want some real challenge, request a Arena Tournament, like raiding realm, that scales everyone up/down to x gear level like challenge mode, so any tier bonuses could be use and then see which guilds do the best on a even field, that would be a hardcore/enhanced realm IMO. Sorry for rambling and being incoherent, tired and just got off work a short bit of go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also why draw the elitist card and have such arrogant attitude?
    Because when the Grogo later on in the thread says this:
    Ask yourselves why you would not this server option, it really is because you fear the players you ride the backs of would choose this. You fear it would be successful and you will not turn that spotlight onto yourselves. Wonder why? That is pretty significant.
    it's an understandable reaction.

The reality is that I'm not really against the idea as such but realistic enough to know that it's unlikely to ever happen and that the attitude behind the thread is best observed in the above quote which has been a repeated theme over multiple threads. That's not really a knock on Grogo. He's entitled to his opinion as are others about what sorts of realms should and shouldn't exist. But it's a less-than-satisfactory response to reasoned arguments about why a new realm type might not be a good idea.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-10-24 at 11:47 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    All they really need to do on all servers is create a version of challenge mode dungeons that removes the timer element and rewards gear/valor. In all other respects exactly the same.

LFR can and should be ignored entirely if that's what you want.

Creating small gated versions of the game for people who don't want to soil themselves with the riff-raff isn't going to solve anything.
    This! Challenge modes use timers as an excuse for "challenge". This is something that most players don't seem to understand:
    Player A, "Dungeons aren't hard enough "
    Player B, "Oh that's okay, just do challenge modes. You have those "
    Player A, "/facepalm"
    Player B, "^_^"

10+ Year Old Account
    Have fun playing the the 5 people left on the server after a week of it opening.
    Aye mate

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone can be, its a server choice, leaves no one out who wants to be there.
    Letting any old pond scum join that wants to is not how you create a server that the elitists will enjoy.

Fair argument. I wonder why they have not shut down servers that have really small population.
    Simple enough answer: Connected Realms!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelbert View Post
    This! Challenge modes use timers as an excuse for "challenge". This is something that most players don't seem to understand:
    Player A, "Dungeons aren't hard enough "
    Player B, "Oh that's okay, just do challenge modes. You have those "
    Player A, "/facepalm"
    Player B, "^_^"
    Except that Challenge Modes are tuned harder than heroics and bosses have additional mechanics. It's not just a timer.

After reading the person you quoted, you may have already been aware of this. If so, please disregard :P
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

15+ Year Old Account
    I do not see a reason to oppose it, it is a a win-win scenario. If you want LFR, that would be great, have it. If you definitely want it gone, great, that server option would be for me and you. It totally takes away the sandpaper from both groups.
    How about this for an idea - if you don't like or want to do LFR then don't do it!

I find it odd that these forums really dislike the idea and on the other hand consider LFR not even raiding. It is just an odd pairing. Maybe, to go along with the original offering I spoke about to start this thread, it is adjusted to that third option I mentioned.

No transferring of toons to or off this server. The atmosphere within game would be more or less policed by the players, makes for a better in game society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wooh, yeah! Let's buy servers people would play on for a month for the novelty until everyone but like 5 masochists quit. This will be profit!
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.