Page 1 of 9
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    We need another server option - "Enhanced"

    There is a big divide in player philosophy, no use denying it. Many many posts here and on other MMO sites have posts discussing how bad or good LFR is. It is a prickly subject to many but many want to talk about it. it is a hot topic so to speak.

    We need a new server option for players and it would bring back my business and I suspect many others. This option would be like the current options, you can join a PVP server, a PVE server and a role playing server. Why not a new option?

    This option would change two things only which would enhance the game for many. Let's call this new server choice "enhanced".

    On this enhanced server, this is what would change:

    1) No LFR, that is gone. Flex could remain and would garner same gear levels as the old LFR.

    2) Re-tune 5 man heroic dungeons to be harder as in Cata opening day difficulty.

    Two changes. Open a server with this option, This gives the consumer who has been clamoring for this that option. There is already an option for servers. Just add that one server. I suspect people will flock to it and Blizzard would need more than one server dedicated for it.

    I would definitely re-subscribe in a heart beat. This would be a great option for people. This would not separate the community, it is an option many would love to have.

    I do not see a reason to oppose it, it is a a win-win scenario. If you want LFR, that would be great, have it. If you definitely want it gone, great, that server option would be for me and you. It totally takes away the sandpaper from both groups.

  2. #2
    New server's Cost money and to be completely honest you're speaking about the minority,and why do you think people want 5 mans to be hard,they just don't they are leveling up and gearing content that is all LFR is honestly here to stay but i do see them phasing out Normal's cause more ppl just run flex now.

    Just answer the question? Why remove LFR? and why make 5 mans Harder?

    Both are designed to give content to all sort's of players if anything make them both easier so we can see the content without having to deal with angry players or bad players.

  3. #3
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    9,796
    All they really need to do on all servers is create a version of challenge mode dungeons that removes the timer element and rewards gear/valor. In all other respects exactly the same.

    LFR can and should be ignored entirely if that's what you want.

    Creating small gated versions of the game for people who don't want to soil themselves with the riff-raff isn't going to solve anything.
    A bit of civility and respect for others opinions goes a long way toward getting any respect in return. Overly hostile, profane and insulting posts are a sign that people don't really have anything to say. Profanity is best served out in very small doses.

    "Forum drama exists because people enjoy creating it." - ML/2013

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacka View Post
    New server's Cost money and to be completely honest you're speaking about the minority,and why do you think people want 5 mans to be hard,they just don't they are leveling up and gearing content that is all LFR is honestly here to stay but i do see them phasing out Normal's cause more ppl just run flex now.

    Just answer the question? Why remove LFR? and why make 5 mans Harder?

    Both are designed to give content to all sort's of players if anything make them both easier so we can see the content without having to deal with angry players or bad players.
    Look at the 5 threads ongoing now for the answer. This is an option that is needed and would be popular. It wouldn't hurt you so why the concern?

  5. #5
    Would require way too much work. You couldn't have cross-realm anything do the gear and difficulty level. You can assume people would flock there but most likely they wouldn't and it would just be another dead server.

  6. #6
    So make a completely new server with completely new access to completely new instances?

    Seems unnecessary.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

  7. #7
    Sorry, I don't understand why the LFR haters need the feature to be removed.

    Just don't run LFR and, poof, it's gone (for you). Problem solved.

    I don't like PvP, should I demand they remove it from the game?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    All they really need to do on all servers is create a version of challenge mode dungeons that removes the timer element and rewards gear/valor. In all other respects exactly the same.

    LFR can and should be ignored entirely if that's what you want.

    Creating small gated versions of the game for people who don't want to soil themselves with the riff-raff isn't going to solve anything.
    I suspected push back but I think you could all come to the realization that this would be beneficial, and you would not have to deal with us so-called elitist assholes. This would work, it would work very well. I do not see downsides, please state any concerns besides just ignore LFR.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Redlokyldoreifanggore View Post
    So make a completely new server with completely new access to completely new instances?

    Seems unnecessary.
    No. Same instances. 5 mans re-tuned and LFR gone.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    Sorry, I don't understand why the LFR haters need the feature to be removed.

    Just don't run LFR and, poof, it's gone (for you). Problem solved.

    I don't like PvP, should I demand they remove it from the game?
    You forget, there is a pvp and pve option already on server option lists. That makes no sense.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Dragore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    There is a big divide in player philosophy, no use denying it. Many many posts here and on other MMO sites have posts discussing how bad or good LFR is. It is a prickly subject to many but many want to talk about it. it is a hot topic so to speak.

    We need a new server option for players and it would bring back my business and I suspect many others. This option would be like the current options, you can join a PVP server, a PVE server and a role playing server. Why not a new option?

    This option would change two things only which would enhance the game for many. Let's call this new server choice "enhanced".

    On this enhanced server, this is what would change:

    1) No LFR, that is gone. Flex could remain and would garner same gear levels as the old LFR.

    2) Re-tune 5 man heroic dungeons to be harder as in Cata opening day difficulty.

    Two changes. Open a server with this option, This gives the consumer who has been clamoring for this that option. There is already an option for servers. Just add that one server. I suspect people will flock to it and Blizzard would need more than one server dedicated for it.

    I would definitely re-subscribe in a heart beat. This would be a great option for people. This would not separate the community, it is an option many would love to have.

    I do not see a reason to oppose it, it is a a win-win scenario. If you want LFR, that would be great, have it. If you definitely want it gone, great, that server option would be for me and you. It totally takes away the sandpaper from both groups.

    Don't do LFR. Challenge modes. I don't understand how this is any different then live servers. Is this like a dedicated server where only the Elite 1% goes? Like their own personal island. What would this solve?

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    There is a big divide in player philosophy, no use denying it. Many many posts here and on other MMO sites have posts discussing how bad or good LFR is. It is a prickly subject to many but many want to talk about it. it is a hot topic so to speak.

    We need a new server option for players and it would bring back my business and I suspect many others. This option would be like the current options, you can join a PVP server, a PVE server and a role playing server. Why not a new option?

    This option would change two things only which would enhance the game for many. Let's call this new server choice "enhanced".

    On this enhanced server, this is what would change:

    1) No LFR, that is gone. Flex could remain and would garner same gear levels as the old LFR.

    2) Re-tune 5 man heroic dungeons to be harder as in Cata opening day difficulty.

    Two changes. Open a server with this option, This gives the consumer who has been clamoring for this that option. There is already an option for servers. Just add that one server. I suspect people will flock to it and Blizzard would need more than one server dedicated for it.

    I would definitely re-subscribe in a heart beat. This would be a great option for people. This would not separate the community, it is an option many would love to have.

    I do not see a reason to oppose it, it is a a win-win scenario. If you want LFR, that would be great, have it. If you definitely want it gone, great, that server option would be for me and you. It totally takes away the sandpaper from both groups.
    the big problem I see with this option is that the same players who overestimate themselves would be the majority of players flocking there thinking that they will be able to be carried by decent players.


    Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

  11. #11
    Legendary! Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,326
    So you basically mean Hardcore & Casual servers ??

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I do not see a reason to oppose it, it is a a win-win scenario.
    Why would any company go out of their way to create a special server for a few neurotics out there.

  13. #13
    Mechagnome Dragore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    647
    Also If we go with this I want a server where there is no Heroic raids, no challenge modes and no PvP because PvP ruins the game and I don't like elitist players who think they are better then everyone else even though they aren't elite players.

  14. #14
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Diego California
    Posts
    325
    Day 1... Cool free realm transfer for next 72 hours for anyone who wants the enhanced server.
    Day 10... Still cool, No LFR everything a challenge mode
    Day 20... Meh, I cant find a good guild that meets my schedule, I am Flexed out and because of this one special snowflake server OQ, Openraid isnt really an option , i'll hold on a bit longer
    Day 30... Crap need to cut out Mcdonalds this week so I have money to xfer back to my old server.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ckabear/simple

    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Look at the 5 threads ongoing now for the answer. This is an option that is needed and would be popular. It wouldn't hurt you so why the concern?
    You know it wouldnt be.If you really think that you are affected by the forums syndrome...

    This game only works on the carrot paradigm.

    If you want to get rid of LFR,lower Flex ilvl and harden Hc dungs ( why? people use Hc sc for valor and you dont gear for LFR anymore there,you use timeless isle) Im afraid you need to put a carrot.

    All disadvantages no advantage...I dont see it man.

    But anyway what you need to understand is that the LFR issues are just a thing of the forums and the 1%.Theres not really a discussion about the pros and cons on the LFR in the community as a whole(as stated 1 million times from Blizzard) and the fact that you see 10 threads every week here bashing LFR is in no way representative of anything.

    Im pretty sure some will disagree but the forums is not the real wow...its like trying to understand US society by making polls in Beverly Hills: completely biased.

  16. #16
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    9,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I suspected push back but I think you could all come to the realization that this would be beneficial, and you would not have to deal with us so-called elitist assholes. This would work, it would work very well. I do not see downsides, please state any concerns besides just ignore LFR.
    Here is what you might consider an unexpected truth: The only place where I commonly see elitist assholes is here. I rarely encounter them in the game. The game as portrayed on forums is not the game that most people actually experience.
    A bit of civility and respect for others opinions goes a long way toward getting any respect in return. Overly hostile, profane and insulting posts are a sign that people don't really have anything to say. Profanity is best served out in very small doses.

    "Forum drama exists because people enjoy creating it." - ML/2013

  17. #17
    This would be a nice idea, but people will need a better ensentive to either transfer to this server or reroll on to it other than "slightly more difficult"

    in terms of this costing money server wise, as you can tell from the recent merges that are taking place blizzard can just move everyone off a few dead servers and then use that server for this "enhanced" function


    AddOn Author of: SpellNotReadyYet, Rune of Powa

  18. #18
    Brewmaster Olianda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,258
    I want at least two servers set up in the US like this. After three months the people who slack off in LFR will either have given up, or been forced to improve. Good luck doing nothing when the ex-saving-saving-grace of the raid is on a server for good people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

  19. #19
    Brewmaster cyqu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where the pros reside
    Posts
    1,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacka View Post
    New server's Cost money and to be completely honest you're speaking about the minority,and why do you think people want 5 mans to be hard,they just don't they are leveling up and gearing content that is all LFR is honestly here to stay but i do see them phasing out Normal's cause more ppl just run flex now.

    Just answer the question? Why remove LFR? and why make 5 mans Harder?

    Both are designed to give content to all sort's of players if anything make them both easier so we can see the content without having to deal with angry players or bad players.
    Because lfr breeds lazy people who feel self entitled to everything, to the majority of the lfr crowd they just want to see the content. They clear it in a couple hours week one an they are bored with the game then complain how boring the game is now and that they have nothing to do. Then unsubscribe, and some come back next tier to clear lfr again and start the vicious cycle over again.
    The reason the old style had the subs is because they constantly had a goal to achieve, and had to play the game longer In order to finish the raiding tier.


    I want hard 5mans because I enjoy them more then running forward only casting spinning crane kick from boss to boss, and I can't alway have 10 players on to raid, if 5man were more of a challenge it would be a fun way to spend my time, and it also is a great teaching tool for crap players. inb4 qq about forced difficulty by forcing this difficulty it will increase the skill of the player base up even if by a very small margin making everyone's game play better.
    Last edited by cyqu; 2013-10-24 at 05:03 PM.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

  20. #20
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Look at the 5 threads ongoing now for the answer. This is an option that is needed and would be popular. It wouldn't hurt you so why the concern?
    "It wouldn't hurt you so why the concern?" Doesn't this same argument apply to just keeping LFR in the game?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •