Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I would love to see updated models for the original races. Their excuse for not doing it sooner, "because some players prefer the original models" is BS. No reason they couldn't just do what SoE has done with EQII allowing both the Original or Soga models to be displayed per user choice...

25% means 2 races and 1 gender of a race.

I suppose they are dwarf, orcs, and male human.

I think we can have a sneak peek at BlizzCon's artists' panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalus View Post
    I would love to see updated models for the original races. Their excuse for not doing it sooner, "because some players prefer the original models" is BS. No reason they couldn't just do what SoE has done with EQII allowing both the Original or Soga models to be displayed per user choice...
    That wasn't "their excuse" it was just a worry on top of multiple worries and problems the project brings to mind. Basically it's just a time consuming process for a small art team, and they only can do so much at one time. Really, it's best they waited so long with how advanced the models have gotten over the years. WOTLK era models would have been cool, but nothing like Cata or MOP with fully animated faces and cloth.

We're not going to hide behind the statement that too many players will get mad if we tamper with their models, but it's a concern -- not a concern that's going to stop us from doing it, however.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-would-be-sad/
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Hopefully we'll know more at BlizzCon. If they don't tell us about them there, I wouldn't anticipate them very soon.
    Oh I'm sure you'll love what they'll show at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalus View Post
    THIS. I want them to give us an option in the game settings. Sure it'll take up hard drive space, but I'd rather people have this option so they can choose what they wanna look at. Some people might prefer the current models over the new ones. Some might need to use the current ones due to PC's being older. It would be interesting if we could see the model versions they prefer as another option as seeing all new or all old ones on our end. Eg. We choose to see players preference, and see old troll models and some new, would make it a lil more random?

Who cares ?! The new models won't come out in the next 4-6 months and after that it's safe to assume most wow players will be playing either of the new mmos coming out in spring.

Deleted
    I think some of the models will be pretty similar to what we have seen ingame already, e.g. Orcs look like Thrall, Trolls like Vol'Jin, Humans similar to Anduin.

My favourite ones I'm looking forward to will be Humans (since they look so terrible atm, especially males), and basically all of the Horde races. I think Tauren have great potential to look awesome just by looking at what they were able to do with Orcs and Trolls.

I'd be more than happy with no new race/classes next expansion as long as it has some epic character model updates and an even more epic storyline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Who cares ?! The new models won't come out in the next 4-6 months and after that it's safe to assume most wow players will be playing either of the new mmos coming out in spring.
    If I had a cent for every time I read this I would be have so much money that I could fund enough research to make the terraforming of the entire solar system possible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I'm looking forward to Undead personally.
    Here here. I love the Forsaken, I love the concept of Forsaken, but man do I hate the tattered armor and pointy fingers. I think if they got updated to something 2013-ish then they'd be the coolest race in the game.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they pull their finger out and have them ready for the next expansion.

I'm guessing there will be a mention of them at Blizzcon, hopefully they have some to show and complete the others before the expansion is released. Or they say that they've completed some and the others are in the works.

Deleted
    Personally, I do not care about character models. I love the current ones. It's not really a big game changer, and I'd rather Blizzard spends the time & effort for the models on something else.

What we do know:
    - They were 25% finished as of the time of the last update.
    - Dwarves are one of the ones finished.
    - There will be beard and hair physics.
    - They want the animations to look the same as the ones we have currently.
    - Dances will be the same, our characters will run/cast/etc the same way, just higher quality.
    - They will be releasing the models as they are finished, not at all once.

Expect the first models to be shown at BlizzCon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    I hope you're joking.

MoP is the first expansion where we've seen a huge drop in subscriber numbers even before the last patch (bearing in mind that the usual Expansion subscriber drop only occurs during the last patch, and only when it goes on for a long while; about a year or so). With that in mind, i'm pretty convinced that they're going to be pulling out all the stops at Blizzcon to both bring people back and get them joining the game. Given the significance of the player avatar (which is often easily overlooked), I think they will surprise us in at least having 'some' of them up for release following Blizzcon, with the others due to come not long afterwards.