Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by chaotus View Post
    Florida and a handful of states have laws that allow the greater access to police records then what is consider common in the majority of the country. It's the reason why you see crazy stories in Florida so often because access to the information is easier and more rampant. It's no more crazy then any other area statistically, the stories are just easier to publish down there.
    As true as that might be that still doesnt explain why we get a new crazy story almost on a daily basis unless shit like this is common but there is no true freedom of the press in other states and all whacky crimes are never reported on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    As true as that might be that still doesnt explain why we get a new crazy story almost on a daily basis unless shit like this is common but there is no true freedom of the press in other states and all whacky crimes are never reported on.
    Most people have a very small view of how absolutely large our world is. So much more happens in a single day then you could ever imagine if you count the number of human interactions in a given day. I'd absolutely go with the concept that crazy is more mainstream then your lead to believe. Lived in NJ/NV/IL/NY/CA/FL. They were all their own special flavors of crazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wowhasnothrone View Post
    half of your posts are ridiculous, pointless new threads
    This is Off-Topic. We're accustomed to much worse offenders, in the ridiculous pointless threads department

Not gonna lie, i didnt know if this was serious or not. There is no place in the USA that is like GTA. Not even Detroit, Camden, LA, NYC or DC.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Idk about sexual innuendo, greed is a definite yes, pedestrians being rude depend on the location, ad driving recklessly HUGE YES.
    Ya, I mean clearly some Americans are playing GTA:RL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tankendog View Post
    Not gonna lie, i didnt know if this was serious or not. There is no place in the USA that is like GTA. Not even Detroit, Camden, LA, NYC or DC.
    Does Detroit even have police anymore? I feel like it's probably GTA:RL if ever there was one - they should advertise that to increase their tourism

They need to build a Robo-Cop already, then Detroit will be safe-ish.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    my sister being an example of people who shouldnt have a license... She even cursed at the insurance company for increasing her payments cause she has so many tickets on her record for speeding and road rage induced accidents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it is.

Everything you see in video games is 100% true and factual.

I heard it on the internet.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryre View Post
    Totally fake, hookers are much more harder to beat up!
    I havnt loled that hard in like 2 weeks.

America is a big place so I would not be surprised if someone's life on that massive island has some kind of resemblance to a GTA game, but for the day to day person? no way in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Does Detroit even have police anymore? I feel like it's probably GTA:RL if ever there was one - they should advertise that to increase their tourism

They need to build a Robo-Cop already, then Detroit will be safe-ish.
    So if Detroit has no police, doesn't that mean it's basically Carcer City from Manhunt...
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Somehow I knew, by the title of the thread, who the OP was.

To answer the question: of course not. GTA is just a fictional game and is not representative of anything.
    Same here. The OP has no idea how to form their own opinions or use google.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Where do you even get these questions captain rhetorical question?

978 threads started. All of them pointless. Just stop already.
    Aye mate

I'm pretty sure every person in Frances is like one of the characters in Amelie.

Reminds me of this one time my african religions teachers told me he was asked by someone if he knew so-and-so in Africa and Africa is 3X the size of the United States lol.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you think of gta just 1 person doing everything then no...

But it does happen in america every day...just not all in same city, but in all posible contrys.

Example:
    https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/us.html

Death rate:

Population: 316,668,567

8.39 deaths/1,000 population (2013 est.)

In total 7279 people die in america every day. (sickness, accidents, murders and so on)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    It's amazing how far GTA has come and there is still no two weapon limit. Like where is the protagonist or online character keeping all these weapons? It's the one thing that still breaks the true realism in my opinion.
    What about how you're able to flip your upside-down car over while still inside of it? What about how you can easily blow a car up just by shooting it? Falling off a building and not dying? Refilling health gauge? Hiding from the cops for a minute and them giving up? Buying fully automatic weapons from a gun store? Driving up steep cliffs?

Hell, I was surprised by how degraded the performance of cars get when you crash them a lot and how I couldn't seem to make them blow up by crashing them. That kind of realism kind of annoyed me. I don't want realism in every aspect of the game :P
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...your comments here directly live up to the game's mission sequence involving the group of self-righteous brothers hunting down "illegals" trying to capture and deport them, based purely on their own superstitions and prejudices as they unfairly taze/detain anybody they consider "suspect" (ie. says something odd or is Spanish of origin).
    o.O Wow that just.. Yeah. Didn't know that game even had much of a point.

Meh, that quest line could have been a lot funnier, but it was sort of low-hanging fruit.

Instead of having the clever, biting satire that Rockstar is known for, it was like they just handed it to an intern and said "here.....write a few tired 'Merica jokes and slap them onto some NPCs". At least the radio makes up for it.

GTA is an exaggeration of America, but there's a grain of truth to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    But Florida is a special case isn't it? I mean just look at this https://twitter.com/_FloridaMan
    or this http://www.reddit.com/r/FloridaMan

"Florida Man Screamed "Fuck Them Horses" Before Punching Police Horse"
    "Florida Man Accused of Drive-By Dog Poop Attack"
    "Florida Man Attacks Stranger's Car With Sandwich"
    "Illegal Butt Injections Land Florida Man in Jail"
    "Florida Man Rides Elephant Into Wedding "
    My new favorite subreddit.
    Putin khuliyo