Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The game is a caricaturized version of the US.

Honestly it's VERY similar to how the US News Media portrays itself.

This of course does NOT include the criminal activities of the main characters; just the lives going on around them.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Not counting the fact you are usually in control of a sociopath, is America really in resemblance to the sad, cruelly cynical satire that is portrayed in a common Grand Theft Auto game, or not even close? I have little social experience, so maybe you could answer.
    Nope not at all.

Now if you want a game that really dose portray us really well check out Saints Row IV that one dose it perfect
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Nothing portrayed in video games, books, comics, tv shows, or movies is as real as real life. Even reality TV is specifically designed to be as dramatic as possible. GTA is no different in this regard.
    not that far off really
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Pacman was based on a true story.
    Little known fact, it's based on a horror story, medical drama, reality TV show star, and super hero comic book.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    ;( I was sooo damn close to create a Thread with title "Is Tomb Raider a real example for the work of british archaeologists?"
    Indiana Jones is an example of American Archaeology.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    ;( I was sooo damn close to create a Thread with title "Is Tomb Raider a real example for the work of british archaeologists?"
    To be fair, that pretty much is an example of British Archaelogy circa the 1800's:

1) Show up in foreign lands.
    2) Find basic directions on the nearest temple-structure.
    3) Kill anyone between you and the temple.
    4) Collect Shinies.
    5) Return to English Mansion to practice your gymnastics and shoot priceless vases

I heard SSX is an accurate depiction of Snowboarding
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-10-25 at 06:16 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

You can barely get away with stealing a bicycle in this country. Hell, you can't even walk down the street if you're black without being shot by a mexican. Although, you can get away with killing your ex and her boyfriend if you're black, if you have three lawyers and a good friend named Kato.

Seriously though we imprison 10x as many people per capita than any other country in the world, 40% of which are African American. We imprison around 1% of our population, which I'm sure has nothing to do with the fact that our prisons are run by private corporations in many cases, which in turn fund law makers political campaigns. Definitely has nothing to do with our recidivism rates. Our war on drugs is more like a war on the poor, that can't afford representation so become victims of the system, pawns in someones scheme for money and power. America is more like chess, it helps if you are born as "royalty" though pawns in rare cases can become queens usually only when guarded or shaped by "royalty."

Though we are a cynical lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it. GTA has always exaggerated the violence and corruption. On the other hand, it's (generally) underplayed issues like rape and drug abuse, and is a straight up brutal satire of trends and politics.

It's essentially America if it was populated solely by the internet.

Deleted
    No, real life is not like GTA

Of course, just like Transformers is an accurate portrait of the automobilistic business

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Was Ms.Pacman a prostitute?
    Only to put herself through pac-college.

Once she got that cosmetology certificate, she went legit.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Of course, just like Transformers is an accurate portrait of the automobilistic business
    That's just ridiculous! They are an accurate portrait of an alien life form based on machinery and a really wicked rubrics cube. While Michael Bay is an accurate depiction of an ass hole...

Wasn't GTA a British made game?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi