1. #1

    Question about these recipes learned from profession dailies

    Are they learned in an order that was pre done by blizz or is the learning pattern random? Hope you understand what i mean xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

  2. #2
    Learning is random. I've got all pve crafts in a week on my first leatherworker, and I've got none pve crafts on another.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Are they learned in an order that was pre done by blizz or is the learning pattern random? Hope you understand what i mean xD
    If you mean the Mists ones that you learn by doing a daily cooldown, then they are completely random. You'll keep learning new recipes till you run out, but have no control of when you will learn what.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  4. #4
    Yeah i meant the mop ones thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

  5. #5
    Its random for JC at least. You cna be smart about how to go for certain patterns though.

  6. #6
    Wouldn't make sense for Blizz to make it non-random

  7. #7
    The only ones that you can sort of steer is the JC one. If you still have red cuts left to learn, doing research with red gems will allways yield a red design. When you have learned all red ones, you'll learn a random one from another color. Not quite useful when you need a specific cut, but it does allow you to do cheap research by only using blue or yellow gems. The Spirit of Harmony one is completely random.

    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Learning is random. I've got all pve crafts in a week on my first leatherworker, and I've got none pve crafts on another.
    Oh the pain of getting all the patterns from Leatherworking. Only missed a few days and still need 20+ patterns, 2 of which are PvE. My Tailor and Blacksmith learned all the new plans weeks ago.

    At least things will be different in WoD, with items just changing according to spec.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by defiate View Post
    Wouldn't make sense for Blizz to make it non-random
    You mean like it wasnt random in Lich king and Cata? Much better system.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    You mean like it wasnt random in Lich king and Cata? Much better system.
    WotLK and Cata suck if you're a completionist. Currently you can get one MoP design a day, plus whatever you can learn through excess Spirits. Previously you could only get 1 token a day (WotLK had some additional sources with the damaged jewelry and titanium dust, but they were rare and expensive respectively), with designs ranging from 2 to 6 tokens. You'll spend close to a year doing the Wrath dailies to get all the patterns and over a year and a half to get all the Cata ones.

    I'm hoping they stick with the current model. A cheap daily research, coupled with something similar to the Spirit research. You're free to research with whatever rare gems you have in abundance, rather than getting unlucky and having a daily require the same gems for days on end, resulting in inflated AH prices.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    WotLK and Cata suck if you're a completionist. Currently you can get one MoP design a day, plus whatever you can learn through excess Spirits. Previously you could only get 1 token a day (WotLK had some additional sources with the damaged jewelry and titanium dust, but they were rare and expensive respectively), with designs ranging from 2 to 6 tokens. You'll spend close to a year doing the Wrath dailies to get all the patterns and over a year and a half to get all the Cata ones.

    I'm hoping they stick with the current model. A cheap daily research, coupled with something similar to the Spirit research. You're free to research with whatever rare gems you have in abundance, rather than getting unlucky and having a daily require the same gems for days on end, resulting in inflated AH prices.

    But the designs arent for completionists they should cater for making it interesting for active JCs that use the profession. I never had a problem in just starting at the beginning and making sure I did my daily. Didint find the damaged necks or dust were that expensive. Its dull when everyone has everything really fast. At least in wotlk people had to be thoughtful about what designs to go for. It was like a game of chess in the early weeks.

    My preferred optopn was where designs dropped like in Vanilla and TBC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •