Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

WoW youtubers you like/dislike

Who are some of the WoW youtubers that you love?

Recently I've been enjoying the content of Nobbel87 and Danger Dolan. These two guys do some great wow lore summaries and have some really insightful opinions as to the state of affairs in wow. Danger Dolan also has great speculation topics, and Nobbel does great lore videos. They really do care about the direction of this game and its lore. Mike preach is pretty cool too.

As for youtubers I don't really like. Tradechat is probably one of my least favourites. Seems to me that she is just a regular vlogger/Letsplayer that repeats things she views on MMO-C. As for original content Hmmmm not much to be found.
    You make me smile with my heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP/arena streamers
    Wrath baby and proud of it

I dislike them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched a couple of wow streamers on twitch and damn the game is actually really boring to watch if your not playing the game yourself and the streamer was so up himself made it even worse to watch it, and the chat was full of people just sucking up too the streamer trying to get his attention was quite pathetic to watch and also he had a donation ticker running long the bottom of his screen showing who donated to him, people actually part with there parents money to help these guys stream full time please get a real job.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tradechat is a glorified copy and paster from news sites. Though I suppose that's not really her fault as there isn't really any chance of her getting the early scoop on something. That honor belongs to sites like this. At best she gets interviews with devs where all the answers given are what we already know.

I liked when Jesse Cox did WoW videos, I know he's moved on to being part of the cancer that is Polaris but would it kill the guy to show love for the game that rocketed him to internet fame?

Swifty. Not because of the person or the videos he does, simply because of the plague he's let loose upon WoW by unoriginal idiots putting "Swiftypvp" and "Swiftypwns" in their character names. I see at least one everyday or every couple of days. A good ol' /slap and /spit is very much in order!

WoWCrendor, I actually do like him when he puts out content for something other than Hearthstone (Hearthstone is awesome, but he plays it way too much). For someone with a channel dedicated to WoW he hasn't really done anything worthwhile with it in ages. He has a habit of re-hashing old ideas too.
    Butts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    Tradechat is a glorified copy and paster from news sites. Though I suppose that's not really her fault as there isn't really any chance of her getting the early scoop on something. That honor belongs to sites like this. At best she gets interviews with devs where all the answers given are what we already know.

I liked when Jesse Cox did WoW videos, I know he's moved on to being part of the cancer that is Polaris but would it kill the guy to show love for the game that rocketed him to internet fame?

Swifty. Not because of the person or the videos he does, simply because of the plague he's let loose upon WoW by unoriginal idiots putting "Swiftypvp" and "Swiftypwns" in their character names. I see at least one everyday or every couple of days. A good ol' /slap and /spit is very much in order!

WoWCrendor, I actually do like him when he puts out content for something other than Hearthstone (Hearthstone is awesome, but he plays it way too much). For someone with a channel dedicated to WoW he hasn't really done anything worthwhile with it in ages. He has a habit of re-hashing old ideas too.
    I agree with your point about WoWCrendor. I'm currently subscribed to him at the moment. He is really funny but the hearthstone videos...ugh -_- That being said, it's his channel he can put up whatever he like.

Tradechat's view count has taken a dive over the past while. I think her audience is kind of aware of the channel's flaws now.

As for Swifty, I haven't watch many of his videos but I can see where you are coming from. I never really got the point of making macro vids. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't all those Big Crit videos done with toons that have no armor? What's the point?

Oddly enough, if you search the dark edges of youtube you can find some crazy good machinimas/bits from talented unknowns. I kinda wish that they would get a bit more spotlight.
    You make me smile with my heart.

Nobbel is awesome his videos are really well researched and explained, so is WoWCrendor his sense of humour is great. Jesse Cox was good but he seems to have moved on now unfortunately.

I guess he doesn't play anymore but TotalBiscuit was probably the worst arsehole looking back at it, and that TradeChat girl I absolutely hate (nothing worse than 'false' nerdiness to get attention/views/money off lonely nerds).

I also hate most streamers, especially those who spam it in game.

It's really sad that WoW content as a whole from YouTubers has taken a MASSIVE nose dive, no great machinimas seem to get made anymore or WoW songs/music videos.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike Swifty and Co.

I like Wowhobbs and Mikepreach.

Deleted
    Mikepreach. Someone who clearly hates the game in its current state yet feels the need to tell us we should all hate it too. And according to the rules of being a filthy casual, I must totally suck at this game as well. And of course expect everything to be handed to me, and the usual rudeness/lack of cooperation... Sigh.

Deleted
    Nobble's lore vids are unparalleled.
    Danger Dolan actually has some decent opinions on a variety of matters.
    Totalhalibut was thé guy for me during Cata beta, so sad he moved on. Ironically he left at the point WoW lost most of its subs.
    Jesse Cox's Cata Map vids were absolutely fantastic.
    WoWCrendor has the best Machinimas.
    Hobbs has very cool tanking videos.
    Mike Preach is OK, but he kinda wants everyone to like old WoW.

Too bad most of these guys moved on to other games.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Watched a couple of wow streamers on twitch and damn the game is actually really boring to watch if your not playing the game yourself and the streamer was so up himself made it even worse to watch it, and the chat was full of people just sucking up too the streamer trying to get his attention was quite pathetic to watch and also he had a donation ticker running long the bottom of his screen showing who donated to him, people actually part with there parents money to help these guys stream full time please get a real job.

Are you referring to heelvsbabyface? I like his videos-they're informative, fun and interesting. I have had the chance to see a bit of his work on twitch, and that ticker is annoying. Why is he getting donations and what are they towards? I think at one point he said he was getting a new computer, and I hope he isn't asking people for money. Get a freaking job. If you've got money to pay for a subscription and a computer that you do raids with (he recently did SoO on flex and a bit on LFR), then don't ask others for it. He has a cat as well, and pets are expensive.

Back on subject, I also like the DD Guides. He really does his research with all the topics people throw at him.
    Nobbel's videos are also informative.

Deleted
    I don't watch any

Deleted
    never heard of danger dolan, but nobbels videos are pretty cool!

i use to love wowcrendors old videos.

I don't mind most, but not a huge youtuber. I can't stand Mikepreachwow due to his ridiculous and factually incorrect rant that constantly got reposted in forums during end of cata/early MOP. It's like the idea of research was lost on the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

All of the female ones and most of the PvP players who aren't really any good at all (Swifty, Athene etc).
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    please get a real job.
    Your being serious?

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nobbel's lore videos are great... but I have this terrible dislike for his accent and the way he pronounces some words. I feel bad for saying that as he does some really solid stuff but I can't help it. It's just some weird mix of the tone of his voice + the pronunciation of words + the accent itself that irks me. Maybe I've been listening to American and British accents on youtube too much.
    Butts.

I'm subbed to the following WoW players

Jesse Cox
    MercaderGaming
    Ikkiau (FinalRequiem, DK/Monk)
    BajheeraWoW
    Swiftyirl
    Wowcrendor
    Johnsju (Swifty)
    Mikepreachwow
    TradeChat
    CraniusPresents (just in case...)
    Hogmanlolz (Cartoonz)

And of course the Raiding ones like FatbossTV/Method/BloodLegion etc.

However I'm not sure why I'm still subbed to half of them since some are just bland now (Swifty mostly), and most are spamming their channels with Hearthstone or other stuff instead of the WoW they used to.

Big thumbs up for Nobbel. I also love FatBoss guides. They are really entertaining and informative.

I used to be subscribed to WoWCrendor but his content got pretty old and boring. Other than that I can't watch WoW videos on youtube because WoW is already repetitive enough when you play it, why would you want to watch someone else do the same thing you've been doing?