Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Lag-free connection, even across a satellite ISP.

The return of realm firsts, and more specifically, realm-first titles. Guess what: You work hard, you earn more than others. You take away that significance (as they have in Pandaria) you water-down the game. Motivation becomes lost. Subscriptions dwindle. And a trading-card game based on game heroes is made that is played by League of Legends ranked players during queue times.

If heroics returned to being Heroic Shattered Halls/Arcatraz difficulty (similar to Cata launch) that would make me immediately re-sub. Whether I would stay or not depends on other factors.

Remove faction transfers. They should have never factored into this game. Once upon a time, Tigule said they would *never* allow faction swaps. This was, of course, back in Vanilla when Tigule was still a presence within the Warcraft community. Money beckons, and it was a change I personally disagree with.

Remove the caps on Valor/Conquest daily allowance. It is an artificial gating mechanism designed to extend your stay within the world. There was no problem maintaining subscriptions when there was no limit, and similar to the mentality of realm-firsts: "work harder, earn more".

Stop flirting with selling gear. In asia, as I understand it, Blizzard sells bonus rolls for cold-hard currency. How this is not seen by the developers and the community as selling gear is beyond me. You buy charms, those charms become rolls, those rolls become gold or gear. They're selling gold (something already taking place in another Blizzard game) and gear. Six of one, half-a-dozen of the other.

Shatter Azeroth. The sundering hardly felt dangerous to our homeland. It's always in a near-pristine state while we go off to fight our wars in other lands, only to return home to the heartland that is Azeroth. Make the Legion come and burn it all in green felfire, or the Old Gods pervert the landscape. I'll leave it to story writers whom are more capable than I to decide what taints our precious home.

Stop re-skinning mounts. I am perfectly capable of understanding that modeling a new structure, especially one with animation, in a game requires a great deal more effort than even high-definition texturing. Perhaps money should be invested into expediting the process of creating new models. Not taking Cho'Gall and tweaking the visible textures slightly to look like a whiny narcissistic Orc on Old-God crack.

Physics would be nice, but not necessarily for my personal return. Physics could be done client-side like virtually all-other games, leaving the ragdoll effects up to the client computations.

Guild housing. Guild earns gold, spends gold on new rooms/structures/differently-skinned walls. Trophy rooms showcasing the bosses you've killed, maybe an achievement room with plaques displaying guild achievements. Portals rooms to major cities and maybe other significant areas that require a daily/weekly/monthly upkeep to continue to function, and additionally cost a lot to purchase initially. Your imagination is the limit here. The technology has been in place since Wrath and the first phasing technology. I have heard Blizzard's reasoning as to why it hasn't happened (they want cities to feel populated), but I don't agree with it. City of Heroes is a prime example of how guild housing does work.

Make future legendaries more common than green-quality items. I didn't think any legendary could beat out the 'Tarecgosa's stack-fire-mages-for-heroic-spine Wrath' legendary. I was wrong. Also I need to figure out how to add sarcasm tags to sentences.

Stop demonizing the dedicated player. They're going to tell you far more than the window-licker that thinks Emperor Shahao rep is hard (players born before Shendralar) and that they deserve it because they pay $15.00 a month. I find it humorous when blues criticize meters and logs, but half of the work of game developers is statistics and analytics. It's as if when we (players) do it, it's wrong, but when they do it, it's right.

Finally, the return of Turalyon and the culling of the misbegotten, immature, reckless, self-destructive self-consuming Horde. Either of those. But Turalyon needs to return.
    Last edited by Mythrandir17; 2013-10-25 at 02:26 AM.

Deleted
    Give me 4.3-like catch-up mechanism with some solo content and i'm in. 5-man dungeons, valor epics and isle/daily hub is all i want. I don't like nor care LFR/raiding at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they put gothic feeling and a serious storyline into the game. And made raids and dungeons flexible for any level, so that content stays actual instead of becoming trash every next patch. Oh and real-time big events. I wanna see history happening rather than just farm dailies.

15+ Year Old Account
    the removal of both cataclysm and mop and all of their changes (talent points, races, etc).

a redirection of focus on the lore in vanilla, tbc and wrath, yes more expansions, but not obscuredragonsillypandaetc...

additional polygons. hell keep the artwork, just add polygons and maybe bumpmapping.

an overhaul of the loot system, epics are too easy, everything is too easy/homogenized. also, bring back attunements. force people to do all tiers, even latecomers.

The Removal of Flying Mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Give me 4.3-like catch-up mechanism with some solo content and i'm in. 5-man dungeons, valor epics and isle/daily hub is all i want. I don't like nor care LFR/raiding at all.
    Two words, Timeless Isle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I agree with Flex starting with 8 man. While Flex helps 25 man guilds that have problems filling their roster, there are a lot of small friends and family 10 man guilds with the same issue. That one isn't that big of a deal to me personally but I do agree with it.

In Depth skill tree system like(similar in complexity not in design) the one in Path of Exile, and more class and spec customization in general.

A new in world/non instanced/non queued scaling group content that provides a reasonable means of alternate progression that is comparable to the same kind of progression you can get from other methods like LFR. And of course, it should be fun.

Player created spaces, including but not limited to housing.

As an addition to pet battles that let's you breed(mix), evolve, and further customize battle pets. Also pet battles should be as rewarding of a time sink as other time sinks in the game.

I resubscribed yesterday because friends asked if I would like to run some challenge mode on alts.
    And CM are one of the most fun features that MoP brought to the table in my opinion.

Why aren't there a "why did you resub" question when you add gametime on bnet? Just like there is a question why you stop playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Yeah. You can join with down to 7 people.
    We did blackfuse on flex with 9, because we couldn't get enough people there. And as you mention it's not really hard doing raids with less than what it's meant for. I guess we've all done that at some point^^
    Playing wow, still, so can't really comment on what would bring me back
    I remember a vanilla raid group that ultimately downed Onyxia with less than 10 people. Onyxia 1.0, mind you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely nothing Blizzard offered could possibly make me resubscribe...

...because I am currently still subscribed.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I seriously doubt a single feature would make anyone who previously quit rejoin. If they quit then they quit for a really good reason that isn't simply fixed with some feature.
    Depends on why you quit in the first place, if you're just bored with the content then new content would be enough to bring someone back. Personally I've quit and come back several times, longest break something like 1 year.
    If you quit because of the mechanics of the game then no, you will probably never look back.

Edit: and I did come back a few weeks ago because of content.
    Last edited by Caelia; 2013-10-25 at 08:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, im still subsribe but i'd love to see new character models and option to paint your armor could be cool as well as more character customization like scars, tattoos etc.

Deleted
    New character models,and for God sake,more character customization options (aka. scars,marks,etc.).Every good RPG and even MMOs (Guild Wars 2,upcoming ESO,etc.) have something like that for the characters....except for World of WarCraft.World of WarCraft still uses 10 year old models.

move back to the western culture
    and removed flying mounts

I am waiting for server merges mainly as my pvp server Jubei'Thos is mostly Horde and its a gank fest anytime something new is realesed, for me this is the main thing. But I want the Mentor levels like in Rift, Free to play with a store similar to Rifts store set up would be nice. Some world activities would be nice like a boss that would attack random cities.

New Models. I'd have to see what they look like first, and then decide. Though, it probably won't make me stay subbed for very long. What would keep me subbed would be playable High elves.

It wouldnt be 1 feature, itd have to be half a dozen:

1. Focus on [more] Heroic Dungeons again
    2. Less dailies...And by less I mean hardly any, and the rewards would suck. Make DUNGEONS the dailies.
    3. Less Scenarios... lazy content
    4. LFR and Heroics removed. Flex and Normals in.
    5. ^ Make Raids progression based, not bosses version based. Meaning, have an easy raid, and harder raid, and a very hard raid per tier like vanilla. Flex would make each of those tiers 1 progression zone lower.
    6. Squish... hitting for 2 million damage is stupid. And that number will go higher very soon.

Thatd bring me back, but it wont happen, doubt many of them will tbh.
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2013-10-25 at 10:20 AM.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

I can't really think of a single feature that'd make me resub. I canceled because I was burned out/bored with the game at the end of Cataclysm. Just needed a change of pace. My guild of 6+ years also broke up at the end of Cataclysm, and I didn't feel like starting over elsewhere. All those things combined made me quit. No hate for the game itself though. I reactivated for a month or two in MoP and liked what I saw, but I've reached 90 on my main and feel like I've seen/done everything short of raiding / high-end hard stuff, which my current schedule doesn't allow me to do.

I'm probably going to come back whenever the next expansion comes out. A fresh, new world to explore and quest is what it'll take for me to come back. I'm REALLY hoping that some of my friends/guildies will come back as well.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-10-25 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    the removal of both cataclysm and mop and all of their changes (talent points, races, etc).

a redirection of focus on the lore in vanilla, tbc and wrath, yes more expansions, but not obscuredragonsillypandaetc...

additional polygons. hell keep the artwork, just add polygons and maybe bumpmapping.

an overhaul of the loot system, epics are too easy, everything is too easy/homogenized. also, bring back attunements. force people to do all tiers, even latecomers.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Problem is tha while this would remove the self-entitled/lazy crowd bliz has attracted, I think the game may be too old to bring the gamers back. In other words, blizzard has painted themselves into the corner where they have to pander to these people or let wow die.