Page 1 of 2
LastLast

father/husband/full-time job/gamer and men's physique competitor :)

Hi guys, this thread is by no means to brag, show off, or bully people who are out of shape, because I was there myself once. Everyone has different situations going on in their lives. I just want to show that its possible to get in shape , do some gaming and be a father and husband at the same time and try to motivate people I play WoW alot, D3, and sometimes SC2 (even though I totally suck at SC2 lol)

On my off season when i'm not dieting as hard, I game a little more but still try to plan out my meals etc and train when i can. When I diet for a men's physique competition, I usually game maybe 3 times a week for an hour or so. Check out my links below. If you have any questions about dieting or training, I will try to answer them as much as possible when I have time, cheers

http://instagram.com/ebone45
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ebone45/
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/trans38.htm

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno, does 3 hours a week of gaming make one a gamer?

Would 3 hours a week of jogging make one a runner?

Lol I remember reading your transformation article a while back.
    Well done brah. Mirin ab symmetry. I've got 4, then one giant one at the bottom. Like a 4.5 pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Dunno, does 3 hours a week of gaming make one a gamer?

Would 3 hours a week of jogging make one a runner?
    Lol sorry that's only when I'm dieting hard for a competition for 3 months. Off season when I'm competing I play for several hours at night after work. I work from 4pm to 11 pm.

I kinda agree with Slacker. I'm in a similar situation to the OP. I'm a father, husband, work fulltime. I don't work out though. I ride my bike 3 hours a week. That doesn't make me a cyclist.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

haha I remember you, you're the dude everyone was freaking out about cause you took a pic normal then one in the mirror and everyone was saying it's not the same dude cause the tat changed sides... idiots don't know how mirrors work.

I understand what you guys mean. I guess I'm more of a casual gamer. Although I do have 3 lvl 90s and a paragon 100 barb.

Why would you have your tatoo changed from the left shoulder to the right one ?

Quote Originally Posted by uwotmate View Post
    Why would you have your tatoo changed from the left shoulder to the right one ?
    Lol here we go again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your post caught my interest, Ebone45. I have just recently started exercising every other day for 2 weeks now. First of all, what would be the best advice you would give to someone just starting out?

To what extent do you think the saying "eat whatever you want and as long as you work out, you will have the body you want" is true? Keep in mind that most people only want to "be in shape" and not necessarily be in "the best possible shape" they can be, as is the case for someone like yourself, who enters fitness and physique competitions.

How important do you think personal trainers are when trying to get in shape? I finally started with my own routine, though frankly speaking, I feel like the dog in the meme of "I have no idea what I'm doing". I figured actually starting was more important than starting to work out with all possible knowledge. I'm still curious, though, because I *could* shed the extra dollar and get a personal trainer at least twice a week.

Finally, how do you do it? I understand you reduce your game time when you're in competition season, but still. I don't have a job, but go full-time to university, and between university, homework, and gaming, I have little time for anything else. I have started to cut game time in order to work out. Can you give us a rough schedule of a typical day in your life? In competition season AND off-season, pretty please?

Thanks a lot for your time, and keep strong!

Sept 11 2005 and nov 8 2012 are the same pose, without mirrors and the tat changed. Seems like a legit question to me lol

How do you fare on the misc?

Thats very impressive man, good to see someone else out there doing the 2 "extremes" of lifestyles.

I'm a personal trainer, run my own business and im a middle distance runner, can spend upwards of 2hours a day training and am also in a US top 100 25man raiding guild. Although I'm not a father, and am still rather young (19), its good to see someone else out there doing similar things

Aries Merritt, 110m world record holder and gold medalist, is in a US top 60 25man guild, heres an article on him and his training/gaming
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/ov...t-aries-merri/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Castochi View Post
    "eat whatever you want and as long as you work out, you will have the body you want"

How important do you think personal trainers are when trying to get in shape? I finally started with my own routine, though frankly speaking, I feel like the dog in the meme of "I have no idea what I'm doing". I figured actually starting was more important than starting to work out with all possible knowledge. I'm still curious, though, because I *could* shed the extra dollar and get a personal trainer at least twice a week.

Finally, how do you do it? I understand you reduce your game time when you're in competition season, but still. I don't have a job, but go full-time to university, and between university, homework, and gaming, I have little time for anything else. I have started to cut game time in order to work out. Can you give us a rough schedule of a typical day in your life? In competition season AND off-season, pretty please?
    First statement is not true at all, you can be healthier by exercising by 70% of your health is diet and 30% exercise

I'm a PT, so i am a little bias but if you don't know what you're doing seek professional advice! or you will injure yourself

It's all about time management and not wasting your spare time - everyone can have their own meanings of wasting spare time but you gotta prioritise what you want/need to do
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by uwotmate View Post
    Sept 11 2005 and nov 8 2012 are the same pose, without mirrors and the tat changed. Seems like a legit question to me lol

How do you fare on the misc?
    in my Sept 11 2005 picture im not taking a selfie, Nov 2012 its a selfie in the mirror, the mirror makes the tattoo switch to the other side. Here's an example no offense btw, finger not meant towards you http://instagram.com/p/YtENC9TTPH/

Good on you for the hardwork. *thumbs up*
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Foto View Post
    Thats very impressive man, good to see someone else out there doing the 2 "extremes" of lifestyles.

I'm a personal trainer, run my own business and im a middle distance runner, can spend upwards of 2hours a day training and am also in a US top 100 25man raiding guild. Although I'm not a father, and am still rather young (19), its good to see someone else out there doing similar things

Aries Merritt, 110m world record holder and gold medalist, is in a US top 60 25man guild, heres an article on him and his training/gaming
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/ov...t-aries-merri/

- - - Updated - - -

First statement is not true at all, you can be healthier by exercising by 70% of your health is diet and 30% exercise

I'm a PT, so i am a little bias but if you don't know what you're doing seek professional advice! or you will injure yourself

It's all about time management and not wasting your spare time - everyone can have their own meanings of wasting spare time but you gotta prioritise what you want/need to do
    Thank you Foto, that is also impresive what you are doing yourself. I'm in no raiding guild like you, just the LFR noob stuff lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Your post caught my interest, Ebone45. I have just recently started exercising every other day for 2 weeks now. First of all, what would be the best advice you would give to someone just starting out?

To what extent do you think the saying "eat whatever you want and as long as you work out, you will have the body you want" is true? Keep in mind that most people only want to "be in shape" and not necessarily be in "the best possible shape" they can be, as is the case for someone like yourself, who enters fitness and physique competitions.

Castochi I'd totally agree to what Foto said. 70% diet 30% training. He's a personal trainer so he definitely knows his stuff.

I have no questions, but cheers on looking fuckin' great man. I'm not always a fan of the look competitive bodybuilder types pull off, but you've struck a great balance.

for the off season, I usually start gaming at about 12am till 3 or 4am.Kids already sleeping. I finish work at 11-12 at night, get my meal in, usually some sort of protein, with light carbs such as veggies. Go to bed around 4ish, before I do I have a scoop of casien protein(slow digesting protein while I sleep so I dont lose muscle) Wife takes kids to school cuz she sleeps early. I wake up around 11am, eat my 1st meal, which usually consists of egg whites and oatmeal, then I get to the gym by 12pm and pick up my kids from school at 2pm. go home, eat another meal or have a protein shake while helping my kids with homework. get ready for work again, repeat cycle. I work on saturdays and sundays , so I wake up early and spend the whole day with my kids and wife till work.
    I train 5 days a week on the off season, and rest on Saturdays and Weds, I use a split routine. I live in Vegas so my work schedule is weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I have no questions, but cheers on looking fuckin' great man. I'm not always a fan of the look competitive bodybuilder types pull off, but you've struck a great balance.
    thanks man, I use to do competitive bodybuilding, but I'm all natty and cannot compete with those big boys so men's physique fits me more, more of a healthy beach body look

Anyone can claim to be anything on the internet.

But changing your diet isn't that difficult just progressively doing it is the easiest way, and consistancy with the training is its most important aspect
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Three hours a week! I'm a gamer!

No. Sorry. Not to brag but aww heck sure I'll brag about myself!

Fankly since you had already been training for over 10 years, I'm less impressed. That there muscle memory helps a ton. From the sound of it all you did was load up on a ton of exercises in a 5 day split while on keto.
    I wake up around 11am... and pick up my kids from school at 2pm. go home, eat another meal or have a protein shake while helping my kids with homework. get ready for work again
    I work on saturdays and sundays
    father/husband/full-time job/gamer and men's physique competitor
    So you work like 4-12?
    Last edited by iggie; 2013-10-26 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Three hours a week! I'm a gamer!

No. Sorry. Not to brag but aww heck sure I'll brag about myself!

Fankly since you had already been training for over 10 years, I'm less impressed. That there muscle memory helps a ton. From the sound of it all you did was load up on a ton of exercises in a 5 day split while on keto.

So you work like 4-12?
    yes I work a swing shift, from 4pm to 12am in Vegas 5 days a week. Btw , this thread was not to brag or impress anyone because I'm sure tons of people have accomplished more than I have, all I'm trying to say that there is always time to exercise, stay in shape and yes I'm proud of what I've done. This was meant to motivate people. I'm sorry if you took this thread differently.

I should have made it more clearly I'm a casual gamer, but if you read clearly, during my contest prep, I don't game as much hence the 3 hrs a week. When I'm in off season not preparing for a show, I game a lot more in the wee later hrs at night, like 3-4 hrs a day all week and yes by standards thats still a casual gamer.

You are free to have an opinion of how you think I train, muscle memory, and keto diets(which I do not do btw)and I'm sorry you do not find this thread at all impressive, but thank you for the constructive criticism, I will reword my title and rethink my words the next time. Have a nice day train hard and game hard
    Last edited by Ebone45; 2013-10-26 at 11:11 AM.