Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by draconith1 View Post
    HOOKAY. There seems to be a lot of confusion on this point in regards to dampening. Lots of "LOOK AT THE MATH!!!!!" followed by horrible math that has absolutely no bearing in reality at all. I'll say this clearly so people can understand. THERE IS NO WAY THAT DAMPENING EFFECTS NECROTIC STRIKE IN A POSITIVE MANNER. I invite everyone to go ahead and ready this article because it sums things up easily and in a way all can understand. http://pvp-live.com/necrotic-strike-...ing-explained/

    Now then, there are going to be people who read that and think "HOLY SHIT BUT WAIT! If the healing is being dampened that means necrotic strike will be more op than damage because it will take longer to remove! Actually, this is not the case, if anything at a certain point stacking necrotic strike will be useless because if a DK is stacking it to the point where a healer can't possible remove it then it's a waste of resources. They would benefit more from an equivalent amount of regular damage. The reason being is unlike regular damage, necrotic strike has a duration and can fall off. Resulting in an actually longer time to kill targets.



    On your shaman facing a mage, if I'm bursting into your healing target with riptide up it will take two healing surges to bring them up to full. After dampening it hits 20% it will take a whole other cast for you to clear some of the damage and it still wont heal them to full. How is necrotic strike different owait, its not.
    The casting debuff being removed by healing, casting debuff making it harder to remove stacks. The biggest point is at this stage in the game YOU HAVE TO HARD CAST TO CLEAR STACKS. HARD CASTS ARE DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE WITH AN UNDISPELLABLE CAST SLOW. And yes I know you can CC the dk and let the stacks fall off, but guess what. You can literally do that with any class to avoid damage so that is irrelevant. I've gone over it but everyone keeps linking the same article without reading just about anything I've typed. Notice he mentions nothing about the cast slow. Or how a match actually plays. It isn't tug of war. there are mechanics involved.

    But whatever. I don't expect anything to change. Look at warrior stupidity right now. This is <1% of the issue warriors bring to caster dps and it's gone on this long.

  2. #42
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    11,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Necrotics are a pain for healers which is true but they also don't hit for much compared to say a warrior's mortal strike. I am surprised that you say that warriors are easier to kite than DKs as I always thought their mobility was way superior to ours.
    OT: I can disarm a warrior and los a warrior, dks have range/spell abilities.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    OT: I can disarm a warrior and los a warrior, dks have range/spell abilities.
    makes no sense you can disarm a dk and los him too... his dots will tick sure if thats what you mean but a warrior's deep wounds tick harder.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    The casting debuff being removed by healing, casting debuff making it harder to remove stacks. The biggest point is at this stage in the game YOU HAVE TO HARD CAST TO CLEAR STACKS. HARD CASTS ARE DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE WITH AN UNDISPELLABLE CAST SLOW. And yes I know you can CC the dk and let the stacks fall off, but guess what. You can literally do that with any class to avoid damage so that is irrelevant. I've gone over it but everyone keeps linking the same article without reading just about anything I've typed. Notice he mentions nothing about the cast slow. Or how a match actually plays. It isn't tug of war. there are mechanics involved.

    But whatever. I don't expect anything to change. Look at warrior stupidity right now. This is <1% of the issue warriors bring to caster dps and it's gone on this long.
    ok, I'll bite. How is that different from a warlock who has no CD's on curse of enfeeblement applying that slow then continuing to do damage? How is that different then rogue's mind numbing poison? Mage slow? Hunter cast speed slows from goats, foxes, sporebats, or core hounds? Eventually when playing these classes you are going to have to hard cast to clear damage. Sure these cast slows may be dispellable (except hunter pet I think.) but they can all be reapplied instantly for no CD other than 1 gcd (except hunter pet I think.) . So basically what death knights get with necrotic strike is an attack where at higher levels of dampening it will actually take LONGER to kill the target than any other class because half of their damage from it will be healing absorption which will just be wasted since healers probably couldn't get that amount of healing out in 10 seconds anyway and a cast speed slow which they might end up needing given the fact half of their damage from the other attack is pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    If you bathe your motherboard in the blood of 20 chickens during the first full moon after the equinox, the WoW gods will shower you with many loots.

  5. #45
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    11,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevz View Post
    makes no sense you can disarm a dk and los him too... his dots will tick sure if thats what you mean but a warrior's deep wounds tick harder.
    OT: Yous, but is I disarm a warrior he can not do nothing, a dk can do a few things while disarmed. To stop a warriors damage all you need to do is get out of his range, with a dk that is not the case.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    OT: Yous, but is I disarm a warrior he can not do nothing, a dk can do a few things while disarmed. To stop a warriors damage all you need to do is get out of his range, with a dk that is not the case.
    A warrior only ever gets 50% disarm duration (due to pvp set bonus) and reckstorm is immune to it, he can still shout, thunderclap. Disarm a DK and he will eat 100% duration unless he is sporting the sword shattering runeforge, during disarm he still won't be able to stack necrotics on you. The rest of a UH DK's damage will be pitiful to say the least consisting only of pet, coils & diseases & and maybe a Death and Decay on the ground. A frost DK would be easier to deal with since he cannot stack necrotics to the same height as Unholy and doing so will cripple his damage by denying him an Obliterate so high necrotic stacks a lesser problem for healers facing them.

    Also you say you can stay out of range of a warrior (despite his 2x charges and his leap, his spammable snares, and his reckstorm that cannot be cced) so keeping away from a DK should be far easier and the necrotic stack can very easily fall off if you deny him uptime in melee.

    I still don't see how allowing a DK to sit on you and build up his stacks is any different than allowing a warrior to sit on you with a mortal strike debuff + damage, a rogue with mind numbing + wound poison or anyone else.
    Last edited by Briga; 2013-10-28 at 05:40 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •