Macro suggestion for CS + SB

I recently got the Evil Eye of Galkras trinket. My stormbolt went from a 30second cd to 20.3 sec cd. I am wondering if anyone can suggest a macro that I can use to cast Colossal smash (20sec cd) and Stormbolt (20.3sec cd) together in one macro? Obviously I would want Colossal Smash to cast first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming they're both castable at the same time (ie one is off gcd)

#showtooltip stormbolt
    /cast stormbolt
    /cast colossal smash

should work fine.

(spell the spells right)

10+ Year Old Account
    Both are in the global cooldown. I'm against this kind of macro, but you should not use the macro above, since your Storm Bolt will be off the Colossus Smash debuff.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [reset=6] Colossus Smash, Stormbolt

This one should be ok, but I use keybinds on both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you tryiying to cast stormbolt before CS? Think you made a typo? In any event, I would not macro these abilities, since IF they do get desynced, you are kinda neutered.

I am not trying to cast Stormbolt first >.< I don't know why Rixis wrote out a macro that has Stormbolt casting before Colossal Smash. I thought I was pretty clear on that in my original post.

I am not able to make any macro's work that would cast Colossal Smash first followed by Stormbolt instead of having to use 2 keybinds for that since I always cast colossal smash followed by stormbolt. The CS cd is 20secs but the SB cd is 20.3 with the evil eye trinket so I thought I could macro them together in one keybind but I can't seem to get any macro's to work to do that. Does anyone know how to get a macro to work that would cast Colossal smash then .3 secs later cast stormbolt or I can just delay hitting the macro the instant it is ready allowing the SB cd to come back? I have tried several different macro's but none of them will cast stormbolt after colossal smash and idk why.
    Last edited by maisyz; 2013-10-30 at 01:34 PM.

It's not going to work 100% of the time, keep them separate or you're going to have problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just reverse his macro if you REALLY want to do this. I do not advise it though.

Deleted
    I have Storm Bolt macroed to Heroic Strike. Why? Because I only tend to use Heroic Strike within the CS debuff and Heroic Strike is an instant attack that will allow Storm Bolt to fire at the same time. Here is what I do...

CS > Heroic Strike/Storm Bolt > Raging Blow > Heroic Strike/Raging Blow > BS

Here is the macro...

#showtooltip Storm Bolt
    /startattack
    /cast Heroic Strike
    /cast Storm Bolt
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Quote Originally Posted by ripscar View Post
    I have Storm Bolt macroed to Heroic Strike. Why? Because I only tend to use Heroic Strike within the CS debuff and Heroic Strike is an instant attack that will allow Storm Bolt to fire at the same time. Here is what I do...

CS > Heroic Strike/Storm Bolt > Raging Blow > Heroic Strike/Raging Blow > BS

Here is the macro...

#showtooltip Storm Bolt
    /startattack
    /cast Heroic Strike
    /cast Storm Bolt
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    Sincerely this is the best solution. You'll have the rage for it if you're doing your rotation right anyway.