Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The game would be much better. Mists of Pandaria was great because you couldn't fly from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    i would have quit ages ago.
    Its sad that people think like this, I don't mind that there is flying mounts and wouldn't mind if there wasn't any either. Thing is now that they're here, people will miss them if they're gone (AKA 85-90 leveling zones) I enjoyed the no flying mounts, it provoked more exploration, it made me appreciate the zone design more, and it slowed my questing down considerably (definitely the quest model I'd agree on for all zones)

ALTHOUGH if I am making an alt, there should be account wide flying available. The first time through I should not be allowed to have a flying mount... the second time however I should be allowed to fly it. Some people enjoy leveling alts so they can be max level while others enjoy the process there so... there should be options for both parties.

Everyone would rely on bots to garher stuff. There would be nearly no alts and content wouldn't last even half as long as at the moment. Casuals would comply how they are all alone in the world with only bots. Casuals would as well cry because they cannot catch up since nobody is carrying them after they finally finished leveling months after the raiding crowd.
    I don't see that. Bots? It's easy for them to have flying mounts and farm better (but you need a coos to do that), without flying mounts you have all the player at the ground, more to walk/juml/whatever and ganks if you are not playing (PvP could be another thing to talk, some items to avoid ganks or some tools to force people to make PvP, etc...), so your bot will be a lot less effective than your flying bot.
    I don't understand why you put casuals in this argument, but whatever...

I don't see what the 'problem' is, no flying mounts would result in more 'player interaction' if by such interaction you mean griefing. When I see threads like this, I cannot understand how anyone that has played WoW still clings to their rose colored glasses. When such 'player interaction' happens on timeless isle, it is usually followed by ten minutes of argument in general chat. Until you can find a solution to the age old problem that 99% of the time 'world pvp' involves somebody who doesn't want to be pvped being pvped, you aren't going to make the general population happy with such changes.
    I'm not talking only for player interaction. Of course there will exists the bad behaviour, like now. I'm not talking from a "rose tinted glasses", I'm just pointing the same experience in other games that I'm playing now (I unsub, but Blizzcon and Diablo3 are giving me some hope in Blizzard again, and I'm a Blizzard fanboy, this is why I'm here), and I'm enjoying more this other games (PvP and PvE) than wow, but like I said, I'm a Blizzard fun boy and I prefer WoW (but gameplay experience is kicking me so hard to resub again).

Im torn on this. If flying mounts were never brought in, how upset would you really be? I think people are looking at if from the perspective of knowing how much better they made things and if we lost them. The question was if they were never introduced in the first place. Before flying mounts...there were much more secret places that people got to that they shouldnt be, because the designers left them in with the idea no one would be able to get there... i.e. Emerald Dream.

Now there really is no mystery or hidden areas to find, everything is obtainable.

on the other end of it...i cant see playing without them anymore haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Just epic!!!
    Some new ideas that could been created:

PvP: New tools to improve PvP (for avoid PvP and engage PvP) trinkets/items/etc. Without flying mounts, that type of things are really easy to design and affect the gameplay without killing anything, and more work for players to reach/craft/loot this new items/tools, etc...so more things to do.
    PvE: New tools for users (new skills maybe?) for playing and doing quest more fast. So players have more things to play versus environement (skills and gameplay).
    Maps: Platforms, new unreachable zones (that need skills/duels/etc.. to be reached if the player base want), elite zones uniques for endgame (timeless island/emerald dragons zones, rare-elites, etc...) that give us something to worry about, etc...(too much things here XD)
    Movility: New tools to move our own ass? Yes plis! Maybe something with professions, factions only flying routes, quest/keys to unlock new routes, old teleport items, etc...
    Etc, etc, etc...too much new things...
    You realise that flying mounts are a possible solution for all of those? You basically just told us why they were introduced.

I think im more glad that they exist rather than they dont. All those times u spent travleing somewhere has been so much more quicker :P
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadNeos View Post
    I see a lot of shit about Atonement and how every healer should have it. I don't think any healer should have it, I think tanks should tank dps should dps and healers should heal. Why don't they just remove healing from the game and give you a certain amount of health to use throughout the fight and if you mess up you die, if you do what you're supposed to you live. Everyone gets to dps and /flex at their numbers and the world is happy.

I'm glad we have flying mounts but the game would definitely feel a bit more immersive if we had to travel everywhere by land.

Totally agree flying mounts made the game less immersive but I would still hate if Blizzard removed them from the game completely.
    But imagine if people could only cast the flying mount near a Inn, in specific zones or in a major city.
    If you dismounted the flying mount for any reason in the world, lets say to engage a fight between 2 players fighting for a Mining node. If for some reason you would like to run away from the fight you would have to cast the ground mount to the near "flying mount cast zone allowed". This would make some immersive encounters in the world ^^

I also always wanted an item for "world pvp'rs" that on cast could make the player dismount and fall from his mount mid air with a parachute.....unfortunately world pvp is very broken because of flying mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    unfortunately world pvp is very broken because of flying mounts
    Or you could argue that world pvp is very broken because having heroic SoO gear makes you a god, its almost not fun ganking on TI anymore because anyone not in my guild on the server dies within seconds without ever having the chance to fight back. I remember back in vanilla it was like this, you want to farm for the crusader enchant? tough luck that tier 2 geared hunter will just kill you until you go away.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    There is not a flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. -Howard Zinn
    If trickle down economics is working, it's only because there is a damn leak somewhere! -The One Percent

What a bunch of horseshit.

I quested 85-90 with no flying like everyone else. I didn't interact with anyone, it wasn't immersive, I wasn't absorbed by the "design" of all the stupid hills and shit I was running around. I banged out my levels as fast as humanly possible so I could fly again, period.

"I hate flying mounts, but I can't help using them if they exist, so please take them away from everyone!"

God this forum is just a dumping ground for hardcore bullshit that no one posts on bnet anymore because they know they'll just wake up the next day buried in downvotes and 26 pages of being called an asshole.

Stairs. Lot of stairs to get up mountains. Slightly less interesting maps, as in, maps that are flat.
    Pop goes the Leman Russ and other fun Lascannon games.

(Sorry for my bad english; it's not my native language)

Flying Mounts killed the Game. It killed open PvP and it killed teamplay. It killed Flying Routes. It killed Immersion.

Blizzard would've designed a lot of the ingame content way different if there weren't any flying mounts. Quest's would be longer but far less in Quantity, though you would gain more exp/rep for completing one. People would team up for a bunch of 5 daily quests and need an hour to complete it. Why would they team up? PvP protection . Instead everyone just flies away if pvp happens and flies from quest to quest to do like 20-30 daily-quests in the same time.

think about it. no flying mounts would have changed the game. Think how boring LotR would have been if frodo just flew to mordor.

Would have never reached 10m subs, IMO one of the reasons they are losing subs is the flying restrictions.

The hardcore "leets" that love to post on MMO champ all whine and moan about how flying mounts ruined the game, but flying makes the game a true sandbox. The designated pvp zones are fine IMO for restricting players to ground mounts. Flying is one of the best features of WoW, and frankly when I've played other MMO's without flying, all I can think of it how much is sucks that I can't park myself on that cool mountain or how stupid it is I have to run through a billion zombies just to get to a dungeon.

Between the Spiral and Anti-Spiral dimensions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurf Blurf View Post
    What a bunch of horseshit.

I quested 85-90 with no flying like everyone else. I didn't interact with anyone, it wasn't immersive, I wasn't absorbed by the "design" of all the stupid hills and shit I was running around. I banged out my levels as fast as humanly possible so I could fly again, period.

"I hate flying mounts, but I can't help using them if they exist, so please take them away from everyone!"

God this forum is just a dumping ground for hardcore bullshit that no one posts on bnet anymore because they know they'll just wake up the next day buried in downvotes and 26 pages of being called an asshole.
    Exactly, totally agree. People who want to remove flying mounts for everyone because they don't like them. Sound like a bunch of entitled little shits. The reality is that the majority of these people never played the game prior to the advent of flying mounts, they are the same group that pretend they played in Vanilla to sound more hardcore or w/e. Those that did play back then, like me; know that going back to that system would be a god damn nightmare and people would hate it because they are too used to the convenience of flying mounts. Having flying mounts doesn't break immersion, kill pvp, or make the game anymore dull than it is. All it does is offer players a much needed quality of life change and less tedious form of transportation. I mean who really wants to go back to using flight paths with their horrible almost trolling pathing AI. Where it circles around the town you are trying to get to like 30xs before dropping you off. No, thank you. If you don't like flying mounts go play GW2 or SW:ToR.
    "If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you, you won't be able to walk."
    -
    Guts, Berserk.

Pokémon Safari: Rock Type (Magcargo/Barbaracle/Dwebble).
    FC: 0447-5673-4977
    MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Fullmetal89

exactly the same since you have to quest everything without flying at first. Everything would just take more time. That's all.
    • Thaelin: I pooped
    • Hansel: My beer died

I imagine the game would be absolutely excellent and a mecca for world PvP. And I'd definitely be having the time of my life.

Much, much smaller zones. I cannot imagine running through a Dread Waste or VotFW at 90 for any sizable amount of time before going bonkers and quitting.

Not really sure how much more ganking there would really be to be honest. People that fly through lowbie zones would probably be a more dedicated number who have the time to run to those zones. On the flip side, ganking opportunities in the 89-90 zones would be far worse.

Also, much less detail with the mountains, trees, tall buildings, etc. as no one would ever "see" them through draw distancing unless they got right to the foot of the object.

In sum, it'd be a totally different game in terms of space, and there is no way to know if that would be good/bad.

Game would've been much more fun and exciting.

Instead of people bitching to Blizzard to take out flying, there would be an equal amount of people bitching to add flying. You can't win with the WoW community. We only hate what's popular to be hated. Brb I'm gonna go write some hate mail about LFR, Nickelback and Lebron James.

Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    I imagine the game would be absolutely excellent and a mecca for world PvP. And I'd definitely be having the time of my life.
    People don't want world PvP. If they did, they would go out into the world and do it.