Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    its all very well people playing the martyr & saying what blizzard did was wrong, but i bet these same people would have been moaning years ago if blizz hadnt have added flying mounts.
    to people complaining about how it has harmed world pvp, i play on a normal realm & couldnt give a toss about pvp in any shape or form.
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2013-10-25 at 09:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenjie View Post
    A lot interacting with the players while exploring the places and questing.
    And ofcourse, much more world pvp, because you can't simply avoid them by riding.

And i think, if flying was not implemented, then there will be battles at every places where horde questplace - alliance questplace are close to each other.
    (like Tarrenmill - Southshore pvp)
    Do people not realize World PvP died when Battlegrounds got released & not cause of Flying Mounts. Just excuses.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Would just be a pain, yes it's cool to hoof it everywhere as a new player because everything seems big and new, but as someone who's played for years on end I really don't fancy having to do that at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    And it's exactly this kind of attitude that fly mounts brings forth, it's sickening... Perhaps we should remove all the trash mobs in dungeons and raids as well, they are in the way right?
    What a lame example, world mobs either you get knocked of your mount and just run out of the aggro zone or you spend the 10 seconds it takes to kill it and move on. WHAT THRILLING AND EXICITING CONTENT THAT IS!!!

Dungeon and raid mobs, actually have to put a slight focus on them, where world mobs I might as well just look away and run standard dps rotation.
    Sorry but I really don't see running through the forest and avoid easymode mobs that have already killed 20+ of, as good content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Do people not realize World PvP died when Battlegrounds got released & not cause of Flying Mounts. Just excuses.
    Shhhhh, they they didn't get the memo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarius View Post
    Flying mounts should be removed from the game.
    Instead: portals (teleport) that you klick on (takes as long as using your Heartstone). These portals should be all over the world, just as far apart so you save good time, but you still want to use your ground mount to finish your travel. (like Guild Wars 2)
    That would be horrible & pointless & I would quit if that ever happened. There are features ten times worst than Flying Mounts they don't break the game the community is what breaks it, because of BGs people didn't bother to much World PvP anymore. It happened here & there, but Southshore Vs Tauren Mill died down.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Recent experiments have shown, that people can not be pleased "ToC is shit, one big room with 5 bosses and no trash" vs "Trash before dark Shamans is insane and annoying", when any decent human being should go "The amount of trash is just right, in most places it works with the story and environment, but it also pleases people who want huge trashpacks and those who prefer areas between bosses without".

Nope...on forums it is always "This spot right here is shit and does not meet 99% of my comfort zone, change it RAWWRRRRWWW"
    I'm quite aware. But completely nullifying the dangers of the world and sense of exploring, is a lot like removing all trash mobs, with exception of some isles and whilst leveling up in a new expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Pretty much the same... People give it credit for ruining so much, yet the gameworld looks better than ever and with mop locking it until 90 PvE and exploring is fine.

WPvP, newsflash Blizzard made instanced PvP for a reason
    Well said, Exploring a new land is great, but once you hit max level your deserve to be able to fly on that character & look at that beautiful World from another view.

- - - Updated - - -

The old saying goes once you add something, its hard to remove it later on.

Arenas & LFR are a complete mess, but Blizzard will never remove them? Why should they remove Flying Mounts??

Flying Mounts are apart of the game just like Arenas & LFR.

The game would be much more of a time sink since it'll take over twice as long to get from a certain spot to another. Especially places you've seen a billion times.

Deleted
    What a lame example, world mobs either you get knocked of your mount and just run out of the aggro zone or you spend the 10 seconds it takes to kill it and move on. WHAT THRILLING AND EXICITING CONTENT THAT IS!!!
    The mobs have daze because they are meant to pose as some form of threat. That annoyance, whilst annoying is still necessary to give you an overall good experience. It's the same thing as the grinds in the game, how fun would factions be without reputation? How fun would raids be without gear? How would dying matter if your gear didn't have durability? There has to be punishment for failure, running straight through a pack of creeps isn't supposed to be safe.

Dungeon and raid mobs, actually have to put a slight focus on them, where world mobs I might as well just look away and run standard dps rotation.
    Actually for the most part the trash mobs even in raids are just as easy to kill as the ones in the world. Granted there's been a couple of them in the latest raids that has had some dangerous mechanic if the raid wasn't careful, but for the most part no. And definitely not in the dungeons.

Sorry but I really don't see running through the forest and avoid easymode mobs that have already killed 20+ of, as good content.
    If traveling the world isn't an enjoyable experience for you in a MMO, then perhaps an MMO isn't really for you.

I have already commented on how fly mounts affected experiences outside of world PvP, you should scroll up and re-read it.

Also I'm not suggesting that they remove the fly mounts now, it's far too late for that and would do loads more harm than good. I'm saying they should never have introduced them to begin with, the game would have been far more awesome without them. The only real way of getting rid of them altogether is to make WoW 2 without fly mounts.
    I pretty much agree with this...

On topic: I think when flying mounts wouldn't have been there, the flight paths would become a lot more important again. Like in vanilla where they were the main way to move yourself around Azeroth. And since they made a million of them and you don't need to discover them anymore I don't think it would change too much after all..

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Shhhhh, they they didn't get the memo
    Sigh I know, but I have hope people will finally understand one day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Watchout, total badass alert.

Targeting you ?

10+ Year Old Account
    If traveling the world isn't an enjoyable experience for you in a MMO, then perhaps an MMO isn't really for you.
    But the way it was presented in MoP not getting flying access until Max Level you got to explore while questing at 90 than you got to see the beautiful land from a whole different perspective. An it was worth the effort.

Deleted
    The mobs have daze because they are meant to pose as some form of threat. That annoyance, whilst annoying is still necessary to give you an overall good experience. It's the same thing as the grinds in the game, how fun would factions be without reputation? How fun would raids be without gear? How would dying matter if your gear didn't have durability? There has to be punishment for failure, running straight through a pack of creeps isn't supposed to be safe.
    So after having killed 20+ of them in quests and also a few on the way for fun. Just exacly is exciting or a good experience the next 9-10 months? Also after running dungeons and raids they pose no threat what so ever, they are just a threat for people leveling not people that is done with it. And again thank Blizzard for giving us the isles that at least pose a bigger threat and gives a new area to explore.

Deleted
    It's like the real life equivalent of - "Man, I'm so sick of these cars... Why not go back to the good ol' days when we had the horses and carriages, they were way better!"

I just don't have the time to ride through another zone for the 1 millionth time on a ground mount.

Deleted
    Actually for the most part the trash mobs even in raids are just as easy to kill as the ones in the world. Granted there's been a couple of them in the latest raids that has had some dangerous mechanic if the raid wasn't careful, but for the most part no. And definitely not in the dungeons.
    They pose a threat if 2 out 25 people are the only ones doing anything. So yeah they pose a bigger threat for the indiviual, not the group. Dungeons agreed, fucking horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a clue because I don't have access to an alternate reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    So after having killed 20+ of them in quests and also a few on the way for fun. Just exacly is exciting or a good experience the next 9-10 months? Also after running dungeons and raids they pose no threat what so ever, they are just a threat for people leveling not people that is done with it. And again thank Blizzard for giving us the isles that at least pose a bigger threat and gives a new area to explore.
    Even if they aren't needed in some quest you are on, they are still part of the world and still supposed to be a threat, that's the whole idea of it... It's a WORLD where the NPC's are "individuals" who you can do your best to avoid if you don't wish to fight them.

Your character is supposedly traveling from point A to point B, do you really think that a hungry savage bear will care if you have a quest to kill him or not? He will want to eat your flesh anyway and you will have to do your best to either avoid him or kill him.

Deleted
    I like traveling in MMOs, I like to fly up high and look down on the beautiful zones and remenis the quest and things I did there. I don't enjoy killing or avoiding the same mobs for the millionth time... I enjoy quaility of life in my MMOs.

Do i have to be really honest?

The game would have been the same as now, since no one would have even the concept of the flying mount. More world PvP for sure, but everyone would be used to it and very likley most servers would have gone all horde /all alliance because of the natural aggregation of players on more playable realms.

Flying mounts are a big QoL improvement. They have more or less killed world PvP, but at the same time most people found it annoying.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.