Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Describe how you imagine WoW being if flying mounts were never introduced.

I want to hear how everyone envisions how these last 7(?) years would have been without flying mounts.

It's an interesting thing to brainstorm.

A lot interacting with the players while exploring the places and questing.
    And ofcourse, much more world pvp, because you can't simply avoid them by riding.

And i think, if flying was not implemented, then there will be battles at every places where horde questplace - alliance questplace are close to each other.
    (like Tarrenmill - Southshore pvp)

Deleted
    I would probably more appreciate good wpvp and zone design. Would probably be more rpg like since running by foot increases the chance to see something, while riding mounts shows you everything at the start.

i would have quit ages ago.

I imagine boring zones with lazy designs, like tons of unrealistic roads to reach peaks or ... well, Dark Legacy comics explains this better than me. Flying made developers to work more seriously to the world we like to enjoy.

Honestly: The game would have been better without flying from WOTLK onwards. It shouldve just been a themed perk of TBC in hindsight.

Flying mounts is one of the best examples where blizz SHOULDNT have listened to players requests wanting them everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    i would have quit ages ago.
    Watchout, total badass alert.

10+ Year Old Account
    Designers would have gotten away with a lot more when it comes to the artwork, like awful looking tree tops that you don't see from the ground. Don't have to give buildings full models if players don't have access, etc.

I think flying has forced artists to consider their designs more.

probably like timeless isle
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Not much different, except most things take longer to do because of travel times. Maybe PvP realms would be less populous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eraclito View Post
    I imagine boring zones with lazy designs, like tons of unrealistic roads to reach peaks or ... well, Dark Legacy comics explains this better than me. Flying made developers to work more seriously to the world we like to enjoy.
    Agreed.
    I have nothing against flying mounts,however they should be a little bit more restricted,as they were in MoP at first.

Would've loved it more. I love cruising by some lowbies in my epic mount. I just prefered traveling around the world on my ground mount, even though itd take 5 minutes or so, compared to a flying mount which would take less then a minute, maybe even that.

flying mounts one of the main reasons i am not playing anymore ? so my guss the game would not be as dead as it is now

Something like timeless isle. Idiotic, senceless crowd of sheeps running in circles while wolves (ordos emissaries) are eating them. Very, very good from wpvp perspective. Very, very bad from pve

Deleted
    Flying mounts should be removed from the game.
    Instead: portals (teleport) that you klick on (takes as long as using your Heartstone). These portals should be all over the world, just as far apart so you save good time, but you still want to use your ground mount to finish your travel. (like Guild Wars 2)

Deleted
    Pretty much the same... People give it credit for ruining so much, yet the gameworld looks better than ever and with mop locking it until 90 PvE and exploring is fine.

WPvP, newsflash Blizzard made instanced PvP for a reason

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarius View Post
    Flying mounts should be removed from the game.
    Instead: portals (teleport) that you klick on (takes as long as using your Heartstone). These portals should be all over the world, just as far apart so you save good time, but you still want to use your ground mount to finish your travel. (like Guild Wars 2)
    What exacly does this achieve/help?

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Designers would have gotten away with a lot more when it comes to the artwork, like awful looking tree tops that you don't see from the ground. Don't have to give buildings full models if players don't have access, etc.

I think flying has forced artists to consider their designs more.
    Such a silly argument to me.

Does anyone really care what the treetops are like when they are content and happily riding on the ground? And i'd attribute much of tree changes anyway to just general art design and improvements as years go on. Many of the trees for years now arent 'forest canopy' trees designed to fill the sky up anyway, which is what quotes like this reference when they talk about bad trees(like the ones in Darkshire), but just smaller height stuff to make the environment more interesting to look at.

Its like saying X-ray vision would force devs not to be lazy and they couldnt get away with much - because they dont need to design the interior of a locked house. Well nobody cares what was inside, and nobody was going inside anyway - so whats the big deal.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2013-10-25 at 08:51 AM.

It would be more annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Pretty much the same... People give it credit for ruining so much, yet the gameworld looks better than ever and with mop locking it until 90 PvE and exploring is fine.
    The game world would still look as good as it does now even without flying mounts, that's the result of technology getting better, not the introduction of flying mounts.

Flying mounts shrinks the size of the world by allowing you to travel across landscapes at ridiculous short amounts of time, just look at how Archeology works. Do you think you would need to travel across the land as much as you do if we didn't have fly mounts? It diminishes the dangers of the worlds, all mobs can be bypassed, all hinders, mountains, forests, no problem, I'll just fly past it all. It further caters to lazy people who want to get to wherever they need to go in little to no time at all, this is an MMORPG, supposed to have a massive world to be used, yet for the most part we are teleported wherever we need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    WPvP, newsflash Blizzard made instanced PvP for a reason
    Newsflash, there's a huge difference between instanced PvP and world PvP. World PvP = big uncontrolled battles out of sheer fun, to get back at those bastard Alliance/Horde who dare trespass on our borders.
    Battlegrounds = "101 n00bz0rz! u t00k my f14g111!1!", "101z, u a11 5uck!", "ur m0th3r!" etc, nothing but lame flaming between immature morons. Granted you encounter such people in the world as well, but at the very least you don't play with them, but rather get the chance to bash their skull in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Such a silly argument to me.

Does anyone really care what the treetops are like when they are content and happily riding on the ground? And i'd attribute much of tree changes anyway to just general art design and improvements as years go on. Many of the trees for years now arent 'forest canopy' trees designed to fill the sky up anyway, which is what quotes like this reference when they talk about bad trees(like the ones in Darkshire), but just smaller height stuff to make the environment more interesting to look at.

Its like saying X-ray vision would force devs not to be lazy and they couldnt get away with much - because they dont need to design the interior of a locked house. Well nobody cares what was inside, and nobody was going inside anyway - so whats the big deal.
    Well it does open the world for more a beautiful and explorable design. Think of all the boring ass unclimbeable hills in vanilla and TBC, MoP especially changed that the with high towering rockformation, loved when flying was finally avaible and see what was up there